Hardware news

• 224 Replies

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2017, 08:07:56 PM »
Hey guys not sure this game is on the list to be updated....did the developers confirm?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gasman

« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2017, 08:10:23 PM »
Hey guys not sure this game is on the list to be updated....did the developers confirm?

No not confirmed but almost a guarantee it will not be.

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2017, 08:12:23 PM »

No not confirmed but almost a guarantee it will not be.

I'm not sure why but yeah.....I just chalked it up as wasting my money as my hope was it would be updated

Games list - https://www.windowscentral.com/all-xbox-one-x-enhanced-games

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2017, 08:46:35 PM »
Got mine at best buy online just now. I did get a confirmation email so unless it's a mess up by them I have it pre ordered.

Ditto....just got confirmation of the Project Scorpio Edition.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

FRSTDWN

« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2017, 08:48:41 PM »
Suprised to not see battlefield on that list. Playing battlefront 2 with my son should be awesome . Battlegrounds is also supposed to come to Xbox which looks like a blast.

I'm sure more games will be added. I have my doubts with Tgc2 as well. It should run better though.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #215 on: August 20, 2017, 08:49:25 PM »
Got mine at best buy online just now. I did get a confirmation email so unless it's a mess up by them I have it pre ordered.

Ditto....just got confirmation of the Project Scorpio Edition.

Nice.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Gasman

« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2017, 04:10:48 AM »
Any sign of the standard version in the US?........preordered the Scorpio but would prefer the standard X but doesn't appear to have gone on sale in the UK.

Enef56

« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2017, 05:21:45 AM »
I see it's £449 in the Uk always dearer here

FRSTDWN

« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »
Any sign of the standard version in the US?........preordered the Scorpio but would prefer the standard X but doesn't appear to have gone on sale in the UK.

Not much of a difference is there? I think the Scorpio is a cooler name anyways.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2017, 11:23:11 AM »

Not much of a difference is there? I think the Scorpio is a cooler name anyways.

None except for "Project Scorpio" logo on console and controller.
PC

Xbox One X

Gasman

« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2017, 04:05:59 PM »

None except for "Project Scorpio" logo on console and controller.

The Scorpio has a modified skin over the standard version which I thought was possibly some form of wrap.........wasn't keen on that idea to be honest.

stan_solo

« Reply #221 on: August 24, 2017, 05:16:15 PM »

I’ve been licking my lips for years at the prospect of one day being able to buy a 21:9 monitor, along with the necessary hardware required to run it. Samsung has gone and one-upped us all with the launch of its 49-inch, 31:9 aspect ratio behemoth. The CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor packs a resolution of 3840 x 1080, alongside its frankly ridiculous Super Widescreen aspect ratio.

At 49” this is a  fair bit larger than the TV in my front room, although the 31:9 aspect ratio means it’s several times wider than it is tall. If you’ve got a pair of standard 1920 x 1080 27” monitors then it should be fairly equal to that, give or take a few inches and minus the pesky bezels running down the middle.

The Samsung CHG90 is a curved display with an 1800R curvature,144Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time and HDR support. Round the back it’s got a pair of HDMI ports and a DisplayPort for all your graphics needs.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2017, 05:28:47 PM »
Looks nice, but too wide IMO.

Had a 34" LG ultrawide at 3440 curved and it had huge issues and had to return it.

Would love to see a 40" 4K at 144hz G Sync with 1ms response.....
PC

Xbox One X

Thrangar

« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2018, 11:55:39 AM »
windows central...Xbox Insider head, Bradley Rossetti, previously detailed plans for Dolby Vision video streaming, first limited to the Netflix app. Speaking to CNET, a Microsoft spokesperson has reportedly confirmed 4K HDR Dolby Vision disc compatibility is slated to arrive "with an update for all users this fall."

Dolby Vision support further solidifies the Xbox One's dominance as a cohesive gaming console, building on its media capabilities from launch. Currently, Dolby Vision can get significantly brighter (up to 10,000 nits of brightness) supports 12-bit color, while HDR10 will only be able to hit 4,000 nits and 10-bit color. The technology's dynamic metadata is also processed on a frame-by-frame basis, allowing color settings and brightness to adapt on the fly. Across supported media, your Xbox One video may look better than ever.

Dolby Vision support is currently expected in the coming weeks for select members of the Xbox Insider Program.
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

stan_solo

« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2019, 02:35:51 PM »
PS5 and Xbox Scarlett 'major leap' over current gen says Ubisoft

PlatinumGames producer Atsushi Inaba may not be particularly enamoured by the next generation of consoles, but Ubisoft certainly is. Speaking to The ToryTelegraph, Ubisoft executive director for EMEA, Alain Corre, said he expects the upcoming PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett to be “a really major leap” over the current generation of consoles.

“We don’t know what the fans will want, we don’t know how streaming will increase… what we do know is that the next generation of consoles which have been announced are a really major leap from the current generation, and for us creators, it is fantastic because we have always been very excited in trying to capture the cutting edge of what technology can offer,” said Corre.

Which, well, is all a load of old waffle when it comes to how it changes the games we play. We all know the next generation of consoles will be multitudes faster, but will they actually offer new gameplay experiences outside of what’s already possible. On that front, Corre seems pretty excited about the potential implications for AI advances. AI in games has felt pretty stagnant for the past decade or so, although we’re beginning to see developers begin to experiment with a few interesting ideas.

“Developers want to surprise all the time, to innovate – and technology allows us to go into unknown territories and to bring something fresh”, Corre continues. “Like in Watch Dogs for example. Thanks to the AI that they are mastering now we are able to bring new gameplay. And if the manufactures of this world can go on innovating and pushing the boundaries of technologies, then we will be able to create better games and convince more fans and the industry will go on growing.”

What we’ve actually seen of the new consoles is scant in the extreme. We know both consoles have Zen 2 architecture, as well as 7nm Radeon Navi GPUs. Performance-wise, all Sony and Microsoft have harped on about so far is the improvements to load times offered by SSDs. Load times certainly are a thorn in the side of modern consoles, so any improvement here to bring them more into line with PCs has to be seen as an improvement. A belated one, but an improvement all the same.

“Microsoft spoke about SSD and the fact they want to reduce the loading times – which we like very much because we’re players too!” said Corre. “It’s a very important topic and it’s a revolution, this thing. On the graphics side, it’s still improving because you will see a difference from 4K to 8K. There are things they are proposing that will make these machines super sexy for the fans to look forward to.”

It’s a very different angle to the one we heard from Atsushi Inaba last week, although it’s perhaps to be expected when Ubisoft is so concerned with pushing graphics tech and immersive visuals to the max. PlatinumGames has a history of taking advantage of unique hardware, particularly in terms of gameplay mechanics rather than pixel-pushing. Ubisoft’s obviously all-in on higher quality visuals and shorter load times though.

space-cash