First impressions xbox one TGC2

• 73 Replies

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2017, 06:12:54 AM »
must have been a while ago i can not find him....

watching sloaner on twitch.

Gasman

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2017, 06:14:29 AM »
must have been a while ago i can not find him....

watching sloaner on twitch.

Killing it no doubt!!

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2017, 06:16:32 AM »
he's got the swing worked out perfect/perfect alot of the time,but not scoring that well....not playing the best of courses,the green slopes way more severe in this game i reckon.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 06:21:36 AM by Yeltzman »

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2017, 06:19:33 AM »
I'm broadcasting right now on XBox Live via Mixer, if anyone's interested.  My XBox Live handle is "J Cauthen".  I'm getting my rump roasted by the Goldfinch GC, but loving every minute of it! :-*

Are you still streaming JC.....?

No, I shut down at 4:30 AM, after I fell asleep in midround  :-[ :)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Gasman

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2017, 06:27:13 AM »
I'm broadcasting right now on XBox Live via Mixer, if anyone's interested.  My XBox Live handle is "J Cauthen".  I'm getting my rump roasted by the Goldfinch GC, but loving every minute of it! :-*

Are you still streaming JC.....?

No, I shut down at 4:30 AM, after I fell asleep in midround  :-[ :)

No problem.......I'll was going to get you to run through the camera options,I wanted to know if the putt camera made it to TGC2.(you could lock in your preference & putt from it)

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2017, 11:30:53 AM »
Best golf game to date on any console. Period is my opinion after playing this morning

Jimbo Greens

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2017, 01:00:06 PM »
I really appreciate the comments and questions posed by those with the game already. Awesome input from everyone.

Unrelated Shameless Plug:    I don't have many good courses because it took me a while to hone my craft! But please check out either the Saturday or Sunday versions of Cardigan Cove on TGC1. Lots of time and effort  went into that course. It will be coming to TGC2 at some point. I've received lots of positive feedback from those who have played Cardigan Cove.

Cardigan Cove
Thunder Mountain
Capistrano Island
My other courses need a lot of work, I was a rookie creator in training prior to those 3. Cardigan Cove really stands out...

XB1 User Name - LBJ23MVPJimmy
Cardigan Cove - 4 Stars
Thunder Mountain - 4.5 stars
Peterman's Bog - Unrated (an undiscovered gem if you ask me)
Auburn Hills - 4 stars /  Tour version - 4.5 stars
Gottington Dam - Unrated
Cardigan Cove Par 3 - Unrated

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2017, 02:32:49 PM »
I really appreciate the comments and questions posed by those with the game already. Awesome input from everyone.

Unrelated Shameless Plug:    I don't have many good courses because it took me a while to hone my craft! But please check out either the Saturday or Sunday versions of Cardigan Cove on TGC1. Lots of time and effort  went into that course. It will be coming to TGC2 at some point. I've received lots of positive feedback from those who have played Cardigan Cove.

Cardigan Cove
Thunder Mountain
Capistrano Island
My other courses need a lot of work, I was a rookie creator in training prior to those 3. Cardigan Cove really stands out...

XB1 User Name - LBJ23MVPJimmy

That gamer tag tho.
Lebron and MJ!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimbo Greens

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2017, 02:50:47 PM »
Re: my Gamertag. I came up with it maybe 10 years ago. I changed it recently but had problems with the new gamertag (in TGC only) so I changed it back. 20$ down the drain.

Try that course, Cardigan Cove (sat or sun)... It's a beauty! Unlike any you've seen! Some decisions to be made, occasional tough shots to make, and decent greens.

PS. Westbrook deserved it this year. Or Kawhi. Or Zaza. Or Ed Malloy.
Cardigan Cove - 4 Stars
Gottington Dam - Unrated

FRSTDWN

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2017, 10:38:49 PM »
So I got to play about 3 rounds with no aids tour clubs before I had to go out of town. First round I was hitting it ok but could not figure out how to spin the camera around on the greens to read putts. Had to quit and go to practice range and figured out I had to switch camera angles in settings . First round shot a 83 which not bad considering when I first played tgc no aids I shot a 90 something. The next two rounds I think where around the 80s. I was getting tired being it was around 4 in the am. I like a lot about the game . I need more time to give full opinion though. There are some things I love but there some things that I did not like at all. But I will go into that when I get back into town.

The graphics are much better but there are some wierd things I saw like the trees from a distance looked like they have been burned. Also the lighting was odd at times on my avatar and the ground around me. At times it was too bright or too dark.

