Links 2003 alum here...anyone else?

• 5 Replies

savagegolf70

• PS4: "WRETCHED6170" - KFG Tour on FB and PS4 Comm.
« on: July 24, 2016, 12:33:25 PM »
Being a fan of the links 2001/2003 game, I wondered if any of the course designers from over there (as well as the Tiger Woods PC version) are delving into this game (I know Perfect Golf is another one). Some of the courses on Links like the ones from Mike Jones are very well done and would be fantastic to see on TGC1 or TGC2 (when released). I was always a fan of the original St. Andrews - Jubilee course and Bountiful on the 2001 release and it'd be nice to see someone tackle them. Just chiming in and figured to throw a shout out to the Links community to see who is out there enjoying TGC.
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
The Glen @ Rochelle Arbor
LaCroix Hollow GC

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 12:38:42 PM »
Being a fan of the links 2001/2003 game, I wondered if any of the course designers from over there (as well as the Tiger Woods PC version) are delving into this game (I know Perfect Golf is another one). Some of the courses on Links like the ones from Mike Jones are very well done and would be fantastic to see on TGC1 or TGC2 (when released). I was always a fan of the original St. Andrews - Jubilee course and Bountiful on the 2001 release and it'd be nice to see someone tackle them. Just chiming in and figured to throw a shout out to the Links community to see who is out there enjoying TGC.

the Links folks tend to gravitate towards PG since it's basically Links 2016

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 02:03:10 PM »
LOL, no.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Clubfitter

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 01:31:02 AM »
Links 2003 fan here. Nothing has come close to the options that were available on that game.Multiplayer was fantastic, you just met on a site and exchanged ip and played ladder matches, tourneys ,etc. Adding your own sound wavs was also cool.I have recently purchased JNPG and I don't  think it comes close to TGC.
However the multiplayer component/community needs to be improved. A course I still remember fondly from Links 2003 was called El Scorpion,anyone else remember that one?

savagegolf70

• PS4: "WRETCHED6170" - KFG Tour on FB and PS4 Comm.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »
I think Jones  (or Hewitt) made that course if I remember...then there was Rocky Nuts lol ..I have 15 CD-R/DVD-R discs with nothing but Links 2001-2003 courses including Par 3's...equates to roughly well over 2,000 courses in total
Chichester Expanse
Serenade Valley GCC
Paladin Reef GC
Solaris Trace Golf Club
Windermere Cove
Saxonvale Pointe (3)
TSO's Wizards of Winter
Waterscape Lodge & CC
Tanelorn
Trinitarian (Par 3 + 1)
Eagles Pass Country Club
Scarlet Island GC
The Glen @ Rochelle Arbor
LaCroix Hollow GC

Grinder12000

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 09:51:58 PM »
Hell yea - I created a lot of Links courses.  PS4 not so much. I find it hard to create on a PS4
RodMelotte.com  aka Gus the Weather Dog.

space-cash