Old Romney Golf Links

• 22 Replies

Antiparosjez

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 12:13:00 PM »
Thursday tees now open
2K21 White Rocks Kernow Cliffs Sandyhurst Lakes Trinity North Kernow Gull Rock Kings Wood, West Foreland      19 Domino, Man of Kent, Power Station, Grendel Woods, The Pier, Chart Lakes, Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Kingston

ozrics

• XB1
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 11:37:22 AM »
Hey Anti,

Looking forward to playing this evening and especially plotting some bump and run up n downs (hopefully). We need pot bunkers for TGC2. I'll give you some feedback tomorrow. Thanks for playing Brinton btw

Regards
Oz
Course(s) I have created:

Brinton

ozrics

• XB1
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 12:31:11 PM »
Anti - I play with no lofting/de-lofting, no green grids and no previews, so shooting par is always a challenge - sadly don't do that very often. I'm hoping for somewhere between 2 and 4 over, wish me luck reading those links greens!

Brinton

ozrics

• XB1
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 07:16:58 PM »
Really enjoyed my round, lovely links.

Finished 7 over (5 over on the front and 2 over on the back).  I struggled a bit on the front 9, particularly off the tee as couldn't quite work out where I was going. Bit of elevation on the back 9 tees helped. Greens are really nice with some subtle breaks. I'm new to the game so getting the right distance on the chipping was tough.

Had a nightmare on the 6th green, four putted 😠, went for the 18th in 2 with a 3 iron (trying to bounce on) and stuffed it in the bunker short. Played a miraculous lob wedge to about 3 ft and just missed the birdie big swinging short putt so didn't quite manage any birdies in my round. Its hard to get close to any pins and I did 3 putt quite a few greens, but thats ok - its what I expect on big fast links greens.

I'll be back for more for sure and looking forward to playing the new romney, Good job

Brinton

ozrics

• XB1
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 09:04:49 PM »
Nice addition to Romney, tougher than the old course but imo the narrower fairways improves the feel I think. The raised fairway bunker faces helped driving and a sense of where I was aiming.

I like your planting and good use of the OOB.

9th is a good hole with OOB down the left and well placed planting down the right. Don't go in the fairway bunker I said on the tee....  yep, straight in there. I thought I had a 19ft par putt but it straightened at the end - good sculpting there on the green.

I particularly liked your grass bunkers on the right of the 11th. I'll definately incorporate sone of those on my next course.

Blew up round the turn dropping 9 shots between 8 and 13 including a horrible 7 on the 10th - ouch !
I really need to practice my chipping - shocking!

I managed 3 birdies (5, 14, 18) so happy with that. Finished with an 84, pretty much what I would shoot IRL - I'm an 11 handicapper these days due to lack of play in recent years and losing my touch round the greens.

A solid well thought out links which I recommend. Opportunities to score as you say but plenty of places not to go which I found to my cost !

Brinton

Antiparosjez

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 03:47:12 AM »
Fthanks for giving them a go. They are a bit tricky (especially in the wind) but I like the challenge. Glad you enjoyed yourself
2K21 White Rocks Kernow Cliffs Sandyhurst Lakes Trinity North Kernow Gull Rock Kings Wood, West Foreland      19 Domino, Man of Kent, Power Station, Grendel Woods, The Pier, Chart Lakes, Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Kingston

Icyken

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 07:06:58 AM »
Cracking course love it . Just played the original course , 18th second shot three wood right onto the green into the hole , only problem no flag in the one I go in , two holes one flag still scratching my head cost me a penalty shot ! lucky white heather anyone...
2K21 , Courses
   Craigendoran Links..(new)
   Prestwick , Scotland. Tour
   Helensburgh , GC. Tour
   Ayrshire Gailes. Tour
   Rosemount , Scotland
   St Nicholas , Prestwick

Antiparosjez

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 01:48:03 PM »
Cracking course love it . Just played the original course , 18th second shot three wood right onto the green into the hole , only problem no flag in the one I go in , two holes one flag still scratching my head cost me a penalty shot ! lucky white heather anyone...

Amazing, is that what happens there! I did wonder. Would have been a cracking Albatross if you'd gone in the correct hole! Thanks for playing and glad you like it by the way.

space-cash