PGA National (Champion)

• 31 Replies

Rod81simo

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 08:32:05 AM »
It would be interesting as Soft fairways,medium greens for TGC1 so if you hit the green fringe you dont get the concrete bounce,just think it might suit the florida course.
I am yet to test settings as yet apart from setting the greens to max speed for contouring but with the length of the course being not overly long at 7100yds I think that there's a fair chance the setting will be less than medium which will in essence make the course play that little bit longer.

I've sculpted from tee to green 5 holes of the back 9 and I think it's going to turn out really nice. Hopeful that TGC2 will have better variety off Deciduous trees like big juicy Sycamores and the like. Ideally need a mixture of Highlands and Tropical to plant this course properly so hopefully palms can be included in themes other than just tropical
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
Congressional Country Club
Settlers Run Country Club
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club

Rod81simo

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 09:57:22 AM »
Put a few hours into this over weekend and I've pretty much completed the back 9 minus planting, mulching and paths.. Will publish the back 9 test tomorrow afternoon
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club

Rod81simo

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 09:40:22 PM »
So I've just published the back 9, less all planting and paths, give it a play and let me know what you think so far!

'PGA NC B9 test'

Cheers
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club

TeeJay0218

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 03:58:16 PM »
Ill be testing this as soon as I get home from work.. Cheers!
PGA Tour Founder/President
Playstation 4's Premier Sim Society!
Play the way the pros do, green grids and scout cam off.

Royce

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 09:46:21 AM »
Played this one yesterday, just wish I was more familiar with the actual course so I could provide some better feedback other than it looked really flat but I believe that's how it should play.  Holes seemed properly placed and spaced (love a tightly packed RCR), going to be interesting to see the finished product.  Felt the greens were very good, nice natural flowing slopes that roll true.

Interesting that you had the back 9 laid as holes 1-9, meaning you'll have to erase the actual "hole" laid down in order to have proper sequence, I've had minor issues with this as even the smallest sized default green can cause some issues when moving the green waypoint, depending on how you laid your green textures over the default green.  Wish you could completely zero out the green size as you can with the tees, would make moving holes around much easier.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 09:52:20 AM »
You can just reorder the holes royce once your finished in the designer..

Royce

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 10:39:22 AM »
You can just reorder the holes royce once your finished in the designer..

Ah yeah forgot about that, good to know for future designs....I've always started by laying all holes 1-18 and left them in tact.

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Rod81simo

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2017, 10:19:52 PM »
Played this one yesterday, just wish I was more familiar with the actual course so I could provide some better feedback other than it looked really flat but I believe that's how it should play.  Holes seemed properly placed and spaced (love a tightly packed RCR), going to be interesting to see the finished product.  Felt the greens were very good, nice natural flowing slopes that roll true.

Interesting that you had the back 9 laid as holes 1-9, meaning you'll have to erase the actual "hole" laid down in order to have proper sequence, I've had minor issues with this as even the smallest sized default green can cause some issues when moving the green waypoint, depending on how you laid your green textures over the default green.  Wish you could completely zero out the green size as you can with the tees, would make moving holes around much easier.
Thanks for the play and feedback Royce, always welcome the feedback!

Florida is low lying at best but in particular around the Palm Beach Gardens area and south it rarely gets above 12ft above sea level and as a result the courses are all resort based and heavily constructed to give some character to the courses, all the elevations are true to life and with the starting from a flat plot the vistas are flat and feels a lot more noticeable with no planting but it will all come together at the end nicely I feel

And yeah like Yeltz said you can just add holes and reorder the them at any time so I've done that to include the front 9 to become 18. Started with the back 9 as I was eager to get 14 thru 18 done and in particular 15-17 of the Bear Trap!

My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club

Rod81simo

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2017, 10:22:00 PM »
But of an update for you all!

Finished laying down the textures for the Tees, Fairways, Greens and Bunkers of the the front 9 and it's perfect, hope to plot out all the water hazards for he front 9 tonight and then start on the good bits, the sculpting!
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2017, 04:04:32 PM »
These days i only enjoy plotting out the course how the routeing Works on the course,where the course gives you something then takes something back according to the winds.Find the sculpting these days the boring bit...

Rod81simo

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 06:04:40 PM »
These days i only enjoy plotting out the course how the routeing Works on the course,where the course gives you something then takes something back according to the winds.Find the sculpting these days the boring bit...
It's so tedious plotting out the textures, I'd say around 3-4hrs a hole just to do so, the sculpting brings all that hard work to life and that's what I enjoy the most
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club

Royce

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2017, 09:21:41 AM »
It's so tedious plotting out the textures, I'd say around 3-4hrs a hole just to do so, the sculpting brings all that hard work to life and that's what I enjoy the most

For some reason I find it oddly satisfying to measure everything out & llay the textures for the holes, much more so than sculpting the course.  Laying the textures is a 4/10 on the annoyance scale, while sculpting is a 10/10 on annoyance level.

TGC2 Completed Courses:

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Rod81simo

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 09:21:59 AM »
Have published the full 18 hole beta titled 'PGA NC 18h test'

Will stay this way until TGC2 is released and I'll detail the course out with all the paths, trees, ammenities and so forth!

New pins on the back 9 also since the earlier back 9 beta so give the full 18 a play and let me know how you found it

Cheers!!
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club

Oswinner

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2017, 07:39:58 PM »
Played this course on tw14 a couple of times today so thought I'd try it out. The routing looks spot on.
One of my favourite courses to watch in real life and play on tw14 so looking forward to this one. I twitched my round whilst playing with hardest swing and no assists so you can watch it if you want on oswinner86. It's the video that starts with an Oakmont round. Those fairways are tight,
Especially with hardest swing, just like real life. Look forward to playing this with TGC2s new swing.

bigtee

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 12:01:14 PM »
Played the 18 test. It's a nice layout that will benefit from tgc2 editor. Due to how flat it is, and how it plays out, i think it would be an ideal course for people starting tgc2 for the first time and players using no assistance.  I'll be keen to see how the last 4 or 5 holes play out with the toughest swing difficulty.

space-cash