putts suddenly jumping off putter blade sideways

• 17 Replies

Hugh Jass Koda

• GroupMember
« on: February 12, 2017, 09:42:03 AM »
Anyone notice how putts are suddenly jumping straight off the putter blade completely sideways 4, 5 times per round for about a week now?  It absolutely has started happening and it absolutely is not due to a poor swing either!  It started happening about a week ago and it happens randomly 4 or 5 times every round.  Needs fixed!
My Course:   White Mountains Country Club

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 10:24:01 AM »
Must be on your end as there has been no updates and no other complaints.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:08:56 AM »
Any chance to post video of this happening.  1st time I am hearing about that issue.   I could forward the video to the devs for them to take a look at.

Icyken

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 11:41:33 AM »
Sounds a lot like my putting with everything working perfectly !
COURSES.....

Ayrshire Gailes.
 Ayrshire Gailes.  Tour
 Mink Hollow Golf club
 Hermit of Mink Hollow
 Machrihan Dunes, 2019
 Celtic Isles...CGC.
 Helensburgh Golf club
 The Fruin
 Prestwick, Golf club
 Craigendoran Links

Thrangar

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 12:09:10 PM »
Anyone notice how putts are suddenly jumping straight off the putter blade completely sideways 4, 5 times per round for about a week now?  It absolutely has started happening and it absolutely is not due to a poor swing either!  It started happening about a week ago and it happens randomly 4 or 5 times every round.  Needs fixed!

It has always been a problem, you prolly just are noticing it more because of the courses/greens you have been playing lately .

The more radical/skateboard park like breaks that greens are designed now, makes it more noticeable

Hb wont acknowledge there is a problem, yet many, many are complaining about it over the year/s.

I am willing to admit that maybe its just a game/camera point of view mechanic that is applied in the game, but the bottom line is

As it sits now it takes away from the enjoyment of the putting aspect of the game!
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

Enef56

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 12:11:39 PM »
I've never experienced the problems your describing, have you a sticky game pad

platypus409

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 12:24:26 PM »
HB has added ball squirts to the putting. They will remove it in the next update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 02:02:47 PM »
I've never experienced the problems your describing, have you a sticky game pad

Neither have I and I even made a putting green with all sorts of breaks and don't see this happening.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 06:11:21 PM »

It has always been a problem, you prolly just are noticing it more because of the courses/greens you have been playing lately .

The more radical/skateboard park like breaks that greens are designed now, makes it more noticeable

Hb wont acknowledge there is a problem, yet many, many are complaining about it over the year/s.

I am willing to admit that maybe its just a game/camera point of view mechanic that is applied in the game, but the bottom line is

As it sits now it takes away from the enjoyment of the putting aspect of the game!

Other than the lack of challenge in the swing mechanic, this is the other reason I stopped playing waiting on TGC2.........
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Dawg

• My Bite is worse than my Bark ...
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 07:51:01 PM »
I too have seen it happening a bit more in the last week, or so ... but, I never could putt straight ... or when drinking fireball .... LOL
My Current "Top 3" TGC2019

El Dorado Hills Golf Club
TGC @ Mein-Notchurs C.C. [Tour]
Sonoma Vineyard Golf Sanitarium

Hugh Jass Koda

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 11:38:03 AM »
Any chance to post video of this happening.  1st time I am hearing about that issue.   I could forward the video to the devs for them to take a look at.

Yes, I can.

This happened this morning.  The first part of the video is the shot as I did it.  It's a simple breaking, 4 foot putt.  The result is as if I swung sideways and twice as hard as I did.  You will see the ball blatantly jumps off the putter blade straight right.  The second part of the video shows the exact same shot through in game replay.  You can see EXACTLY why it did what it did.  It's pretty clear what is happening.  It shows the game saw the shot basically "mirrored" and that is the result I was given.  It's in the video.  Also, notice the speed the ball comes off the putter.  It is as if I hit it twice as hard as I really did.  Why it's happening is beyond me.  It has been happening several times per round for about a week and a half.  I can give you more examples of it happening if you want.  Also I am not the only one it has been happening to.  Others I play with have been seeing the same thing recently too.  I appreciate all the input of possible causes but your just going to have to believe me that it is not me being the causing this.  I know everyone says that but it is not me.  I mean, I suck, but I don't suck this bad!

Here is the video:  https://youtu.be/kYYb_VDsan4

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:46:24 AM by Hugh Jass Koda »

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 12:08:11 PM »
Thanks for the video.  Looking at it, the swing path on the right side shows the follow through going well right of center.  The ball is definitely following the swing path shown on the screen.  You are definitely swinging straight?  What do you use controller or mouse?  Has anything changed regarding settings or have you tried another controller if that is what you are using to make sure it's not your controller?

Anything you can think of that may have changed will be helpful for the devs when I send them over the video.

Thanks,
Keith

Hugh Jass Koda

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 12:56:47 PM »
I am definitely swinging straight.  I mean, I no doubt make mistakes because I play with completely default, unaltered axis's so it's nearly impossible not to.  No changes in settings or controller or anything on my end.  I am using a Saitek Rumble Force P2500 controller and have used it for about a year now.  The swing path shows that when this happens.  I mean seriously Keith, it was a simple 4 foot putt.  You seriously can't believe I'm making that mistake randomly 3,4 or 5 times a round and all starting a week ago?  All I can say once again is it is not me.  The speed of the ball does not match the swing of the putter either.  By the way, the course this video took place on is "The Hamptons East (Back Tees)" by DDawg and yes that is "Back" Tees if you want to test it out.

Anyway, I just thought I would point out a definite glitch that's happening.  Sorry to take up your time.

Dawg

• My Bite is worse than my Bark ...
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 01:03:39 PM »
While I cannot vogue for seeing his exact movements, I can say How this has happened more to me on a few occasions, plus we both have seen it happen totally different from what happened in real time and what the "replay" shown.

I was playing "Live" with Koda, when it happened and saw it first hand. It happened to me only a few putts earlier.

We both use different devices.  I was using a mouse ... this was the 3rd or 4th round we had played this evening.

The issue happens totally random.  I cannot swear that our swing movements are not responsible, however, we both have enough hours in game play, that we know when something strangely happens and it wasn't cause by our actions.

The issue has been happening on a more frequent basis as stated above.

This reminds me of the same issue that was going on with the 100% "swing-gate" a while back, and only affected a few TGC members ... the rest seemed lucky enough to been immune. 

But the issue was VERY real to those of us that were experiencing the problem - which I have seen a few times lately as well ... I don't even what to go into that, as it could be a few factors and not out of the realm of "Operator Error" ...

I am not trying to start a firestorm, however .... if a tree falls in a forest and you didn't hear it, did it not make a sound?

We are simply stating what we have observed in the last few days with a greater frequency than before.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:23:28 PM by DDawg »
My Current "Top 3" TGC2019

El Dorado Hills Golf Club
TGC @ Mein-Notchurs C.C. [Tour]
Sonoma Vineyard Golf Sanitarium

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 01:53:50 PM »
That is weird as the first shot your avatar moves to aim left of the hole and the second shot it moves definitively aiming to the right.

I loaded up the game and using three different controllers I shot 216 times on a slightly sloped putting green.

I used a wired mouse, a wireless Tracball mouse and a PS3 controller.

Of those 216 times, I did not have a single putt do what your video showed.

They all went exactly where I was pointing to.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 03:14:41 PM by Dusty Roads »

space-cash