PGA National (Champion)

• 31 Replies

Rod81simo

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2017, 06:17:13 AM »
Played the 18 test. It's a nice layout that will benefit from tgc2 editor. Due to how flat it is, and how it plays out, i think it would be an ideal course for people starting tgc2 for the first time and players using no assistance.  I'll be keen to see how the last 4 or 5 holes play out with the toughest swing difficulty.
Hey BT, it's ported over to TGC 2, well the beta anyways, plays nicely, it's nervy with all the water on Tour swing that's for sure, still some low scoring to be had but it feels good to post a low number on TGC 2s Tour swing
My Courses:
PGA West(Palmer)
Emirates International GC
Growling Frog Golf & CC
Royal Ballylough
Congressional Country Club
Settlers Run Country Club
PGA National (Champion)

bigtee

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2017, 01:46:48 PM »
It does play well on the tgc2 beta. It will be grand when completed. The heavy rough i know you obviously prefer, and it can make approaches difficult. I can't fault that decision, it just feels like missing the fairway can be a bit taxing, due to how the ball dips out of the heavy rough in this game. Only alternative i could think of is heavy rough around par 3's and 4's, and light rough on par 5's. It's a smart course to make for tgc2. Tournament pin positions could be fun.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 01:51:35 PM by bigtee »

space-cash