Red Dead Redemption 2

• 61 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2018, 10:47:46 AM »
I went ahead and got it. Did not play it last night but will check it out this weekend.  I think my son will like it more that I will but after seeing it getting such high scores I wanted to check it out. Plus in a month or so it will have a multiplayer which sounds cool.

I wills say a lot of people on my Friends list have it. Most I have seen of any game minus TGC 19.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Coda1850

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2018, 01:21:30 PM »
I also pre-ordered this yesterday.  It's all downloaded & waiting for me to play.  I need something since TCG2019 isn't doing it for me.
I never played the 1st RDR.  I found an 11 min youtube video that explains the story of the 1st.  I'm gonna watch that then play away on RDR2. 
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2018, 09:50:22 PM »
Wouldn’t you know it, I’m out of town today but the game will be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow.

My son even said he would stop by this weekend to check the game out. I look forward to playing the online version with him in November. 

Even my daughter loved playing RDR1 so this could become a new family activity.   ;) :)

-MERACE

Gasman

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2018, 05:07:33 AM »
Started a playthrough last night,need to experiment with the HDR to get the game looking it's best.
A snowy start to the game is a clever move by Rockstar, it's a difficult thing to present graphically & although I was not disappointed with the visuals it didn't meet the hype.......not at least until the thawing journey to camp.
So impressive......looking forward to another couple of hours play tonight.....maybe 3 or 4... ;)

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2018, 03:59:18 PM »
Well I’m home now and had a chance to play a little RDR2 today.

It has certainly exceeded my expectations and I will probably be playing it even more than I did RDR1.  8)

I ran into a little difficulty in playing the first train robbery mission. Aftrer wiring the dinamite switch I went bank up on the cliff and lined up next to one of the gang members waiting for the train to arrive.

I was waiting and waiting and waiting and the train never came. I finally figured out that I needed to approach Dutch to cause the train arrival cut scene to trigger.

I also killed my first deer with a bow and arrow.  Not being a hunter IRL I surprisingly enjoyed my first “hunting” experience albeit virtually.  ;)

There’s a lot to learn and do in this game so I’m progressing through it slowly.

-MERACE

ClassAct147

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2018, 04:34:47 PM »
Bought it on Friday, still haven't played it though.  Been hearing a lot about clunky awkward controls and blurry graphics (unless playing in 4k).  Hardly feel like bothering now but I do still have 2 year old games which where seen as blockbusters in their day, untouched and still in their box.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2018, 02:38:53 PM »
Debbie Downer lol. This game is awesome.

This is the best offline game I have ever played and I hate offline games. Once you get past the first Chapter the map starts opening up and there is a lot of trouble  you can get into. I already have a 200 dollar bounty on my head lol. The game is just so immersive and every time I leave the camp I have no idea what will happen.

The controls are a little clunky but I am getting used to them. The graphics look awesome to me. The interactions with the surroundings are impressive to say the least.

Here are two examples.

I went on a bear hunt but lost him. I tried hard to find him and even fell off my horse doing so. Almost died. heading back to camp I go past this guy and he says" keep looking at me and I will make  you even unglier than you are". I was pissed off and decided to draw and we had a gun fight. I am using free aim (no aim assist ) and I hid behind some bushes waiting for his ass to come down the hill. I blasted him with my shotgun and killed him and his horse. It was right by a  pond so I looted his ass and then his horse and got a nice gold nugget. Then I dumped his body in the pond. A witness saw me near the hourse but not dump the body so I got called out for animal cruelty lol. SO then I had to take care of him. No witness no crime.

I went to town for the first time (Valentine) and was just looking around . I bump into this guy and throws a punch I draw and kill him then all hell breaks loose. I run into the closet building which happens to be the Sheriffs lol and did not last long. I came back the next day to try and buy some suppliers and someone recognized me and reported me. Bounty hunters coming. I escape them and camp out for the night. I wake up and they are close by and tracking me again. I get away and then go hunting and got two wild Turkeys but did not get them in the head so the quality was not very good for the camp.

Seriously if you do not like this game I do not know what to tell ya. Rockstar has set the bar high for this game.

For those playing two things you might not know.

If you double tap LB on Xbox you twirl you gun in and out of your holster.

When aiming if you press up on the d pad and fire you shoot a warning shot in the air.

I cannot wait to see what the MP looks like. It could be amazing.

Here is some clips. Second one I am trying to loot a horse. Does not go well.

https://xboxclips.com/FRSTDWN/a2940526-9f9a-4ec1-964e-d46099f3db93

https://xboxclips.com/FRSTDWN/2d229335-d80e-4843-bb79-33fc7d6b1d70
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:45:02 PM by FRSTDWN »

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Gasman

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2018, 05:08:50 PM »
Pay your bounty at any post office & you can walk free in Valentine again.....

FRSTDWN

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2018, 05:16:12 PM »
I do not have enough cash. I have enough in loot but I need to find a fence. I think I am going to rob a train tonight.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Gasman

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2018, 05:24:53 PM »
I do not have enough cash. I have enough in loot but I need to find a fence. I think I am going to rob a train tonight.

If you can find that bear his pelt is worth big money.
I killed him & skinned him & took the pelt back to camp because it was the middle of the night,it's now gone missing but it may turn up at a trapper when I can find one.If you sell it's worth a lot from what I read.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2018, 05:31:48 PM »
I was thinking of robing the post office lol.

From what I have read you can go to places on the map that are not opened yet. There is a fence not that far away.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Gasman

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2018, 06:14:58 PM »

From what I have read you can go to places on the map that are not opened yet. There is a fence not that far away.

The complete map is open from what I can see,I had a ride out to black water yesterday & lost my horse when it got clipped by a train.I had to carry my saddle all the way back to camp,I took the short cut across the railroad bridge & had a 'Stand by me' moment when I got two thirds across it & the train came.Had to ditch the saddle & run for my life.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2018, 10:41:56 PM »
I’m still getting used to the controls.  I accidentally pressed the punch button when I was standing next to my horse.  He kicked me but I survived. We’re still pals.  ;)

-MERACE

FRSTDWN

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2018, 02:40:24 PM »

The complete map is open from what I can see,I had a ride out to black water yesterday & lost my horse when it got clipped by a train.I had to carry my saddle all the way back to camp,I took the short cut across the railroad bridge & had a 'Stand by me' moment when I got two thirds across it & the train came.Had to ditch the saddle & run for my life.

On mine it is not. I tried to go somewhere on my map ( I am trying to play with no HUD) and I was immediately taken care off by bounty hunters. Like a swarm of them. I had never been there before so not sure what that was about.

I found the fence who takes carriages and I cashed in a bunch of stuff. I had so much fun playing this last night. So much crazy **** happens!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Gasman

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2018, 03:04:49 PM »

On mine it is not. I tried to go somewhere on my map ( I am trying to play with no HUD) and I was immediately taken care off by bounty hunters. Like a swarm of them. I had never been there before so not sure what that was about.

I found the fence who takes carriages and I cashed in a bunch of stuff. I had so much fun playing this last night. So much crazy **** happens!

Get the companion app on your phone if your playing no HUD.

space-cash