Idea for Devs

• 16 Replies

Poyzun

« on: June 19, 2016, 04:24:27 PM »
Just a thought, I  have played golf games on console for many years and none of these game ever gave us the chance to position our golfer in the tee box. I am not sure if this is something you could look into, or would even consider. I know when out on the real course, I hardly ever stand in the middle of the box simply because of hitting a draw or fade on most holes. It would  be nice to be able to move our guy inside the tee box to create different shots off the tee. Well hopefully you guys will take this in consideration because I know I would like to see it, and I am sure others would as well. Thanks for you time, and keep up the great work you are doing.

HitItLong

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 08:46:58 PM »
I personally asked about this about 12 to 18 months ago on this forum as a question for one of Hb's live streams, Anthony said it was something he would like to have in the game back then, it hasn't happened yet, hopefully it will in tgc2
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

rdh

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 09:33:39 PM »
Would be great if this could be incorporated into TGC2.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 09:44:47 PM »
This AND the rest of the relevant golf rules:
  • Frontal water-hazard, including yellow marking and all 3 rules options.
  • Lateral water-hazard, indluding red marking and all 5 rules options.
  • declare any ball unplayable and choose from the 3 rules options.
  • O.B. not only as one area, but as a line that can also be bound to one hole only.
Details to these have allready been discussed many times in various threads.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 11:45:22 AM »
I've had a look in setting Dont like turning friends off,Hopefully in next version when friends sign in,They dont appear over your putting stroke any way to move them to a corner..

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 12:00:03 PM »
I've had a look in setting Dont like turning friends off,Hopefully in next version when friends sign in,They dont appear over your putting stroke any way to move them to a corner..

Are you referring when playing on Xbox and an Xbox friend goes online or sends you a party invite, etc? I believe that is an Xbox system thing and not something game devs can control.  With it being in the center bottom of the screen, unfortunately for TGC it is right in your putting stroke.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 12:14:37 PM »
Yep when someone signs in right in middle of putting stroke,I thought ive played other games when sign in been in corner etc.....i might be wrong there tks for answer keith.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 12:27:00 PM »
Yep when someone signs in right in middle of putting stroke,I thought ive played other games when sign in been in corner etc.....i might be wrong there tks for answer keith.

I can ask about that one but I seem to remember it always in the bottom.  I was just checking the Settings on my XB1 but I don't see anything about placement of the Notifications.  You can just turn them on and off as well as the duration for them to show on your screen.  Unfortunately the lowest is 15 seconds.

Royce

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 10:31:03 AM »
XBox notification will always be dead center bottom unfortunately, no way to move where the notification appears on screen and that's a M$ thing not TGC.  I turn off my friends activity notifications when playing TGC because I've been bit far too many times by the popup in the middle of my down stroke, which is absolutely annoying.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Royce

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 10:33:45 AM »
Just a thought, I  have played golf games on console for many years and none of these game ever gave us the chance to position our golfer in the tee box. I am not sure if this is something you could look into, or would even consider. I know when out on the real course, I hardly ever stand in the middle of the box simply because of hitting a draw or fade on most holes. It would  be nice to be able to move our guy inside the tee box to create different shots off the tee. Well hopefully you guys will take this in consideration because I know I would like to see it, and I am sure others would as well. Thanks for you time, and keep up the great work you are doing.

Yes, this should absolutely be a given for tgc2, no reason we shouldn't be able to position our golfer in the tee box as is done in real life and I feel it would fix at least part of the issue when playing with 4 players live everyone's drives end up within a meter of each other. It just adds to course management and that should be a huge focus of making a great golf game in my eyes.

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 10:41:16 AM »
Right now most teeboxes are so small and the markers placed so narrowly I don't see how this would really be beneficial.  I like the idea but the entire tee mechanism would need changed.

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Royce

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 11:00:32 AM »
Right now most teeboxes are so small and the markers placed so narrowly I don't see how this would really be beneficial.  I like the idea but the entire tee mechanism would need changed.

I politely disagree with integrity, plenty of courses have expansive tee boxes which would benefit from the strategy of position (assuming the markers are appropriately placed).  Hole 1 at North course for example, look at the size of those tee boxes!  Seems like it would provide more flexibility in course design.

Going even further, I'd love to see the ability to play user selected tees in matchplay where the winner of the prior hole selects which tee is played for the current hole.

TGC2 Completed Courses:

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 11:18:24 AM »
I think he was referring to in-game tee boxes being so small.

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
I think he was referring to in-game tee boxes being so small.

This
TGC 2019 Courses :
The Belfry - The Brabazon
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) - with Scarpacci
TGC1/TGC2 Courses created :
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

Coda1850

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 11:26:35 AM »

I politely disagree with integrity, plenty of courses have expansive tee boxes which would benefit from the strategy of position (assuming the markers are appropriately placed).  Hole 1 at North course for example, look at the size of those tee boxes!  Seems like it would provide more flexibility in course design.

Going even further, I'd love to see the ability to play user selected tees in matchplay where the winner of the prior hole selects which tee is played for the current hole.

You do realize you cannot move throughout the entire teebox while golfing.  Golf rules & stuff... lol
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

space-cash