New 36 Hole Course Complex - Argon Forest Hotel & Golf

• 4 Replies

CorsairBadger

« on: April 23, 2017, 04:25:36 PM »
I have been a little disappointed in previous designs I have done where fairway stripes never seem to line up with the fairway's direction when designing courses. Because of this, I challenged myself to building a course that flows, connects and has a layout like a real course, yet keeping all fairway stripes going down the fairway towards the green. It was a bit of a challenge but I have succeeded.

Argon Forest Hotel & Golf will be a 36 hole layout with two courses on the same plot of land. There will be a Championship Course and a Second Course. The Second Course will be shorter, and easier than the Championship Course and the fairway mow pattern will be going across the fairways instead of down them like on the Championship.
The Championship Course has been designed with The Golf Club's short yardage shot hitting in mind, so that is why it falls just short of 7,000 yards. While it is nearing completion, I want to finish the whole 36 hole complex before releasing anything as I want it to feel like a finished complex as a whole.

Enjoy a few pictures of the course, and I shall get back to work. Hopefully releasing this before The Golf Club 2 comes out. :)

An attachment to show that it is a genuine course layout and not spread out to make the idea work.

CorsairBadger

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 04:36:49 PM »
I have released the Championship version of this course, and am currently finishing up the second course.

To find this course, please search for Argon Forest Hotel&Golf: Champ
The second course will be called Argon Forest Hotel&Golf: Alesby and I shall update you all when that is released over the next few days. :D

Please enjoy the course :D

Jivesinator

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 09:47:50 AM »
Looks fantastic, would not have thought someone would commit to doing this in TGC1 because the holes could only run two directions.

The wind might be a drawback as so many holes in the same direction could make this course a bit repetitive in terms of play but I will hold that thought till I have a round out here.

Your courses just keep getting better and better.
Stupid is as stupid does. I does stupid. I is stupid.

Royce

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:10:16 AM »
This looks ace, going to check it out today!
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

CorsairBadger

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 02:59:56 PM »
Both courses have been released, please look in the Completed Section to find details of both courses.  ;D

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=18399.0

space-cash