Untitled English Members Course

• 18 Replies

Icyken

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 12:23:32 PM »
Mine has started crashing just flicking through the courses list now , it's getting beyond a joke .
2K21 , Courses
   Prestwick , Scotland. Tour
   Helensburgh , GC. Tour
   Ayrshire Gailes. Tour
   Rosemount , Scotland
   St Nicholas , Prestwick

CorsairBadger

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 03:39:26 PM »
The crashing isn't normally too bad for me, I get probably one every 30 minutes or so when designing. But if I do the other course I was working on, it's so frequent I'm spending more time looking at the XMB PS4 Home Screen and Load Screens booting the game back up than actually in the designer. I can't realistically design with that going on. My sanity would be heavily tested and my PS4 would become two PS2's quite quickly haha.

It would be cool if we can reload our TGC1 courses into TGC2, to touch up, reimagine and in some cases finish without all these crashes.

A slight update though on the course however. I only have 2 holes left to complete. Holes 15 and 16. Hole 17 needs first cut rough, but will do that when I can be bothered lol. The 15th will be a 260(ish) yard par 4 with a tiny green. So bring your accuracy sticks if you're going for the green on this one after release.  ;)

mnguy12000

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 10:44:02 AM »
The crashing isn't normally too bad for me, I get probably one every 30 minutes or so when designing. But if I do the other course I was working on, it's so frequent I'm spending more time looking at the XMB PS4 Home Screen and Load Screens booting the game back up than actually in the designer. I can't realistically design with that going on. My sanity would be heavily tested and my PS4 would become two PS2's quite quickly haha.

It would be cool if we can reload our TGC1 courses into TGC2, to touch up, reimagine and in some cases finish without all these crashes.

A slight update though on the course however. I only have 2 holes left to complete. Holes 15 and 16. Hole 17 needs first cut rough, but will do that when I can be bothered lol. The 15th will be a 260(ish) yard par 4 with a tiny green. So bring your accuracy sticks if you're going for the green on this one after release.  ;)

You will be able to do this on TGC2.  For the crashing, I found that it seems to happen when you are doing any work that involves sculpting layers.  so wih my current course I have have been laying down the hole, save, sculpt 1 thing, bunker, green tee box, and save.  then save after area sculpt, like fairway, background, hills ect.  that helps to cut down on the crashes.  I'm working in highlands for this my latest and haven't had a crash yet and I am 9 holes in.

For you course, like taste said, a litttle sculting on the bunkers can go a long way.  If you are going for a natural look, Take a raise blue fuzzy oval or round brush and make it bigger then the green, over lap it about half way into the bunker and raise a foot or two.  Go back to the green with a flatten brush, like oval or round, 2nd choice works well and flatten toward the egdes of the fringe.  That should give the bunkers just enough to make them stand out a bit more.
My Courses:
GunFlint Trail GC
Macaw G.C.
Cathedral Pines G.C.
Spruce Harbor G.C.
Evelyn Hills Golf Club
RCR - Chom0nix
Valley Meadows
Breaker's Point GC
WIP RCR Columbia Golf Club, Mpls MN

CorsairBadger

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 10:37:06 PM »
Sorry I haven't put up any updates on the course recently, I have been doing other things and been doing little bits of designing here and there. The course is now finished, and published. Here is the link to the Completed Courses thread where I say more about the course: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=17479.0

Hope you enjoy playing Sapcote Park Golf Club.  :D

space-cash