Author Topic: Green grids option tgc2  (Read 1197 times)

jeffield

• GroupMember
Green grids option tgc2
« on: February 03, 2017, 11:09:39 PM »
I've read some speculation that a dev was against the no green grid option in tgc1.  and there may be the possibility of (no green grds) not being an option in tgc2.  I would just like to say I do really enjoy playing rounds on hardest drive, cameras off and no green grids.  If you're looking for that realism feeling of being on the green having the moving beads grid off makes all the difference.  It feels like I'm using all the putting cameras to interpret the putt as I would actually do on a course.  When the green grids are on I find myself just watching the moving beads and calculating my shot based on that.  And it is usually a definate 2 putt.   Also I do like the idea of the grid/contour overlay without the moving beads.  Those moving beads just give too much away.   My opinion.
Created RCR Courses: 
The Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

ADX321

• GroupMember
Re: Green grids option tgc2
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 11:21:01 PM »
I've read some speculation that a dev was against the no green grid option in tgc1.  and there may be the possibility of (no green grds) not being an option in tgc2.  I would just like to say I do really enjoy playing rounds on hardest drive, cameras off and no green grids.  If you're looking for that realism feeling of being on the green having the moving beads grid off makes all the difference.  It feels like I'm using all the putting cameras to interpret the putt as I would actually do on a course.  When the green grids are on I find myself just watching the moving beads and calculating my shot based on that.  And it is usually a definate 2 putt.   Also I do like the idea of the grid/contour overlay without the moving beads.  Those moving beads just give too much away.   My opinion.

Nobody knew you liked no grids - this changes everything!

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 12:22:28 AM »
I'm definately not great, shot +10 at Potomac this evening but it's fun.  Play with grids on usually with others. Depends on what everyone likes/wants to go with.  2 will be great when we can all pick our own difficulty and play together with different advantages/disadvantages relating to that choice along with choosing the different types of clubs we carry!.   
Created RCR Courses: 

stan_solo

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 08:19:04 AM »
I've read some speculation that a dev was against the no green grid option in tgc1.  and there may be the possibility of (no green grds) not being an option in tgc2.

Firstly  ... where did you read that ?     and secondly  ... why would they do that  ?

The last post I remember on the matter was by HB Paul  ..who said no grids is a 95% certainty in the sequel   [ although 99.9 % would help me sleep more easily ]

So if it's any different  ... I like to hear it

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 09:28:32 AM »
One dev shouldn't be able to have his preference used in any game.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 11:32:20 AM »
One dev shouldn't be able to have his preference used in any game.
He can be if he's the producer :)

They have NEVER said no grids was out for TGC2 and jeffield has posted 500 times about how much he prefers no grids.

But Anthony did say no grids was accidentally left in TGC1

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 07:21:59 PM »
To clarify I didnt say that hb has in any way stated that (no green grids) was off the table for tgc2.  But, that I hope they include it as an option.  And that somewhere I had read that it wasn't planned for tgc1 as adx has reinforced.  As for responding to the usual personal twist from adx that he likes to make when someone has an idea that he personally doesn't approve of i will not comment.  That just derails the intention of the topic discussed.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 04:21:02 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Coda1850

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 12:54:02 PM »
No grids is the best.  They need some overhead view with mapping that you click into.  Same way when checking out the hole from the tee box.  That'd be sweet.
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • TGC2 Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 01:07:50 PM »
Does anyone know if societies will let us set up a group that can disable grid play?
That is probably a dumb question because tourneys allow for the grid to be turned off..

I just think it would be cool to have a no grid society so that way,  if you play a game from within
that society,  grids are a no go...   Not even sure if I'm making sense,  but part of the hassle
with tgc1 in my opinion is having to type and or discuss options with your friend or opponent
after the game has started..   

This is why I always liked lobbies!  pick your parameters and get the game you want without
all the conjecture...
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

space-cash