As I said I only had about 4 hours in so not enough to really give an opinion.

In a way it looks like I am not missing much though since servers look like they are mess. Overall I have a very positive outlook on this game now and in the future.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Jimbo Greens

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2017, 10:20:20 AM »
I played for a few hours last, mostly in course creator. Some things I noticed:

Connection issues like many others. I played around 9 holes at Pebble Beach by Friend Bomber and probably got disconnected 3-4 times, including a freeze up and crash.

The course creator seems to have ported my favourite course, Cardigan Cove, quite nicely. Looks beautiful!  Great environmental changes, less jaggy edges too. A couple of things I noticed that did not port nicely include some boats that were sideways, through a dock, a blimp that was seemingly hundreds of meters lower - right at sea level I believe - birds did the same thing. In the TGC version I had used the sculpt tool to raise/lower land under water, directly below birds, to get them at an altitude I preferred - their altitudes were all at land/sea level or lower. Tough t locate and delete. Also, when trying to fix this altitude issue for birds, I noticed that there was a new, neat little toggle for just that for the insects, but I couldn't locate / get that working for birds. Might be just me.

Playability: Much harder. The tempo is a just a little bit too punishing if you ask me. I played 18 on default clubs, perfect swings almost every time, but when I played around with player clubs, lots of fast downswings - which I often could not distinguish from my perfect downswings. And a fast downswing will result in a significant hook. Maybe I'll get the hang of it, but I focused on this in the practice area, and still often couldn't distinguish what I was doing differently on fast downswings vs perfect downswings. Maybe tweak this by adding a "little fast" or "slightly fast", with a less punishing result. The difference between the two downswings (fast and perfect) seems too indecipherable, and the results are quite different. Mi****s on flops and chips will be more common as well, especially the former.

I found the close game a little more frustrating, but that's a good thing... I could tell I was starting to get the hang of it, and this makes the gam more challenging, and interesting.

Lively ball: More bouncing on the fairway and rough, and more interesting bounces by far - both lucky and unlucky. I think this is a great yet under-rated change / addition. The ball really has more life like behaviour to it.

Putting: Changed, but not much. Putt like you use to, and adjust from there. Ball speed on putts seems more realistic, and more challenging too, especially as it slows down.

Laggy / Clunky: In places, especially in Course Creator (my course is just over half full on the meter), it was far too slow, far too often. The interface... undecided at this point. Judging a change like that without giving time to adjust is well... I'll pass on judging that for now. Didn't notice much stuttering on fly-bys, but now that I think of it, I skipped a lot of those.

Love the customization but hoping they add some things at the some point. Bigger beards, funny hats, didn't notice the ability to change body type either.

The different club types might give course creators something extra to think about, things like hazard placements, and distance to pin obviously.
Cardigan Cove - 4 Stars
Gottington Dam - Unrated

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »
So I got to play about 3 rounds with no aids tour clubs before I had to go out of town. First round I was hitting it ok but could not figure out how to spin the camera around on the greens to read putts. Had to quit and go to practice range and figured out I had to switch camera angles in settings . First round shot a 83 which not bad considering when I first played tgc no aids I shot a 90 something. The next two rounds I think where around the 80s. I was getting tired being it was around 4 in the am. I like a lot about the game . I need more time to give full opinion though. There are some things I love but there some things that I did not like at all. But I will go into that when I get back into town.

The graphics are much better but there are some wierd things I saw like the trees from a distance looked like they have been burned. Also the lighting was odd at times on my avatar and the ground around me. At times it was too bright or too dark.

As I said I only had about 4 hours in so not enough to really give an opinion.

In a way it looks like I am not missing much though since servers look like they are mess. Overall I have a very positive outlook on this game now and in the future.

Not sure about this, but when Scout Cam is disabled, I don't think you can get the camera behind the pin. I will try this when I get the game installed on PC.

On PC, you hit Scout Cam, then rotate the camera with the non-swing analog stick. With SC off, not sure that is an option.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

FRSTDWN

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2017, 11:28:56 AM »
No I got it to do it Tim with no scout cam. I don't remember what I did though because it was real late and I was tired. I know it had something to do with the camera angles and the y button ...I think.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2017, 11:31:15 AM »
No I got it to do it Tim with no scout cam. I don't remember what I did though because it was real late and I was tired. I know it had something to do with the camera angles and the y button ...I think.

Yep, Y button, then turn camera 180 with the non-swing analog stick....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

space-cash