Aspinwall Motor Speedway Golf Course

• 8 Replies

Dox

« on: December 03, 2016, 11:29:13 AM »
Race to the checkered flag at 18 holes spanning a track distance of 7157 yards. Located in the northeast United States and set in the harvest theme. Went with med fast greens(161) and medium firmness.

The main theme is like the title says a golf course located outside and in a race track. I went with a par 72, but an extra par 5 and par 3(5/8/5).

The first 12 holes are behind the back straightaway working towards the turn 3 tunnel. Then emerge on the infield of the track to play two par 3's and two par 4's(which share the same fairway). Finally back outside the track to cross the finish line twice more on your way to the Winner's Circle Bar and Grill inside the clubhouse.

Left myself plenty of room to update this course when TGC 2 arrives. Hopefully with more objects and easier ways to place them.

This probably will be the only version, but if it's popular and actually gets a handicap rating(would be my first) I might do a different setup or two.

Hope you all enjoy it and as always love to hear feedback.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 04:52:42 PM by Dox »
Completed courses:
Foxhurst Valley
Ashford Pines Golf Club
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Members
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116348594

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 12:10:19 PM »
Very creative, I will have to check it out.

El LoCo Ade

• My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 05:34:43 PM »
This looks interesting. Reminds me of something a little different back in Ireland, playing golf in the middle of Leopardstown and Navan (horse) Racecourse which is always fun and unique. Gonna give it a go later.

rdh

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »
That would be a challenging round of golf with racecars roaring by in your backswing!  The course itself looks really good to my eye (nice realistic one)...i'll check it out!

XGN_DerpyBurger

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 05:58:21 PM »
That would be a challenging round of golf with racecars roaring by in your backswing!  The course itself looks really good to my eye (nice realistic one)...i'll check it out!

Wouldn't be the only course near a racetrack though, there is one at Indianapolis Motor Speedway too.

platypus409

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 08:19:53 PM »
Fun course that got the best of me. Awesome eagle by Karma on hole 1. Good looking course with good performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregfordyce

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 08:59:22 AM »
We'll be playing/reviewing this one on the show this Thursday. Great job!
Tune in @ 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday, TGC Course Review:

http://www.twitch.tv/tgccoursereview
Stumbling Wallaby GC
Malvern Park-Chicago, IL
Saguaro Bravo G.C.
Chaco Pecos GC
Sandpiper Hills GC

Dox

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 12:20:08 PM »
Fun course that got the best of me. Awesome eagle by Karma on hole 1. Good looking course with good performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to hear you enjoyed it even with a tough round. In offline play testing I shot over par a few times even in low winds.

We'll be playing/reviewing this one on the show this Thursday. Great job!
Tune in @ 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday, TGC Course Review:

http://www.twitch.tv/tgccoursereview

Thanks for the kind words. Will try and catch the review. Right now I should be able to see it live if my schedule doesn't change.
Completed courses:
Foxhurst Valley
Ashford Pines Golf Club
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Members
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116348594

El LoCo Ade

• My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 10:34:03 AM »
Finally got around to playing it there. Shot -14, and thoroughly enjoyed the layout although I kept mucking up some of my drives (been awhile since I had last played). It makes for a fun match-play course especially. Gave it a 9 out of 10.

space-cash