Author Topic: Preorder TGC2  (Read 3133 times)

bob5453

Re: Preorder TGC2
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 04:11:41 PM »
It would be nice to have someone official clarify this for PC edition as I can order on Amazon at 20% off. Yay MG!
My TGC2 courses
Enchanted Mountain GC
Gilligan's Island Par 3 GC
The Big Valley GC
Roy Rogers Happy Trails GC

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 04:14:25 PM »

The announcement suggests disc pre orders for Xbox one, PS4 with art for each

Webpage lists as well - http://thegolfclub2.maximumgames.com/

So it's pretty clear
Console are discs so far
PC is digital for now per their page

The announcement clearly says that yes, but we have two pieces of evidence to the contrary:

1.) The "PC DVD" logo in the upper left corner of the box that you were able to display in your post at a zoomed level to which it could easily be seen.

2.) Amazon.com is taking pre-orders for the "PC DVD" version of TGC 2.

Shrug...I'd never go off anything other than the publisher.  Amazon, Best Buy and all those other folks are just after your money.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 04:26:41 PM »

The announcement suggests disc pre orders for Xbox one, PS4 with art for each

Webpage lists as well - http://thegolfclub2.maximumgames.com/

So it's pretty clear
Console are discs so far
PC is digital for now per their page

The announcement clearly says that yes, but we have two pieces of evidence to the contrary:

1.) The "PC DVD" logo in the upper left corner of the box that you were able to display in your post at a zoomed level to which it could easily be seen.

2.) Amazon.com is taking pre-orders for the "PC DVD" version of TGC 2.

Shrug...I'd never go off anything other than the publisher.  Amazon, Best Buy and all those other folks are just after your money.

So is the publisher :)
Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 07:20:57 PM »
Not preordering a disk, would be pointless for me as I don't have a disk drive

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 08:17:28 PM »
I'm just speculating here but another game I ordered once came with a DVD and a steam product activation code inside.  There was nothing on the DVD but a copy of steam.  You could choose to load steam, if you didn't already have it on you PC, and then activate the game within steam.  Or, you could just activate the game within the installed version of steam you already had.  Either way, the entire game would be downloaded from steam.  If you had no DVD reader and already had steam installed, then all you would really need from the package is the product activation code.  Since this game might just be small enough (in compressed format) to load on one DVD, using this approach would make the same product package useful to those both with and without DVD readers.  I'm just guessing, though...

Yep that's probably a very good description of what this may be for PC

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 09:24:09 PM »
I'm just speculating here but another game I ordered once came with a DVD and a steam product activation code inside.  There was nothing on the DVD but a copy of steam.  You could choose to load steam, if you didn't already have it on you PC, and then activate the game within steam.  Or, you could just activate the game within the installed version of steam you already had.  Either way, the entire game would be downloaded from steam.  If you had no DVD reader and already had steam installed, then all you would really need from the package is the product activation code.  Since this game might just be small enough (in compressed format) to load on one DVD, using this approach would make the same product package useful to those both with and without DVD readers.  I'm just guessing, though...

I hadn't heard of anything like this, but it sounds plausible.  I sent Maximum Games support an e-mail today to ask them if it was available as a DVD.  I haven't had a reply yet, but I did get an acknowledgement of the receipt of my inquiry. 

I'm doing this as someone who has no interest in buying the DVD version, I'm just asking in behalf of a surprisingly large group of people who are.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 11:18:05 PM »
Okay you physical copy, PC DVD, The Golf Club 2 seekers... lick your chops over this response to my inquiry about its availability, I got from Maximum Games tech support this evening, concerning the PD DVD version of TGC 2:

Max Support, Apr 20, 16:49 PDT:
Hi Mr. Cauthen,

Thank you for your interest in The Golf Club 2! There will indeed be a boxed version of the game on PC. Please follow us on twitter at, twitter.com/maximumgames for updates about The Golf Club 2.

Kind Regards,
MG Support

Now, I'm sure if that amounts to the 'DVD' version that Cmattax described a couple of posts above, that will not be what you hardcore physical copy advocates are seeking.  I'm just reporting on this, so don't kill me if it doesn't turn out like you want.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:46:37 PM by jcauthen04 »
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 11:50:30 PM »
the idea someone in 2017 would go to the expense of producing DVD's is absolutely laughable

HELLO - THE INTERNET HAPPENED

AND TERABYTE FLASH MEM THAT COST AS MUCH AS A PIZZA

lol

sheesh

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 01:58:34 AM »
the idea someone in 2017 would go to the expense of producing DVD's is absolutely laughable

lol

sheesh

I know... it's a real head-scratcher ain't it?  I can't ignore that there's a representively high demand for a DVD version though. I guess the biggest motivating factor I can think of behind it is that those purchasing it are thinking, 'well, if I don't like it, or I get tired of it after a while, I can sell it on the used market and recoup some of my money?
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 08:42:30 AM »

lol

sheesh

I know... it's a real head-scratcher ain't it?  I can't ignore that there's a representively high demand for a DVD version though. I guess the biggest motivating factor I can think of behind it is that those purchasing it are thinking, 'well, if I don't like it, or I get tired of it after a while, I can sell it on the used market and recoup some of my money?

I suppose

If folks are thinking they may need to resell a video game they may not be wise to buy them in the first place :)

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 08:52:42 AM »

lol

sheesh

I don't know how many of us there are, but I am someone who lives in the lower left hand corner of nowhere and is having to get along with a 30 GB cap on a wireless connection.  Even a game as small as TGC2 can use up 30% of my monthly cap in one download.  I have to run into town to the local Wegmans to d/l most games and some games may take several trips.  The upside of living here, though, is that I have a driveway long enough for me to get off several warning shots at the Jehovah's Witness and Southern Baptist preachers before they even get to my front door ;D.

Lol

I can not counter that and it does sound awesome :)

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 08:56:55 AM »
Originaly i asked a simple question to HB and/or Maximum Games.
The only answer recieved up to now translates to: "Sorry, we forgot you PC guys".

Now it seems that noone intends to care about anymore. In contrary the only "offer" seems to be:
"Please by our not yet existing DVD for a prize of +25% and forget about the additional benefits."

Is that it or is there any intention of a noncowardish errorhandling stuck somewhere in the pipeline?
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Leadbelly

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 01:41:18 AM »
Most people I know still have dvd/burners at the very least an external one. How are you suppose rip and burn with your nose, I do hundreds of movies a year for family and friends.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 08:14:28 AM »
Most people I know still have dvd/burners at the very least an external one. How are you suppose rip and burn with your nose, I do hundreds of movies a year for family and friends.

People watch movies using a plastic disc spinning around?

They're supposed to keep them on huge storage arrays and play them by clicking on the file :)

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Leadbelly

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 04:34:45 PM »

People watch movies using a plastic disc spinning around?

They're supposed to keep them on huge storage arrays and play them by clicking on the file :)

I only watch movies on my computer.  But its surprising how many people still dont  have them, or dont want a computer. DVD/Burners are good also for backing up, those priceless treasures like ones favorite Honey Boo Boo episodes.

space-cash