Wolf Creek Golf Course Mesquite, NV

• 31 Replies

callmeminer

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 05:24:26 PM »
Just trying this now and it looks really good so far.  My one request would be to flip the textures to have a more lush green appearance for the fairways/green/rough.  When I Google images of Wolf Creek, most of them are very lush looking...like the attached pic.

How do you do that exactly? I know you can change themes and such but I think you are suggesting that I can change the grass texture too?

callmeminer

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 05:33:02 PM »
Not trying to be nitpicky here...just trying to help you produce something that shows the obvious effort behind i'd.  I'd suggest seeing if you can smooth out some of the jagged areas a bit.  I attached one screenshot to show what i'm referring to.  This isn't anything major though...this course is impressive to look at!

In the picture below you can see that the edges of the rough are jagged because of the polygons of the ground... I could raise the bunker a bit or move it away but then that takes away some functionality of the course. I'll try to flatten out the edges but with the way the game works I might not be able to do much

rdh

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 06:06:25 PM »
Just trying this now and it looks really good so far.  My one request would be to flip the textures to have a more lush green appearance for the fairways/green/rough.  When I Google images of Wolf Creek, most of them are very lush looking...like the attached pic.

How do you do that exactly? I know you can change themes and such but I think you are suggesting that I can change the grass texture too?

Yes, you can.  It was one of the best updates HB released for the designer.  Go to Edit Holes and then zoom in so that a surface is selected (eg. Fairway).  Then use the menu to pick "Select Surface" and you'll get the options to select from.  Same for rough, heavy rough, sand.  You can make the sand nice and white for Wolf Creek.  :)

callmeminer

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 06:54:39 PM »
Thanks! The grass looks so much better now! Anyway to change the desert color?

rdh

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 07:52:44 PM »
That looks fantastic!  Unfortunately you have no control over the native rough terrain (desert in this case).  The grass and sand texture changes make a HUGE difference though!

TeeJay0218

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 12:01:44 AM »
Looks great miner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PGA Tour Founder/President
Playstation 4's Premier Sim Society!
Play the way the pros do, green grids and scout cam off.

rdh

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 10:42:53 AM »
Any chance of a re-release of the beta with the updated surfaces?

callmeminer

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 03:45:12 PM »
Done (its named wlf crek august 16)

rdh

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 03:49:34 PM »
Thanks for doing that!  Just fired it up and wow, what a difference!  Does the course ever pop (and look much more like the real thing) with the lush colors.  Love it!

callmeminer

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 03:51:42 PM »
Thanks!

Jivesinator

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 04:12:37 PM »
something that may help minimally with the background would be to change the time, orientation, and inclination in the appearance, but, as rdh said, you can't change the background itself.

Hopefully they add something for this in TGC2, it would make RCRs more realistic.
Stupid is as stupid does. I does stupid. I is stupid.

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2016, 03:49:29 PM »
lighting will help change the color
i will....

rdh

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2016, 05:40:20 PM »
Any status update on this one?

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2016, 09:10:18 PM »
This one would be tough to do proper elevations on - it's actually crazy in real life.

The funny thing is 16 of us just walked off this course a few hours ago.  I had played it in TW but never in person.  It's actually a bit scary and some of the tee boxes you could fall to your death from.  It's tough getting through the ball worried about not stepping through haha

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

rdh

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 09:36:48 PM »
This one would be tough to do proper elevations on - it's actually crazy in real life.

The funny thing is 16 of us just walked off this course a few hours ago.  I had played it in TW but never in person.  It's actually a bit scary and some of the tee boxes you could fall to your death from.  It's tough getting through the ball worried about not stepping through haha

Wow.

space-cash