Green Speeds?

• 23 Replies

BusDriver555

• The Nike BOB (Black One Black)
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 01:40:33 PM »
I agree.  The physics are "off" in several scenarios on this game.  Fun game.  Love the variety of courses.  Just wish they dialed in the "game play" aspects a bit more.  Hopefully they will in TGC2.
Creator of:
* Napa Valley Club & Lodge
* The Medalist Club Lake Tahoe

stan_solo

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 04:05:25 PM »
I really hope HB learns that mid-short irons spin the ball with TGC2 :)  The funny thing is you can hit a 3 iron higher in TGC1 than anyone has ever hit a 3 iron but an 8 iron bounces off greens when firm is chosen.

Being able to loft up 3/4/5 irons so the ball lands on a dime is the 'arcade' element in this game ... should never happen unless there is a gale force wind blowing in your face

BusDriver555

• The Nike BOB (Black One Black)
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 01:27:58 PM »
Why would you ever loft UP with a gale force wind in your face?  If it's in your face, you'd usually de-loft.

I get what you're saying, but PGA players loft up and down on shots all the time depending on the shot.  So I'd think we'd need a way too.  The amount of loft UP you can get on long irons should be limited though, because in IRL, it's only going up a little on those.
Creator of:
* Napa Valley Club & Lodge
* The Medalist Club Lake Tahoe

stan_solo

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 04:19:55 PM »
Why would you ever loft UP with a gale force wind in your face?  If it's in your face, you'd usually de-loft.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough ... I meant that the ball will land more or less dead with a strong headwind with the long irons without lofting

The punch shot would normally be the better option

The fact remains ..... remove the 'arcade' lofting and have it only for wedges

FRSTDWN

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 12:25:19 PM »
Funny I played Harbor Town last week and the greens were like rocks and fast. Reminded me of this game on firm and fast. If you missed above the hole especially off the green you had no chance. Shows how good the pros are.

One highlight around the greens is  chipped on in from about 20 yards or so but I was below the hole lol.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Coda1850

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 12:39:03 PM »
Funny I played Harbor Town last week and the greens were like rocks and fast. Reminded me of this game on firm and fast. If you missed above the hole especially off the green you had no chance. Shows how good the pros are.

One highlight around the greens is  chipped on in from about 20 yards or so but I was below the hole lol.

Harbor Town, Nice!!!  I actually have a golf trip planned later this month to SC.  Not sure where I'm playing yet but doubt it'll be Harbor Town.
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

FRSTDWN

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 02:34:46 PM »
Yea the course was nice but I will say I did not like having to have a fore caddie.  Would rather play the course on my own. It might have been just him though he was telling what to hit when he had no clue how far I could hit the ball. He also was telling my buddy how to swing which he did not like. Can say I played it though.

There are a ton of great courses though. My buddy always gets a package deal. We had a condo, 18, 36 and 18 at HT for 640.00 each. That does not include drinks and food or travel. I am guessing my drinks might have been close to the actual bill.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

brunoital

• Annunci Subito.it
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2017, 12:45:34 PM »
Unfortunately, to guard par, many designers choose firm greens and fast speeds.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2017, 05:55:25 PM »
Unfortunately, fast speeds are not all that fast which lead to exaggerated sloping. There is also not enough ball deviation for proper golf design to guard a hole.

space-cash