Will this game be a Preview for Xbox One while in development?

• 10 Replies

NewBlacksmurf

« on: August 31, 2016, 01:58:14 PM »
A lot has changed since the first TG game and so as the Xbox and windows10 begin merging and enhancing their offerings, I'm curious of two things.

1. Does HBS have plans to first release this game in the Preview section like Steam allows for unfinished games?

2. Will this game digitally be one that's purchased once and owned on PC and Xbox One?

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 10:26:15 AM »
I've only heard mention of a closed beta for the PC version of the game only so far.  Your second question is an interesting one.  I don't have an answer, but my guess would be there will be separate XBox One and PC versions of the game, primarily because the capabilities of gaming PCs can fall well short to well beyond those of an XBox One (XB1 Scorpion not withstanding, but that's still a year off).
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 09:47:58 AM »
So now that the closed beta for PC is up.

I thought to post again....I don't expect an answer within 60 days on my question about Xbox one preview but I'm wondering more on the Xbox play anywhere assuming these conversations with the developer would be timely

Not expected but it would be a great opportunity as some folks who do test via steam and others later on Xbox one could pre-buy to test on Xbox one but also have a PC version as this normally is steam, PS4 and Xbox one.

Opens up another customer group

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 01:43:15 PM »
Thought I'd ask one more time

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 01:44:59 PM »

Since TGC2 will not be in Steam Early Access as TGC1 was, I highly doubt it, but would see if Shaun or onw of the Devs could answer yea or nay.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 01:47:11 PM »

Since TGC2 will not be in Steam Early Access as TGC1 was, I highly doubt it, but would see if Shaun or onw of the Devs could answer yea or nay.

Gotcha.  I'd even like a beta weekend only thing for existing owners of TGC1

Maybe that's selfish tho....whatever HBS decides just curious tho

HB_BrettM

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 03:12:32 PM »
A lot has changed since the first TG game and so as the Xbox and windows10 begin merging and enhancing their offerings, I'm curious of two things.

1. Does HBS have plans to first release this game in the Preview section like Steam allows for unfinished games?

2. Will this game digitally be one that's purchased once and owned on PC and Xbox One?

TGC 2 will not be available on Steam early access and you would have to purchase a copy from steam for PC and a separate copy for Xbox.

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 03:51:34 PM »

TGC 2 will not be available on Steam early access and you would have to purchase a copy from steam for PC and a separate copy for Xbox.

Xbox One has a Preview section in their store for unfinished games that allows customers to buy the game while it's being finalized and play it and allow devs to update it. 
I tried to give Steam as an example and not suggest buying from Steam and playing on Xbox one.

Did you all have plans to utilize this feature for Xbox one?

Examples: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/ark-survival-evolved-game-preview/bnblc4zgfnkb

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/we-happy-few-game-preview/bpr2tbs2kmqj
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 03:53:31 PM by NewBlacksmurf »

HB_BrettM

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 10:36:12 AM »

Xbox One has a Preview section in their store for unfinished games that allows customers to buy the game while it's being finalized and play it and allow devs to update it. 
I tried to give Steam as an example and not suggest buying from Steam and playing on Xbox one.

Examples: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/ark-survival-evolved-game-preview/bnblc4zgfnkb

It's looking like we aren't going to be using this preview feature for Xbox one.

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 10:51:43 AM »

It's looking like we aren't going to be using this preview feature for Xbox one.

Thanks for the response!

Wish you all the best on TGC2. I'll prob buy it on Xbox one if there's a 1080p version even if that requires the Xbox Scorpio. 

You guys look like you've taken a lot of feedback and that's exciting to see

HB_BrettM

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 11:05:12 AM »

Thanks for the response!

Wish you all the best on TGC2. I'll prob buy it on Xbox one if there's a 1080p version even if that requires the Xbox Scorpio. 

You guys look like you've taken a lot of feedback and that's exciting to see

We want to make the best game we possibly can  ;D

space-cash