The Coeur d'Alene Resort, Idaho (My First RCR)

• 11 Replies

Phimeek

« on: August 15, 2016, 12:45:04 PM »
Hello everyone! I have been working on my first RCR, the Coeur d'Alene golf course! I have finished laid out the fairways for hole 8, 16 & 17 using the Google Earth trace method I found on YouTube. Here's some images so you can tell the detail I put in! :D

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:15:30 PM by Phimeek »
Steam: Phimeek

Courses Completed/WIP:
The Coeur d'Alene Resort, Idaho (WIP)

rdh

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 01:17:17 PM »
Looking very nice!  Hopefully you'll flip the sand to one of the more white textures to match the course more closely.  I'm sure the texture stuff is something you'll look at later, but just wanted to mention it.  I'll be looking forward to seeing this one.

Royce

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 01:36:51 PM »
Looks really good, I like the side by side with Google Earth, really shows the work that goes into mapping out an RCR!
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Jivesinator

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 02:19:37 PM »
Can't wait to play that 14th. I'd love if you could publish multiple versions and have the "floating" green moved forward or backward.
Stupid is as stupid does. I does stupid. I is stupid.

Phimeek

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 08:54:53 PM »
Looking very nice!  Hopefully you'll flip the sand to one of the more white textures to match the course more closely.  I'm sure the texture stuff is something you'll look at later, but just wanted to mention it.  I'll be looking forward to seeing this one.

Thank you! Yeah, after the course is mostly done, I'll swap textures to match the course more closely. :)

Courses Completed/WIP:

El LoCo Ade

• My Twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 11:33:18 AM »
The one already made is very good, but I look forward to this as it's a gem of a course. Adored it in Tiger Woods games of the past.

McBogga

• GroupMember

Phimeek

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 11:32:38 AM »
I have finished laying out the fairways/greens for hole 2, 6 and 7. Hole 3 is almost done. I also have to yet lay out the fairways for Hole 1.  :)

Courses Completed/WIP:

PHJ314

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 03:55:34 PM »
Looks nice!!

I re-created the floating green hole and incorporated it into my Smuggler's Loch course. (17th Hole)

My courses, Fictional:
Vardonheim
Smuggler's Loch GC
Tysbrook GC
Manotick National
Hagenstrol GC
Barrhaven Black
LeBretton Links

RCR:
Stonebridge GC - (Ottawa)

Phimeek

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 01:12:13 PM »
Well, I haven't worked on it for 4 months, but I wanted to give you a small update, but nothing major for me to add images here - I have finished laying out all 18 holes and the only remaining thing for me to do is to finish lay out all the cart paths, as well as polishing the floating green hole and it's now on to adding elevations and plant some trees and flowers all over the course.

If you don't see any updates to this one for a while, I want to let you all know that I have no intention of scrapping the course because all the CDA courses that's in the TGC server is too inaccurate and I will work hard to give you all a authentic experience on the course! :)

Courses Completed/WIP:

jack d and coke

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 06:05:39 PM »
I can't find this course....

Jivesinator

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »
it's a WIP, hasn't been published yet.
Stupid is as stupid does. I does stupid. I is stupid.

space-cash