Watching Microsoft E3 show in anticipation of XBox One X version of TGC 2!

• 77 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: June 11, 2017, 06:31:50 PM »
I'm currently watching the Microsoft E3 briefing featuring the XBox One X, hoping that one of the 42 featured games will be the  "X" version of The Golf Club 2 ;)  Of course I'm being facetious when I say that, but my gosh... what a beast this machine is!  I get cold chills thinking about what The Golf Club 2 could look like in 4K resolution, running at 60 FPS :o :-*
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Gasman

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 06:54:00 PM »
I'm currently watching the Microsoft E3 briefing featuring the XBox One X, hoping that one of the 42 featured games will be the  "X" version of The Golf Club 2 ;)  Of course I'm being facetious when I say that, but my gosh... what a beast this machine is!  I get cold chills thinking about what The Golf Club 2 could look like in 4K resolution, running at 60 FPS :o :-*

Impressive hardware........can't find a 4K stream.   Headscratcher!!!!

FRSTDWN

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 07:48:00 PM »
What a bad name.

They showed a clip of player unknown battleground that looked good. The game is supposed to be a blast. I am hoping BF5 is coming out soon . Be a good fit for the new system.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Gasman

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 07:54:27 PM »
I wasn't blown away but have struggled to get a true 4K stream........Hopefully Microsoft can get some stuff uploaded ASAP.

JerryN220

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 07:59:10 PM »
XBOX Scorpio new data

Release Date:  November 7 2017

Price:  $499.00

Name:  XBOXONEX

The unit will be the smallest XBOX ever

Forza 7 will run in 4K 60 FPS

weasek

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 07:01:11 AM »
I know I was hoping the same that the golf club 2 would come on up stage!!it's not on the list of supported 4k games yet &some old ones on list like fallout 4&witcher 3.lets hope it does get a 4k upgrade

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 09:13:56 AM »
I know I was hoping the same that the golf club 2 would come on up stage!!it's not on the list of supported 4k games yet &some old ones on list like fallout 4&witcher 3.lets hope it does get a 4k upgrade

I read where it took Turn 10 only 2 days to convert Forza 6 into a fully functioning, 4k version on the XBox One X. Of course that's Turn 10 and their vast pool of resources.  From all that I read and heard yesterday though, the XBox One version of The Golf Club 2 which is scheduled to release on June 27th, should be realized the following benefits on the XBox One X, without HBS having to turn a finger:

- Run at a significantly faster frame rate, provided it has an option to unlock vsync
- Exhibit enhanced image quality due to supersampling and higher degrees of anisotropic filtering
- Load faster

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 09:34:07 AM »

Impressive hardware........can't find a 4K stream.   Headscratcher!!!!

???The whole thing is in 4k if you have the hardware.  It's on Beam/Mixer in 4k via the Xbox one s.

That's the easiest way to see it or if you have a smart device with 4k capabilities with the Mixer app.

Hope you get to each the recording.  It was great in 4k

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 09:37:10 AM »

Well here's the thing.

It's not even upgraded for PS4 pro so I think it's time to realize this game is not going to take advantage of either upgraded system.

Sad but a reality after Xbox one x info and the games list.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 09:46:18 AM »

Well here's the thing.

It's not even upgraded for PS4 pro so I think it's time to realize this game is not going to take advantage of either upgraded system.

This paragraph from a Techradar article suggests that the developer doesn't necessarily have to have a 4K upgrade for a game to benefit from the XBox One X:

"Though a 4K enhancement patch won't necessarily be available in every game  – developers will have to enable the experience and many of them might not want to do so – because of the way the way Xbox One X runs, every game, no matter whether it's received a patch or not, will run better on the console."

http://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-one-x-vs-xbox-one-s-vs-xbox-one-should-you-make-the-upgrade
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 09:49:15 AM »

Well here's the thing.

This paragraph from a Techradar article suggests that the developer doesn't necessarily have to have a 4K upgrade for a game to benefit from the XBox One X:

"Though a 4K enhancement patch won't necessarily be available in every game  – developers will have to enable the experience and many of them might not want to do so – because of the way the way Xbox One X runs, every game, no matter whether it's received a patch or not, will run better on the console."

http://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-one-x-vs-xbox-one-s-vs-xbox-one-should-you-make-the-upgrade

Your correct I was sharing this in another thread. My big desire is different modes so let's say ultra settings in 1080p for Xbox one x vs regular.

A bonus would be very high settings with 4k textures but also I know the PC version is 1440p already so honestly I'm good with 144p and IF there were better textures and settings I'd be overjoyed.

(Guess I still need to pre order tho)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 12:54:42 PM »
Just imagine an XBox One X simply running The Golf Club 2 with supersampled antialiasing, extended anisotropic filtering at 1080p and a steady 60 FPS :o  In theory, this could be achieved with the stock version of The Golf Club 2.  The 1440 textures, and hopefully eventually, 2160 textures could come later as a true XBox One X upgrade.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Gasman

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 01:34:05 PM »
The fact that two 4K HDR consoles will exist come November can only push developers in the right direction.

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 01:35:21 PM »
Just imagine an XBox One X simply running The Golf Club 2 with supersampled antialiasing, extended anisotropic filtering at 1080p and a steady 60 FPS :o  In theory, this could be achieved with the stock version of The Golf Club 2.  The 1440 textures, and hopefully eventually, 2160 textures could come later as a true XBox One X upgrade.

I'm imagining.....

FRSTDWN

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 02:43:11 PM »
I am very excited to see how all this plays out and will be a day one purchase if it is what they say it is. I still think the name is horrible LOL. The scorpio was a much better name.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP