Author Topic: Windows 10 PC and XBox One Cross-Play with TGC 2?  (Read 2228 times)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
Windows 10 PC and XBox One Cross-Play with TGC 2?
« on: January 27, 2017, 01:46:44 AM »
I haven't seen any mention of the potential for cross-play for TGC 2 between Windows 10 PC's and Xbox Ones.  I don't have enough of a feel for how current Windows 10 PC games interface with Xbox Ones to know if this will be doable, particularly if TGC 2 doesn't require Xbox Live Gold accounts for Xbox One players.  Currently, I don't believe Windows 10 PC gamers have to have Xbox Live Gold accounts to engage in cross-play with Xbox One gamers.  If I understand it correctly, Windows 10 PC gamers only have to have a Microsoft ID to do this.

Truth be known, I'd like to have Xbox Live Gold membership be a requirement for online multiplayer for the Xbox One version.  The reason I selfishly say that is it seems that's what it will take to eliminate the communication lag between players trying to play the game concurrently in real time, without the 4 to 7 second lag between animation and voice.  I know you can select 'quick animations' in the settings menu in the current game and get this delay down to about a second, but the abbreviated animations resulting from this make the multiplayer experience feel fractured, IMO.

Cross-play would be a real asset to Societies, one would imagine.  It would be nice to have the diversity of two different platform bases playing in the same Society.  It's probably a bit too soon to expect an official answer on this, but I'll go ahead and sow this seed for harvesting when it is ripe.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Thrangar

Re: Windows 10 PC and XBox One Cross-Play with TGC 2?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 10:02:56 AM »
Is not that whole reason behind windows 10, I know Minecraft is cross platform with winn 10, but micro bought the game so maybe they made modifications.

I wonder, would it be up to HB,  to make it cross platform or if it would be micro live hook up?
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)
"Handicaps
"But they even the field!" Yes, because a touchdown counts for 12 points for some quarterbacks and just six for others. Doesn't this defeat the entire ethos of competition?"

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 01:40:23 PM »
Is not that whole reason behind windows 10, I know Minecraft is cross platform with winn 10, but micro bought the game so maybe they made modifications.

Does this ability to play cross-platform with XBox One players using Windows 10 require the Windows 10 player to have an XBox Live Gold account?

I wonder, would it be up to HB,  to make it cross platform or if it would be micro live hook up?

I'm sure it would be up to HBS to make it cross-playable between the two, but they would have to follow Microsoft's protocols to make that happen, which is what I'm trying to get a firm handle on.  I want to be clear that I'm not talking about what Microsoft calls "Play-Anywhere" which means the same game can be played on either an XBox One or a PC.  That is distinctively different classification.  Games like ReCore and Forza Horizon 3 fall into that category.  I'd be really shocked (but also pleased) if HBS went that route.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:55:16 PM by jcauthen04 »
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 05:31:45 PM »
Iv'e mentioned this before' Warthunder has crossplatform play with the ps4. so if it can be done with pc/ps4 don't see why it shouldn't or couldn't be done with xboxone.Even the ps4 gametags are the same it just has a little icon next to the name so you can see who you are up against.With a game like that' it's a bit silly though as m/k is far superior to a gamepad when aiming comes into play..
i7 4790k 4.40Ghz
MSI GTX 980 TI 6Gb Gaming
H100i (AIO)
MSI GD65 gaming m-board
16Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2 playlist- http://bit.ly/2wBnFfW

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 03:48:34 PM »
Iv'e mentioned this before' Warthunder has crossplatform play with the ps4. so if it can be done with pc/ps4 don't see why it shouldn't or couldn't be done with xboxone.Even the ps4 gametags are the same it just has a little icon next to the name so you can see who you are up against.With a game like that' it's a bit silly though as m/k is far superior to a gamepad when aiming comes into play..

HBS hasn't mentioned this for The Golf Club 2, that I can recall.  We should be getting a hint or two about it very shortly though!  ;)
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

HB_BrettM

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »
Unfortunately it's looking like the Xbox One 'Play Anywhere' won't be part of TGC2.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 08:12:42 AM »
Unfortunately it's looking like the Xbox One 'Play Anywhere' won't be part of TGC2.

Brett, I'm not necessarily interested in Play Anywhere, nearly as much as I am Crossplay, which Microsoft speaks of in this way:

Certain multiplayer games offer cross play, which enables people on Xbox One to play with people on PCs and vice versa. Some games that offer cross play let you turn it off; check the game’s settings if you want to play only with people using the same device that you’re using.

Play Anythere allows owners to play the game on either their PC or their XBox One.  There's a big difference here.  I'd think you guys would have a reasonable shot at pulling off what Microsoft calls "Cross Play".
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

scajjr2

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 11:59:36 AM »
I thought the Play Anywhere was you just logging remotely into your XBox 1, didn't understand it to be game specific.

Sam
i7-6700k,ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4,32Gb DDR4, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb PCIe NVMe & 850 EVO 1Tb SSDs , 3Tb HDD, Zotac GTX 1080Ti,  Vizio D40u-D1 40" 4K TV, Win 10 x64, XB1 controller

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G i7-6700hq, 16Gb DDR4, 512Gb SSD, GTX1070 6Gb, 17" g-sync

Xbox One 500Gb

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 02:07:00 PM »
It is game specific... here's a good definition of it I found:

Microsoft introduced its new Xbox service, called Xbox Play Anywhere, at E3 2016. The service basically allows you to purchase a participating game (aka an "Xbox Play Anywhere" digital game), then play it on both an Xbox One and a Windows 10 PC at no additional cost. That means, with a single purchase, the game will be unlocked across both platforms. Also, your progress - including saves, achievements, add-ons, season passes, consumables, and in-game unlocks - will transfer across both platforms, so you can pick up where you left off.

The definition does stress that it only applies to digital games.  Here's the link to the full story from which I pulled that quote:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/138141-what-is-xbox-play-anywhere-and-when-will-it-be-available
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:18:17 PM by jcauthen04 »
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Rich34

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 08:39:05 AM »
Cross play between  PC  and xbox one requires the the developer to get approval. The PC version has  to be distributed through the windows store and must be a win 10 game. The game would also have to distributed through steam in order to play on win 7 and win 8. They would not have any cross play ability.

PC games played through  windows are known as universal window platform apps. There are restrictions on how they can be played on the PC.

Any serious PC player should Google  PC gaming  Steam versus Windows. Many articles with good information.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 02:29:55 PM »
Cross play between  PC  and xbox one requires the the developer to get approval. The PC version has  to be distributed through the windows store and must be a win 10 game. The game would also have to distributed through steam in order to play on win 7 and win 8. They would not have any cross play ability.

PC games played through  windows are known as universal window platform apps. There are restrictions on how they can be played on the PC.

Any serious PC player should Google  PC gaming  Steam versus Windows. Many articles with good information.

I know Perfect Parallel is already touting the fact that their Windows 10 version of Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf will feature cross play, but they have also said that they will continue to support the Steam version of the game.  I would think that if HBS was going to support cross play, they would have had to have planned on a Windows 7 and 8, Steam version of  TGC 2, and a separate Windows 10, Windows Store version of TGC 2 from the outset.  I see no hint of that happening, as much as I'd love to have become a reality.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Rich34

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 09:35:51 PM »
JC ,  PP as far as I know does not plan to distribute their new game on the steam platform thus eliminating those on win 7 or win 8 to enjoy a better version of the game.  They can put the  new version on steam. They do not have to rebuild the existing game. It will be a paid game such as the window platform.

space-cash