Author Topic: Ps4 update live, boost mode has transformed gameplay (for me).  (Read 1123 times)

alegunner68

The game was stuttering horribly since i got the pro, but with the new boost mode it's a lot better.
Edit: still nowhere near perfect though.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:10:22 AM by alegunner68 »

Antiparosjez

Re: Ps4 update live, boost mode has transformed gameplay (for me).
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 12:14:10 PM »
So in your opinion is it worth upgrading from a ps4 to a ps4 pro as I'm considering it?
2 -  Cardington
Kingston Park
Weald Water
Saxon Bay
Gull Rock
Viking Weald
Old Romney New Course
Rye Bay Harbour
1 - Gull Rock Koufinisi Saxon Lakes Old Romney Viking Haven
Monument Sands Scotton Park The New Kings
Angel Sands Golf Links Rye Bay Harbour 2017
Holmere Viking Weald Links at Harry's Rui

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 12:34:36 PM »
So in your opinion is it worth upgrading from a ps4 to a ps4 pro as I'm considering it?

I'm wondering the same thing.

Is the frame rate significantly better than the stock PS4 in TGC1 (potentially TGC2) to justify investing in an upgrade to PS4 Pro?  ???

-MERACE

Gasman

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 03:44:47 PM »

I'm wondering the same thing.

Is the frame rate significantly better than the stock PS4 in TGC1 (potentially TGC2) to justify investing in an upgrade to PS4 Pro?  ???

-MERACE

The Pro is a definite step up for console gaming but the boost mode is not touching TGC gameplay only load times are improved.
Just going to try a few other older games to see how they perform.......

MDgolf.ca

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 09:18:20 PM »
Gameplay is the same.  Still pretty sluggish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 02:04:39 AM »
The Pro is a definite step up for console gaming but the boost mode is not touching TGC gameplay only load times are improved.

Wow.... really surprised and disappointed to read this.  I thought The Golf Club would be a classic candidate for enhanced performance from boost mode.  I was expecting on the order of 15 to 20% frame rate increases.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Gasman

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 03:56:00 AM »

Wow.... really surprised and disappointed to read this.  I thought The Golf Club would be a classic candidate for enhanced performance from boost mode.  I was expecting on the order of 15 to 20% frame rate increases.

It is a bit worrying that TGC & Unity cannot perform well on the Pro especially when compared to other software which is visually amazing & hitting consistent FPS with gameplay.
I am not even sure if TGC2 is going to be specifically optimised for the Pro,if it's not there is little chance of it performing well on both the XONE &  PS4.

Icyken

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 04:55:56 AM »
Won't spend another penny on any SONY products , their not interested in anyone's issues , they only want our Cash , any problems are our fault they say , you must have dropped it , taking a screw out , forgotten to dust it , anything to get out of fixing the Ps4 overpriced piece of junk... ( feel better now )

Colinw

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 04:51:02 PM »
Before boost mode, was running sluggish , especially on back swing
After boost mode, runs great! No more stuttering for me and smooth

Colinw

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 04:51:37 PM »
I can see a vast improvement on other games as well

-ROTTEN-

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 01:21:33 PM »
Won't spend another penny on any SONY products , their not interested in anyone's issues , they only want our Cash , any problems are our fault they say , you must have dropped it , taking a screw out , forgotten to dust it , anything to get out of fixing the Ps4 overpriced piece of junk... ( feel better now )

You really think its sony´s fault that HB studios dont give a damn about optimization? Get a clue bud. Golf Club´s performance is embarrassing and its enough to give you a migraine for a week. I just tried it with boost mode and I think I puked a lil in my mouth. Below 30 fps with mind boggling popins shouldnt be allowed by MS or Sony. If TGC2 is this bad it shouldn´t be allowed for sale.

Colinw

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 02:38:30 PM »
Actually ill take it back, boost mode doesn't improve the game except for load times :(

alegunner68

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 05:08:08 AM »
After more play lobs and chips are definitely better for me now, though no where near perfect. Tree shadows are a lot better too, much less pop-in.  It's still the worst game i have played this gen performance wise, but i like it so much.
Can't wait for TGC2.

space-cash