Island's End Golf and Country Club

• 5 Replies

RussWest44

• GroupMember
« on: January 29, 2017, 01:14:29 PM »
I played this course when I was about 12 years old. It's situated at the very northeastern tip of long island. To this day it remains one of my favorite golf courses I've played.

Simplistic but very aesthetically appealing to me, an interesting mix of links and Northeast US "Golden Age" architecture. Holes 15 is a 300 yard uphill par 4 with a crazy green, and 16 long par 3 where the Long Island Sound, a 200-ish foot tall cliff, comes in to play. Provides a Pebble Beach like feel on the opposite side of the country.

Will try to do a hole a day, and then will take a while to add final touches and everything. Hopefully this interests some of you!

Pictures in order:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:16:17 PM by RussWest44 »
Wrong hole Kobe

ACES-R-WILD_

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 01:22:30 PM »
I played this course when I was about 12 years old. It's situated at the very northeastern tip of long island. To this day it remains one of my favorite golf courses I've played.

Simplistic but very aesthetically appealing to me, an interesting mix of links and Northeast US "Golden Age" architecture. Holes 15 is a 300 yard uphill par 4 with a crazy green, and 16 long par 3 where the Long Island Sound, a 200-ish foot tall cliff, comes in to play. Provides a Pebble Beach like feel on the opposite side of the country.

Will try to do a hole a day, and then will take a while to add final touches and everything. Hopefully this interests some of you!

Pictures in order:

I'm a native new yorker myself I've heard of this course never played it tho having only played the course at bethpage state park very nice a little touch of home

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Robert Trent Jones Golf Club (RCR)
Copperhead at Innisbrook Resort (RCR)
Quail Hollow Club  (RCR)
Bethpage Black - Pga 19 (RCR)
RTJ Golf Trail - Ross Bridge (RCR)
Cog Hill #4-Dubsdread (L)  RCR
Medinah CC #3 (L)
Muirfield Village GC (L)

RussWest44

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 04:47:38 PM »

Pictures in order:

I'm a native new yorker myself I've heard of this course never played it tho having only played the course at bethpage state park very nice a little touch of home

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Very fun course, I hope to go back
Wrong hole Kobe

Royce

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 10:58:51 AM »
This looks like my style of course, glad to see you taking on another RCR!
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

RussWest44

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 12:50:48 PM »
Appreciate all the support Royce. Hopefully it can even be a fraction as well done as Oakland hills, I borrowed a lot of how I'm laying the course out from your posts.
Wrong hole Kobe

RussWest44

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 05:51:17 PM »
Well, accidentally deleted this unpublished file. Had 7 holes done I don't think I'm going to redo it. ****
Wrong hole Kobe

space-cash