Congrats on the VR Release!

• 9 Replies

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« on: February 27, 2017, 10:49:14 AM »
Don't have a Vive but would consider one for this!  Looks fun.  Hope it's a grand success for the team!
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

platypus409

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 12:04:44 PM »
Don't have a Vive but would consider one for this!  Looks fun.  Hope it's a grand success for the team!
Once the wired Vive hits $500 I'm all in. When the wireless Vive comes out then $800 for that is fine by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crow357

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 12:38:32 PM »
It is fun as hell!  :)

mebby

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 12:59:34 PM »
Agree.  This is an awesome game.  Words cannot convey the experience though. 

I get that the price hurdle is high.  VR is stupidly expensive at the moment.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

stan_solo

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 03:56:53 PM »
Once the wired Vive hits $500 I'm all in. When the wireless Vive comes out then $800 for that is fine by me.
                                       $50                                                                       $80                                                                                                ;)

platypus409

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 06:56:40 PM »
The Oculus Rift bundle just dropped down to $599. I'm sure the Vive will drop soon enough. Just needs to drop $100 more and I'm all in!

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 07:02:45 PM »
I gotta play this sometime.  I'm so scared of VR as I get motion sickness so very easily. ;(

platypus409

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 07:30:07 PM »
I gotta play this sometime.  I'm so scared of VR as I get motion sickness so very easily. ;(
My only worry is comfort and immersion for those who wear glasses. I've heard good and bad things.

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 04:10:47 PM »
My only worry is comfort and immersion for those who wear glasses. I've heard good and bad things.

The Vive has adjustments on it that move the lenses out from your face a bit. It's about 2in and for the most part it allows people to fit it on their face with glasses on. You should definitely try it out if you plan to buy one.

We haven't heard any complaints about TGCVR causing motion sickness. The benefit of golf is you and the ball are the only real moving parts to it. Brighttail, hopefully you get a chance to try it out and it doesn't make you sick.

Stinger22

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 08:30:25 PM »

There are companies now making corrective lens overlays for your specific prescription.  And they clip in and out for multiple users.  My distance vision is still 20/20 at age 64 but I have to have 1.25 - 1.50 reading glasses.  Since the focus of the VRs is in the distance I don't need glasses.

space-cash