XBox digital pre-order is now live!

• 73 Replies

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2017, 12:40:30 PM »
Forst of all hello to you forum members.

The First "Golf Club" was great to me especially after they fixed the bugs in the editor. The game is great for number 1.

Dont take this question the wrong way but "Why should ! spend 40 bucks on number 2 when you can already import courses FROM number one into number one."

You can post links if you want to answer . I cant cause I seem to be wasting so much time searching for them by myself.

I am most likely going to by it anyway but after owning so many games in my life I need to justify it to Mrs Starbuck :)

Thanks. BTW This is my first post here so please dont eat me alive :)

If you're happy with TGC1 I think the second game further extends what you're enjoying.

Why should you buy it...because unless you're fully content with what exists, nothing new will come after a certain point.

If you play with others or against others, my guess is that "others" will migrate over to TGC2 at some point if not at launch.

You may not be in a position for a pre-order but I would suggest to watch the developers Twitch streams from time to time especially after E3 up to launch and if nothing interests you....don't buy until you feel you need to.

starbuck

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 12:49:36 PM »
Thanks. I AM in a position to pre-order. Thats why I am on pins and needles since.

starbuck

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2017, 12:55:00 PM »
Realized I cant edit posts. That "left scrolling M" distracts me :)

I love playing the courses in 1 because for one thing you can auto generate why makes is really worth it. Every day it feels like a new course.

I love how relaxed you can get, I just wish you can walk from the Tee (one example) to the ball location, even if they cut down the graphics during the "walking" part.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 01:00:29 PM »
I guess thier " marketing plan" did not reach this gentleman.

You could go on YouTube and type in hb tgc2. There is a video of the live stream on there. Supposedly there will be two more.

One of the biggest gameplay difference is the new game has a tempo swing and three types of golf clubs to choose from which tgc1 did not have. On the graphics side it has been said it will be 1080p and at least 30 fps. So it should look much better and run smoother on xb1 xb1 s and eventually kick ass on the Scorpio.

Hope this helps.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

starbuck

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 01:16:03 PM »
Thanks FirstDown, just bought it anyway just for the heck of it

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2017, 01:18:57 PM »

I love playing the courses in 1 because for one thing you can auto generate why makes is really worth it. Every day it feels like a new course.

I love how relaxed you can get, I just wish you can walk from the Tee (one example) to the ball location, even if they cut down the graphics during the "walking" part.

Try using an app called TapTalk if you own a smartphone or tablet.  It makes this forum experience a lot more user friendly.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2017, 01:35:37 PM »

I would love for this to be an OPTION in the game!  8)

-MERACE

HeMan

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2017, 01:59:16 PM »

1. Please don't autogen a new course everyday.

2. I know I have seen a few say they would like this and I understand it is a personal preference, but why on earth would you want to walk to your ball on a video game?

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2017, 02:01:45 PM »

2. I know I have seen a few say they would like this and I understand it is a personal preference, but why on earth would you want to walk to your ball on a video game?

I'd like the option to walk to my ball or drive on a video game.  I think that comes from how I was introduced to golf which was an older uncle who walked and volunteering at PGA majors years back carrying a few bags for Pro-Ams.

stan_solo

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2017, 02:11:12 PM »
Thanks. I AM in a position to pre-order. Thats why I am on pins and needles since.

If you don't like video games ... You'll always have coffee to fall back on

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2017, 02:13:20 PM »

I would love for this to be an OPTION in the game!  8)

Well, you might be in luck, in some game modes in Everybody's Golf on the PS4, after holing out on the green, you can walk, or run from the green to the next tee.  If I understand correctly, there is at least one game mode where your speed in running from the green to the next tee has some bearing on your score and/or your team's score.  It's hard to see how all of this works though, based on the beta videos I saw.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2017, 02:22:32 PM »
I read once a guy lost a lot of weight playing Tiger. He would hit his ball and walk on his tread mill the yardage he need to get to it. So basically he would walk the course. Thought is was a cool idea actually. I guess you could get extreme and put your golf bag on your back as well.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

starbuck

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »
" but why on earth would you want to walk to your ball on a video game? "

To get more into the atmosphere of the game. If I built a course with a high Tee, I would love to walk halfway down and see what the course looks like gradually. I would like to at least "pretend" I am out playing golf from my couch.

After I mow my grass for the week I grab my putter, (which is all I own) and hit the ball around my small backyard for kicks.

Why be so demanding and so negative. It is after all MY game that I paid for.

starbuck

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2017, 02:53:06 PM »
I read once a guy lost a lot of weight playing Tiger. He would hit his ball and walk on his tread mill the yardage he need to get to it. So basically he would walk the course. Thought is was a cool idea actually. I guess you could get extreme and put your golf bag on your back as well.

Oh THERE is the quote button.

Same here if I could fit a treadmill in my living room. Did you ever see those games that actually simulate walking on a multi-directional treadmill ? Too bad holodecks wont be around in my lifetime. I would have to wear those really tall rubber boots to overcome the water hazards :)

starbuck

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2017, 03:06:57 PM »

Now that I found the quote button. Why shouldnt I generate a new course everytime I play ? Its no like I am publishing it and wasting server space.

space-cash