first thoughts of tgc2

• 10 Replies

gabagoo57

« on: June 27, 2017, 11:23:59 PM »
Waited patiently for this release and downloaded it today.   I will assume there will be many upgrades as time goes on but this is like a completley different game...I was more expecting a better version of the first game....not so.    The swing physics seem completley the opposite of how you play golf.. I am forced to swing like I am in slow motion and if I dare to try and push that joystick a little harder, the ball violently reacts.... I am not sure that is what golf is.  I suppose I will get used to it, but why should I?  At this point I miss my old golf game.

OK now to where the hell are all the older courses?!!!!!    I found 46 pages of courses and they have all been made for this game.... Do they plan on bringing across 150,000 courses? 

Played with a friend tonight and as he shot next to his ball was a pink box that followed the ball...what the hell is that for and how do we get rid of it......

I guess I am a bit frustrated with the new game and I know over the next few weeks I will begin to say..."How could I ever go back to the old version"

over and out

One more thing we noticed and it took 12 holes before I realized what was going on... We were playing different tee boxes and we had different pin positions. Need to know how to set the game so everyone is on the same page
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 11:26:30 PM by gabagoo57 »

snarls200

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 01:04:04 AM »
On the older courses its because the course creator has to import the course into TGC2.

For the pins and tees when you start a round each player can pick from a group of tees and pin locations. There is an option to lock it to specific tees and pin locations.

Anquila1978

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 01:11:25 AM »
I mean this in the nicest way but you really should go though the tutorials and even watch the YouTube streams HB have done.

On the swing, the tempo has been spoken about for the past year and a little time on the forums would have revealed this.

I know you say eventually you will get used to it but complaining like you have is a little ott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C
Belgrave Black at Balmeadie

jayw4862

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 02:34:44 AM »
Not sure where to post this, so I'll post it here.

1. Is there a way to remove the flag before hitting an approach (chip, pitch, etc)?

2. I use a mouse, and the 4-5 little info-type icons in the lower right corner don't do anything when I click on them. The little wheel (cursor) just goes back to the default position in the middle of the screen if I click on any of the icons.

3. Is there a way to see specific distances..ie: tee to front of water, or tee to middle of dogleg, etc?

Thanks

Jay
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 05:37:01 PM by jayw4862 »
JayW

Hugh Jass Koda

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 09:15:29 AM »
I mean this in the nicest way but you really should go though the tutorials and even watch the YouTube streams HB have done.

On the swing, the tempo has been spoken about for the past year and a little time on the forums would have revealed this.

I know you say eventually you will get used to it but complaining like you have is a little ott

gabagoo57 has a right to his opinion just as you do.  These forums are here to do exactly what he did and that is to speak out.  He had an expectation he feels wasn't met and it is beneficial to let the devs know how he feels about what they delivered.
My Course:   White Mountains Country Club

Reemul

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 10:43:32 AM »

gabagoo57 has a right to his opinion just as you do.  These forums are here to do exactly what he did and that is to speak out.  He had an expectation he feels wasn't met and it is beneficial to let the devs know how he feels about what they delivered.

Well not really, he is complaining about something that was clearly known. His expectation was never going to be met. Too many people are bitching because it isn't TGC 1.5. For those that don't want a new version they need to keep playing TGC I mean it's not going anywhere.

Also at least give it more than an hour before complaining you don't like the changes I mean no one expects to get the hang of it that quickly do they?

Of course everyone is free to have their opinions but if those are opinions seem a little off be prepared to have people call you out on them as well.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 10:56:09 AM »

Well stated HB_hughjasskoda

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 11:03:27 AM »

Yes he does, check.

The game is not what he thought it would be, check.

Might want to give the game a bit more than 36 hours.

It IS different than TGC1.

The swing is something that you are not rewarded for jamming the stick back and forth to get a "100% swing" like TGC1.

There is a learning curve to the swing.

Give the swing more than 36 hours......
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

gabagoo57

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 01:32:39 PM »
Yes I was a bit off on my comments after trying out the new game.  I agree 100%...  Now it is tomorrow and I am looking forward to trying it out again.  I don't know if it is my controller or if they really intended the swing to be almost like me trying to throw a ball with my left hand... I can't really explain it but it feels like I am not really trying to hit the ball with anything remotely athletic...more like a controlled little chip onto a green.   I think it would be better somewhere between what they have now and what it used to be. 

So can someone explain how we play the older courses in this version?  There were so many outstanding courses and the ones I have tried so far are...well...not up to the standards I was used to....am I out of line with that comment too?

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »
Yes I was a bit off on my comments after trying out the new game.  I agree 100%...  Now it is tomorrow and I am looking forward to trying it out again.  I don't know if it is my controller or if they really intended the swing to be almost like me trying to throw a ball with my left hand... I can't really explain it but it feels like I am not really trying to hit the ball with anything remotely athletic...more like a controlled little chip onto a green.   I think it would be better somewhere between what they have now and what it used to be. 

So can someone explain how we play the older courses in this version?  There were so many outstanding courses and the ones I have tried so far are...well...not up to the standards I was used to....am I out of line with that comment too?

When you swing, watch your Golfer and try to make it animate like an Ernie Els or Freddie Couples.

The swing is very rhythmic and your takeaway needs to be controlled and your transition to your follow through to impact also needs to be controlled.

The one thing this swing is missing IMO, is an acceleration component for the follow through to impact.

Keep practicing and visualizing the things above and I think you may get the hang of it.

As far as the TGC courses, each designer has to port the old course to the new game.

They do not automatically transfer to TGC2.

Hope this helps.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Anquila1978

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 04:34:19 PM »

I'm glad that the intent from gabagoo57 was not quite as it came across

But it was an ill informed opinion which with  a little research would not have to be re-butted, is the comment meant to go unchallenged?

This is the type of thing that turns others away from the game, it just does not help.

Sadly it is all over the forum at the moment.

I don't buy games with all my expectations to be met, it's not going to happen unless I become insanely rich

I know it easier to fire off a fast post, would be nice if on arrive at the forums do a little reading

Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C
Belgrave Black at Balmeadie

space-cash