Skytrack questions

• 3 Replies

FRSTDWN

« on: December 21, 2016, 02:55:36 PM »
This looks like a really afforbale option. I recenty ripped out my drop cieling in my basement and had it blacked out. So now I can swing a club in my man cave.

My questions are...

Is it accurate?

Minus the unit, a net and hitting mat what do I need. Does it hook up to a PC then to a monitor or could it be hooked up somehow to you tv? I have read a little about it this part is what is confusing me. Also I guess you can choose which golf game you want with it as well? So I could choose TGC correct?

If I could get a whole set up for around 3K I would probably pull the trigger.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 10:43:54 PM »
Ideally, you want to project it onto your hitting screen so that you can get the feeling of playing.  So, you'd need a projector (3k+ lumens so that it's bright when you have some lights on). 

If you're going through protee, you need to buy the sim version of the software- $1K.

Golfsimulatorforum.com is where you should go to research it.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 04:24:41 PM »
Ok thanks
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

GolfGuy72

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 10:31:56 AM »
I'm a little late to the party here, but just wanted to add my two cents. In my setup, I hit into a net and have a TV mounted on the wall I'm facing at address. With the SkyTrak shot delay (2-3 seconds), I decided against the screen option as I didn't feel the realism would be there. I wasn't sure I'd be totally crazy about the setup, but short of getting a GC2 (which is about three to four times the cost of the SkyTrak and doesn't officially support TGC) and screen setup, I could not be happier. My only regret is that I didn't get off the fence and jump in sooner. If you're not already there, when you get set up, you are going to love it!

In terms of accuracy, I got mine in the middle of winter so I haven't had the chance to test my swing outside. But, I can say that on most shots, I'm able to call what the ball is going to do between the time I'm done swinging and when it takes off on screen. If I close or open the face, the ball draws accordingly. What's impressed me the most is how much more spin it reads on a Pro V1 versus a distance ball. If I hit a 80-yard wedge shot with a Pro V1, it stops and backs up a bit after the first bounce. With an old Maxfli Noodle I have here, it rolls forward a bit.

On the other hand, sometimes a shot will veer way left for no reason whatsoever, or a putt that I could see go perfectly straight on my mat will go quite a bit left or right. This is pretty rare, however, and does nothing to take away from my amazement of and enjoyment in the system.

Actually, one other item I took into consideration... Most golf screens I researched had bounce back issues, limited lifespans, or some other factor that meant it would become a rather substantial and relatively frequent investment, or at least much more so than my net, which is rated for 250,000 shots and ball speeds up to 250 mph. As a bonus, it gently returns the ball to my feet!

Good luck with your setup if you're not done yet. You will love it!

space-cash