RCR Yardage and Angle Question

• 4 Replies

scampi00

« on: April 30, 2017, 06:38:03 PM »
I've been working on my first RCR project and I've been having some issues I was hoping some of the tenured RCR makers could help me with.

1.) I'm having trouble making the hole yardage line up with the yardage provided by the course. My 2nd hole measures 565 but once so get everything actually measured the in game yardage ends up being about 60 yards shorter. Is this a common issue?

2.) How do you tackle angled? Both early holes dogleg and I'm not quite sure how to get the angle correct that it angles toward the green?
Latest Courses
The Javelina Grand
Pumpkin Ridge
White Knuckle Beach
The Little John
Grey Raven G.C.
Saxony Golf Club

Royce

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 01:12:04 PM »
I've been working on my first RCR project and I've been having some issues I was hoping some of the tenured RCR makers could help me with.

1.) I'm having trouble making the hole yardage line up with the yardage provided by the course. My 2nd hole measures 565 but once so get everything actually measured the in game yardage ends up being about 60 yards shorter. Is this a common issue?

The yardages are a bit wonky on an RCR as they are dictated by the waypoint placement, you can play with moving the fw point to get as close as possible to real scorecard length, but the only thing you should be concerned about is the actual hole being correct IMO.

2.) How do you tackle angled? Both early holes dogleg and I'm not quite sure how to get the angle correct that it angles toward the green?

I use a method where I draw a straight line from the back of the longest tee through the center of the green, then take right angle measurements along your centerline whatever distance you feel comfortable which produces the accuracy you are striving for.  Below is an example from augusta.

first I locate the exact position for all 18, I found out the hard way on Oakland Hills, but this helps ensure everything fits together properly and you don't box yourself out of room.

example of 13 and 14 with centerline measurements.  The more complex the fw is shaped the more frequent measurements I take to create the proper shape.  14 is more straight forward so I took measurements in longer CL distances and the greens I measure out every 2-3 yards depending on shape complexity.....if that makes any sense

I obtain the measurements from Google Earth Pro, which is your friend and it's free!

example of dual 9th greens at pine valley

Hope this helps and good luck, may the patience be with you lol
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 01:22:41 PM by Royce »
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 03:20:45 PM »
If you are on PC there is the trace method that's quicker with similar results.

ACES-R-WILD_

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 05:49:25 PM »
what course you doing i use blue golf for laying out mine and google earth for the elevation if you have a double waypoint you will never get yardage right unless you move the waypoint when your done with hole out to give the yardage you need to match the number on the scorecard
Robert Trent Jones Golf Club (RCR)
Copperhead at Innisbrook Resort (RCR)
Quail Hollow Club  (RCR)
Bethpage Black - Pga 19 (RCR)
RTJ Golf Trail - Ross Bridge (RCR)
Cog Hill #4-Dubsdread (L)  RCR
Medinah CC #3 (L)
Muirfield Village GC (L)

ACES-R-WILD_

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 05:51:42 PM »
ooh and blue golf gives you the distances and you can get the angle much easier then goggle earth and faster
Robert Trent Jones Golf Club (RCR)
Copperhead at Innisbrook Resort (RCR)
Quail Hollow Club  (RCR)
Bethpage Black - Pga 19 (RCR)
RTJ Golf Trail - Ross Bridge (RCR)
Cog Hill #4-Dubsdread (L)  RCR
Medinah CC #3 (L)
Muirfield Village GC (L)

space-cash