Anyone playing this with the Oculus?

• 4 Replies

bilbosmeggins

« on: January 22, 2017, 09:29:22 AM »
I know that it is a Vive release only, but there are some reports of Oculus users playing it.  I just wondered how well it fared with the Touch controllers and lack of room scale?  Are there any plans to properly implement the rift?  Real close to buying it on Steam, but just wanted some feedback first :)

PhilSurtees

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 12:00:42 PM »
I'm using the Oculus and I just got the game 3 days ago, so I'm still learning. I plan to post some feedback for the devs (I assume they are interested) later this week.
Short answer is yes, it's playable and I actually have some fun in spite of the bugs.
The biggest problem is the menu, it pops up every time you inadvertantly hit a button, which is annoying enough, but even when you want to use the menu it's very difficult, screens whiz by and its hard to make a the selection you want, as it often seems to make selections of it's own. The yardage book does not update after 2 or 3 holes either.
Once you get on a course it's fun, but since there is no driving range, you will do all your learning on the course. My first round was a 162 (and thats with the mercy rule). I'm under 110 now.
I'm finding it hard to make a full swing and release without throwing my shoulder out, because there is no actual club in my hand to act as ballast. I am experimenting with a cut down wedge and will report on that later also.
It's worth the $25 if you are an avid golf gamer and just can't wait, like me.

bilbosmeggins

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 06:30:38 PM »
Thanks for the info, Phil.  Much appreciated.  I think I may sit on the fence a while in the hope that they implement proper support.  I don't have all that much patience when menus start flying about, lol.  Be interesting to hear about your cut down wedge results :)

HB_BrettM

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:14 AM »
We are in the process of getting an Oculus to the studio to make all the appropriate fixes to ensure the game runs just as well as it does on the Vive.

So yeah, Oculus support coming very soon  ;D

bilbosmeggins

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 03:50:52 PM »
Excellent news, and much appreciated.  I'll get my cc ready :)

space-cash