XBox digital pre-order is now live!

• 73 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2017, 09:48:32 PM »
I have both Xbox One and PS4, but I will be purchasing the Xbox One version of TGC2 because of the gamepad. The Xbox One gamepad is much more user friendly in golf games then the PS4 gamepad IMO. Hopefully when Microsoft releases the Scorpio, they don't change the gamepad. If it ain't broke, don't fix it  8)

Amen to that Dave!  As a long fingered, left thumbstick swinger, the left thumbstick on the XBox controllers suits me so much better ergonomically!  I'll probably eventually wind up buying all three versions of TGC 2 as well, but it's the XBox One controller that is the strongest draw for the XB1 version of the game for me!  I got the best results out of my wired, XBox 360 controller during the TGC 2 beta on my PC.  I also tried the XBox One controller with it and it wasn't far behind the XBox 360 controller in performance.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Coggin66

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2017, 07:51:15 PM »
After watching yesterday's Societies stream I'm sort of glad that they screwed up the Aussie XB1 digital preorder price which delayed my purchase. I've gone from "must have pre-order" to "let's wait and see how it all works".

I like the look of the new gameplay but I played TGC1 for the designing and TGCTours. I know I can finish designing my current course in TGC1 and port it over at a later date. At the moment the Tour side seems like a complete unknown so I'm now happy to wait to see how that works in practice via streams,etc.

Well done HB / Max Games. You know how to take a hot lead and cool them off!

Starting to get more excited about Project Cars 2. That's still at least 4 months away and I've seen more content for that than TGC2.
My courses:
TGC2019
Wavebreak Spit GC
Bhavacakra GC, Nepal
Kakadu Wetlands
Mount Panorama Bathurst 18
Kentash Bay
Propellor Island Archipelago
TGC1 only
Dam Treitaget GC
Barco Rio Desert GC
Highlow Island Links Resort

XB1: Coggin66
President of XB Seniors society

HitItLong

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2017, 08:10:07 PM »
Tgctours will be an official society, can publish events simultaneously on all 3 platforms thus with the same wind so will essentially be the same as tgc1.
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

Royce

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2017, 12:25:27 AM »
I have both Xbox One and PS4, but I will be purchasing the Xbox One version of TGC2 because of the gamepad. The Xbox One gamepad is much more user friendly in golf games then the PS4 gamepad IMO. Hopefully when Microsoft releases the Scorpio, they don't change the gamepad. If it ain't broke, don't fix it  8)

Amen to that Dave!  As a long fingered, left thumbstick swinger, the left thumbstick on the XBox controllers suits me so much better ergonomically!  I'll probably eventually wind up buying all three versions of TGC 2 as well, but it's the XBox One controller that is the strongest draw for the XB1 version of the game for me!  I got the best results out of my wired, XBox 360 controller during the TGC 2 beta on my PC.  I also tried the XBox One controller with it and it wasn't far behind the XBox 360 controller in performance.

The PowerA wired controller is bar none the best controller for playing TGC1 on XB IMO, not sure which wired you use but for $30 you simply can't beat the PowerA, produces the most consistently straight swings even after 500 rounds and I rarely if ever get the dreaded 94% swing.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

rangermarkus

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2017, 11:08:15 PM »
i got an email sunday from microsoft saying the download was now available.  i checked.  its not.

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2017, 11:24:49 PM »
i got an email sunday from microsoft saying the download was now available.  i checked.  its not.

Maybe it already installed
I got the same email but the files were already on my HD Friday. Not sure it's everything but definitely something's there and add-on pre order bonus stuff

bigtee

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2017, 05:53:41 AM »
Not sure which copy i'd want. Not getting 100% swings with right analogue on xb1 controller, but left analogue is ok...for now. I think i had similar problems with a ds4 before. It's a pitty there isn't a 3-swing option to fall back on.To me it would be a much better alternative to buying a new controller.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2017, 11:50:50 AM »
I never had issues with the XBOX day one controller for a while. Only thing that happened eventually is it started pulling me left but I think that is because my son beat it up playing Star Wars. So now he has his own when he plays.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

rangermarkus

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2017, 12:27:35 PM »
frstdwn i hope you dont mind if i use that as an excuse when i start playing on line against others.  hahahahahaha

FRSTDWN

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2017, 12:48:05 PM »
Guess I left the door wide open for that!!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2017, 02:45:52 PM »
So is it confirmed that at 12:01 AM our pre-ordered & downloaded game will be unlocked? If so, is that 12:01 Eastern, Pacific, Central, or 12:01 in your specific time zone?

FRSTDWN

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2017, 02:49:45 PM »
Yes it says 12 am EST so the west coast can go at 9. I was thinking of trying to change my clock on the xbox to Pacific time. Think that will work?

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2017, 02:58:51 PM »
Yes it says 12 am EST so the west coast can go at 9. I was thinking of trying to change my clock on the xbox to Pacific time. Think that will work?

I don't think that will work. I imagine it is the universal EST or everyone would do the same thing. That said, no harm in trying! :)

Bobapett

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »

LOL, not sure that would work - but i am on the west coast, and am expecting it to be available at 9pm  ;D
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

space-cash