XBox One Scorpio & TGC2

• 81 Replies

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2017, 10:07:17 PM »
So I got a new Denon reciever today. Wanted to stay with Pioneer but best buy doesn't carry it anymore. Anyways holy poop I had no idea what newer receivers can do now. This thing has a ton of bells and whistles. Pumped to hook it up tomorrow and see what she can do.

I just got the Denon AVR-S920W 7.2 and it is a sweet upgrade over my Denon 1912.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2017, 10:07:29 PM »
So I got a new Denon reciever today. Wanted to stay with Pioneer but best buy doesn't carry it anymore. Anyways holy poop I had no idea what newer receivers can do now. This thing has a ton of bells and whistles. Pumped to hook it up tomorrow and see what she can do.

Oh boy enjoy it.   I just got a Onkyo 7.1 system and yes I was missing out big time it seems.  It's not 3 weeks old

The only reason I didn't get the Denon is because HHgreg was going out of biz so I got a much better receiver for the same price as the Denon

FRSTDWN

« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2017, 10:20:41 PM »

I just got the Denon AVR-S920W 7.2 and it is a sweet upgrade over my Denon 1912.....

Got the same one.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2017, 10:26:47 PM »

Oh boy enjoy it.   I just got a Onkyo 7.1 system and yes I was missing out big time it seems.  It's not 3 weeks old

The only reason I didn't get the Denon is because HHgreg was going out of biz so I got a much better receiver for the same price as the Denon

What is funny is I bought my son an early bday present. I got him beats wireless headphones for his iPad and I got them for 170 less than sticker because they had them priced wrong. Gota love that!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2017, 12:46:07 PM »

Got the same one.

Great receiver....can't wait to get in and fine tune it beyond the Audessey tuning....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2017, 06:27:48 PM »
Great receiver....can't wait to get in and fine tune it beyond the Audessey tuning....

Gulp... this is something I hadn't factored into my Scorpio purchase decision.  I'd already started studying the 4K display aspect of it, but this will no doubt raise an eyebrow when it's submitted to my budgetary oversight director ;D
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2017, 07:43:11 PM »

Got the same one.

Hooked it up and it is awesome. There are a lot of things I have to learn about as far as the settings go but I am impressed so far.

I think a lot of people who use receivers will have the same issue I had. My TV is 4k but my reciever was not. I never even thought about it till one day I googled it. What is misleading is most sites only talk about the TV and console but never mention the reciever.

Anyways I should be set up for the Scorpio when it comes out.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP