Watching Microsoft E3 show in anticipation of XBox One X version of TGC 2!

• 77 Replies

Bobapett

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 05:02:06 PM »
I know I was hoping the same that the golf club 2 would come on up stage!!it's not on the list of supported 4k games yet &some old ones on list like fallout 4&witcher 3.lets hope it does get a 4k upgrade

Well here's the thing.

It's not even upgraded for PS4 pro so I think it's time to realize this game is not going to take advantage of either upgraded system.

Sad but a reality after Xbox one x info and the games list.

I believe in the second stream, the devs responded to a question about Scorpio/X by saying that they were going to look into it down the road.  That gives me hope :-) 
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

Bobapett

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 05:07:57 PM »
Just imagine an XBox One X simply running The Golf Club 2 with supersampled antialiasing, extended anisotropic filtering at 1080p and a steady 60 FPS :o  In theory, this could be achieved with the stock version of The Golf Club 2.  The 1440 textures, and hopefully eventually, 2160 textures could come later as a true XBox One X upgrade.

I don't think the One X can make the frame rate higher than what the game is set to display.  So if HB has it set for 30 fps on Xbox, that's what we'll get on the X.  I could be wrong, but i think I remember seeing that in the Digital Foundry detailed look a few months back. 

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2017, 05:20:31 PM »
So if HB has it set for 30 fps on Xbox, that's what we'll get on the X.  I could be wrong, but i think I remember seeing that in the Digital Foundry detailed look a few months back.

If the XBox One version of The Golf Club 2 is anything like the TGC 1, there will be an option the the Settings/Graphics menu to turn Vsync OFF, which would free the XBox One X from being shackled by such a 30 FPS locked frame rate. 

I tried to find the Digital Foundry piece on it; can you link it?  I'd like to read that.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Bobapett

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2017, 05:35:07 PM »
So if HB has it set for 30 fps on Xbox, that's what we'll get on the X.  I could be wrong, but i think I remember seeing that in the Digital Foundry detailed look a few months back.

If the XBox One version of The Golf Club 2 is anything like the TGC 1, there will be an option the the Settings/Graphics menu to turn Vsync OFF, which would free the XBox One X from being shackled by such a 30 FPS locked frame rate. 

I tried to find the Digital Foundry piece on it; can you link it?  I'd like to read that.

That's right - i have Vsync off for TGC1, the game is unplayable with it on.

Here's the full article:  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-11-xbox-one-x-price-release-date-specs-games-vr-project-scorpio

And here's the video that talks about how the X will help existing games:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DTmWDhSHC4

FRSTDWN

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 06:04:14 PM »
Yea with it on the game is not playable. Even with DOF on it is borderline at best. At least we know we will get 1080 3O fps with tgc2 which is much better than we have now. I will be interested to see what the S is able to do with TGC2 with 4 K on.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2017, 07:01:21 PM »

Here's the full article:  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-11-xbox-one-x-price-release-date-specs-games-vr-project-scorpio

And here's the video that talks about how the X will help existing games:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DTmWDhSHC4

Thanks for posting the links.  Unfortunately, I'm now at work and the Eurogamer article is blocked by my company's server as a "gambling" site.  What does it say or show that leads you to believe it may be locked at 30 FPS?  I'll be able to read the full article when I get home from work in the morning.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 08:10:11 PM »
Any HB employee confirm if the new game will run on the new Xbox One X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobapett

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 08:24:13 PM »

Thanks for posting the links.  Unfortunately, I'm now at work and the Eurogamer article is blocked by my company's server as a "gambling" site.  What does it say or show that leads you to believe it may be locked at 30 FPS?  I'll be able to read the full article when I get home from work in the morning.

Yeah, i'm at work too, lol.  ;) Here's a quote from the article:

"What this means in practice is that games that cannot fully sustain their target frame-rate on Xbox One stand a really good chance of doing so on Scorpio. But to be clear: what we won't see will be 30fps games suddenly running at 60fps. The game itself still sets its frame-rate target, and there are no functions for removing performance limits."

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 08:45:40 PM »

Any Xbox one game will run on Xbox One X......
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 08:48:23 PM »

Any Xbox one game will run on Xbox One X......

Confirmed.

Bobapett

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 08:57:20 PM »
Yea with it on the game is not playable. Even with DOF on it is borderline at best. At least we know we will get 1080 3O fps with tgc2 which is much better than we have now. I will be interested to see what the S is able to do with TGC2 with 4 K on.

Agreed!  Although it won't be native 4k, the upscaling should still give it a nice boost. 

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2017, 09:01:02 PM »

Agreed!  Although it won't be native 4k, the upscaling should still give it a nice boost.

IDK low textures upscaled looks worse as you see it IMO unless there is a blur effect

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 09:06:52 PM »
I don't know if this has been confirmed by HB, but with all this talk about 4K gaming @ 60 frames for TGC2, is TGC2 going to at least run at 1080p at a consistent 30 fps???

Has HB/ TGC gotten beyond 900p on the Xbox side?  LMK

edit> I see the answer above^^
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:10:34 PM by ISAWTHAT »
XBOX GT:  SndFreak64

FRSTDWN

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2017, 09:44:06 PM »

IDK low textures upscaled looks worse as you see it IMO unless there is a blur effect

I have a old Xbox one upstairs with a old 1080p  LG TV. I have a Xbox S with a newer Samsung 4K Tv in my basement. Everything looks better in the basement. No doubt about it. Even my 9 year old son noticed the difference.

Just wish it would be the 27 th already!
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2017, 09:46:01 PM »

I have a old Xbox one upstairs with a old 1080p  LG TV. I have a Xbox S with a newer Samsung 4K Tv in my basement. Everything looks better in the basement. No doubt about it. Even my 9 year old son noticed the difference.

Just wish it would be the 27 th already!

Upscaling good textures yes.

If you were to use the Xbox one x to play TGC1 you would see what I'm saying.

Sharper yes, obvious low textures become more obvious. Textures not resolution

space-cash