TGC 2 Project Course

• 0 Replies

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« on: July 29, 2016, 11:37:52 AM »
I've started a 2nd. course specifically to be ported over to TGC 2.  After spending hours upon hours on the first one, I decided to junk it because the layout wasn't working.  I tried cycling it through the themes and it just didn't seem to work in any of them.  It could have been a possibility in tropical, but I'm really not a fan of the trees and shrubs in that one and the buildings don't really work there either, so, back to the drawing board.
This one is going to be a gem. It's going to be a highlands theme course with lots of sculpted hills and low mountains.   I have the plot roughed out and the course roughed in (tees and greens only) and basic fairway layouts.  Now I'm running through and adding bunkers and tweaking the fairways and greens.  I'm also doing a little sculpting along the way where the topography speaks to me.  I figure I have it about 20% of where it's going right now and I'm already really, really liking it.  I'll post some pictures when I get a little further in.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash