Designing a deep bunker? And adding OB?

• 4 Replies

BusDriver555

• The Nike BOB (Black One Black)
« on: February 22, 2017, 05:10:53 PM »
Hey fellas...  Do you guys have any decent tips for adding deeper bunkers?  Do you add a bunker, then play around with lowering the terrain inside the area?  Or do you do something else that works well?  Many of my bunkers were too shallow on the first course I created and I am trying to improve many things in course #2.

Also, I could swear I saw an option to make an area as OB, but when I went looking for that last night, I just couldn't find it.  I have it staked, but want to mark the area beyond the stakes as OB.  I did a search and saw that it was on an enhancement list a couple years back, but not sure if that was added.  I thought I saw it, but couldn't find it again.

Thanks all...
Creator of:
* Napa Valley Club & Lodge
* The Medalist Club Lake Tahoe

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 05:19:46 PM »
Bunkers:
sculpt them deeper. Flatten seems to work better than raise, IMO, so everything is more even/less extreme.
If you use stock shapes, use the same shape, make it a little smaller so it's only the sand that gets lowered.
All blue brush stuff.

OB:
Can't remember the menus off-hand. But on the right, where there's Create Surfaces and Place Objects, etc, one of them has a bulldozer or something, and in that one is the options for placing OB. It's in an odd spot, IMO. Notice when you place OB, to remove it, you have to hover over it, and there's a button to delete it.
Lots of versions due to refurbishments.
Play the ones exactly how they're listed here:
Tulip Point CC-Queen's Course
Tulip Point-Prince Course
Tulip Point-Royal Forest
Tulip Pt.-King's Course
Tulip Pt.-Royal Meadow
*All courses above have B, C, D versions*

Also,
Timber Trails (RCR)

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 06:00:58 PM »

i will....

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 06:03:52 PM »
as for bunkers,  there are a few ways to do it.

you can sculpt the land around the bunker,   you can sculpt the bunker itself,  you can sculpt both the bunker and the land around it,  you can use flatten, you can use raise/lower.

practice and experience is what you need here, as there are no right ways to do it, do what you feel comfortable with and come up with your own formula.
i will....

BusDriver555

• The Nike BOB (Black One Black)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 12:56:17 PM »
Thanks all.  I would have not located that OB part again.  Like you said, it's in that spot you mentioned that has a Bulldozer on it.  I believe the label on that one is "Remove Objects".  I would not correlate "Remove Objects" with adding "OB".  :o
HB should improve this logic for the TGC2 designer.
Creator of:
* Napa Valley Club & Lodge
* The Medalist Club Lake Tahoe

space-cash