Swing stuck at the top

• 5 Replies

Dox

« on: June 15, 2017, 02:21:57 AM »
I know I am probably out of luck but why is the game unplayable all of a sudden? I haven't been playing lately but decided to go in and work in the GNCD. When I went to test out a hole the swing was choppy and then stuck at the top. No amount of pause or just rushing the swing forward will work. Tried it on regular stroke play games and same issue every time.

Been playing this since beta with just under 2000 hours. I saw it patched something but read somewhere else it was for a contest or competition maybe.
Completed courses:
Aspinwall Motor Speedway Golf Course
Foxhurst Valley
Ashford Pines Golf Club
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Members
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116348594

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 02:23:51 AM »
It's your video card.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

Dox

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 12:15:16 PM »
Might be except I am having no problems with other games. Games that have steeper requirements.

Again I wasn't expecting to hear anything except that it's my fault, so no worries.
Completed courses:
Aspinwall Motor Speedway Golf Course
Foxhurst Valley
Ashford Pines Golf Club
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Members
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116348594

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 04:58:46 PM »
well,  there have been no other reports.  Something like this happened to me a few weeks ago,  and it was a two fold issue,   my video card and cpu were clocked at a weird speed,  and also my liquid cooling was going out,  which made my swing do all sorts of weird things.   
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

jaws1948

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 12:21:21 PM »
I just had exactly the same thing happen this morning.  I had tried turning off VSYNC as this was suggested to get better FPS.  My swing stuck at the top even though the ghost balls continued to move.  I just turned VSYNC back on and so far so good.  It hasn't stuck at the top since.

phlyerphanatic31

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 05:02:59 AM »
I just had exactly the same thing happen this morning.  I had tried turning off VSYNC as this was suggested to get better FPS.  My swing stuck at the top even though the ghost balls continued to move.  I just turned VSYNC back on and so far so good.  It hasn't stuck at the top since.

I think this may have just been a coincidence. I've been running VSync off for quite some time and TGC runs smooth as silk with better FPS than I've ever achieved on this game. Almost buries the needle on most courses with pretty high in game settings. Most sites you visit claim VSync is just a FPS bottle neck and should only be used if you are experiencing screen tear or are worried about GPU temps.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:27:08 AM by phlyerphanatic31 »

space-cash