Will XBox One version have potential for 2160P, for Scorpio?

• 42 Replies

leslie.sangster

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 05:23:33 AM »
C'mon guys, can we see the game perform on each console before we have these long, drawn out doom and gloom posts?

What's to see?
If it's not supported on PS4 Pro there's nothing to see for those of us who are looking for 2160p gaming on consoles

If it's not supported for PS4 pro it's likely not supported for the future Xbox Scorpio

Anyone not looking for 2160p or enhancements above the base PS4/slim or Xbox one s can look at performance but on Xbox one we still have what 720p and maybe 20fps on TGC 1 maybe they bumped to 900p but never reached 30 FPS

I say if your not sure if the games going to give you the performance you want or the resolution leave off buying it for a few weeks until you read what others say. If your not that bothered about resolution that much but just want to play a golf game like I am then buy it. I'm hoping they have cracked 1080p on Xbox with the new engine but if they haven't I'm quite happy playing it as it is.
I'm almost certain if enough people buy the Scorpio or PS4 Pro there would be a patch for it at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 05:48:55 AM by leslie.sangster »

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2017, 07:59:57 AM »
C'mon guys, can we see the game perform on each console before we have these long, drawn out doom and gloom posts?

What's to see?
If it's not supported on PS4 Pro there's nothing to see for those of us who are looking for 2160p gaming on consoles

If it's not supported for PS4 pro it's likely not supported for the future Xbox Scorpio

Anyone not looking for 2160p or enhancements above the base PS4/slim or Xbox one s can look at performance but on Xbox one we still have what 720p and maybe 20fps on TGC 1 maybe they bumped to 900p but never reached 30 FPS

Fine, doom and gloom it is.

You have no idea if any of what you posted above is true.

You have no idea what the game will or won't support yet nor what it looks like or performs like on the standard consoles.

You are pre-judging based on what? Assumptions?

Assume away......
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Gasman

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2017, 01:05:33 PM »
I may of triggered some of this discussion on the lack of Pro/Scorpio support but on reading the PS store TGC2 pre-order page it states 1080p as the highest resolution.
On a closer look even full native or 1440/1800p games have 1080p as there maximum resolution on PS store..........With a bit of luck HB will get some additional support in time for the release date.

If you could only get 1080p on your PC & new it was capable of 2160p you'd probably feel short changed by HB.......agreed?

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2017, 01:12:16 PM »
I may of triggered some of this discussion on the lack of Pro/Scorpio support but on reading the PS store TGC2 pre-order page it states 1080p as the highest resolution.
On a closer look even full native or 1440/1800p games have 1080p as there maximum resolution on PS store..........With a bit of luck HB will get some additional support in time for the release date.

If you could only get 1080p on your PC & new it was capable of 2160p you'd probably feel short changed by HB.......agreed?

Well yes, but that is not the case for PC and as of yet we are not aware of what the consoles will be capable of, but we can surely have these discussions when we DO know what they are capable of instead of speculating with no information on which to base such speculation, agreed?
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

stan_solo

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2017, 01:37:27 PM »
There was a time when 1080p was the holy grail ..now it's talked down like it's white noise

If all 3 formats ran at this resolution,I doubt many would bat an eyelid     .. 4K isn't all that's cracked up to be .. you need really large screens to see the real benefit

8K is only round the corner ... what happens then  ?

Gasman

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2017, 01:39:28 PM »
Agreed Tim........as I said my fault for seeing the PS store info as a definitive answer.

I have seen some decent upgrades on Pro so naturally want the best performance with TGC2.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2017, 02:49:39 PM »
I think 4K looks pretty damn good myself. Movies look awesome and it does upscale games on Xbox S to some extent. TGC does look better and seems to run a little smoother. I can just imagine what the Scorpio could do to TGC2.

I am excited to see what TGC2 looks like though on my set up..

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2017, 11:57:13 PM »

Agreed.  I think some are assuming doom and gloom when you and I are just identifying anything less than 1440p for the PS4 pro right now seems like a disregard to the hardware. 

It's logical to not eat to but less than the best

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2017, 12:05:33 AM »
There was a time when 1080p was the holy grail ..now it's talked down like it's white noise

If all 3 formats ran at this resolution,I doubt many would bat an eyelid     .. 4K isn't all that's cracked up to be .. you need really large screens to see the real benefit

8K is only round the corner ... what happens then  ?

I can honestly talk about my personal observations after upgrading all my equipment from a really nice 1080p 240 tv to a 2nd to the best 4k Lg smart tv the 2nd biggest they sale with the reciever and new speakers and all.

There is a difference on TV, movies and even games upscaled but native 4k games with HDR at the 240 motion and no blur is even obvious to my wife who could care less about 720p. 

When people invest in those levels of upgrades with 7.2 or 9.2 Klipse surround or Dolby atmos setups it's intentional.

You get very selective and only buy 4k hdr with 7.1 or better cause that's the experience you designed the room for.

If it were 2014....shrug but it was believed that the new engine was to allow drastic improvements to the game not limited to features so knowing the original game on PC supported 1440p in the old engine, it would be logical to expect at least that for the higher end console versions.

It's just my standard so not to say anything about other folks decisions for me...it's not doom and gloom it's just below what I'd pay for

stan_solo

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2017, 08:29:40 AM »
Although it would be nice to be on the cutting edge of technology   .... most people have to prioritise and are unable to ride the technological wave

It's an expensive hobby and difficult to maintain in a ever changing world of gadgets  ... what is cool now , is considered obsolete in 6 months time

My set up is basic and would be considered prehistoric by the critical nerd eye  ... but I'm happy with it

Yes I have my eye on a LG 4K OLED HDR   65" TV and would love to have one ... but that is some way down the road and it will always be a luxury not a necessity

Gasman

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2017, 03:05:39 PM »
Although it would be nice to be on the cutting edge of technology   .... most people have to prioritise and are unable to ride the technological wave

It's an expensive hobby and difficult to maintain in a ever changing world of gadgets  ... what is cool now , is considered obsolete in 6 months time

My set up is basic and would be considered prehistoric by the critical nerd eye  ... but I'm happy with it

Yes I have my eye on a LG 4K OLED HDR   65" TV and would love to have one ... but that is some way down the road and it will always be a luxury not a necessity

OLED is very expensive almost double the price of a decent performing edge lit panel,no need to drop a months salary on a new TV.
Whatever you buy will not be obsolete in 6 months probably 6-8 years before you need to update.
PC's on the other hand are very quickly evolving & costly to be at the cutting edge but still get a great deal of options compared to consoles.

stan_solo

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2017, 04:26:42 PM »
OLED is expensive at the moment ... but with Panasonic,Sony,Philips etc joining LG in producing displays .. this wont always be the case

Maybe I was exaggerating with the 6 month lifespan but I was generalising with all gadgety
It's seems like Nvidia/AMD are producing new CPU/GPU every other month

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2017, 09:21:05 PM »

Well I have the 1080p TV for what...6 years so I don't want you to think I'm cutting edge.

This year was just an upgrade year.
I'll prob have the same setup for at least 4 years

space-cash