Putting

• 13 Replies

gavain2

• classical fanatic
« on: June 30, 2017, 08:06:39 PM »

Driving, Fairway clubs no problems.   but putting is terrible, maybe it's me but the putter doesn't seem very positive, it's hard to tell sometimes on a near the pin, if the putter has moved. the colour seems shiny on the foot and sometimes appears to go over the top of the ball, which then moves inches.

Lighting very good.  Ball mechanics are excellent on and through the fairways and the green    movement is good. Just very hard to judge the movement of the club head.
Haven't heard any birds or anything else, very quiet.
steinbeck

bob5453

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 08:33:20 PM »

Just very hard to judge the movement of the club head.

I changed the color of my putter head to a darker red and I can see better to putt now. I think putting needs good frames per second, I get over 100 fps on my pc and the putting is great. My old pc struggled with TGC and low fps made putting very hard.
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

cajuncapgun

• Proud member of the "Who Dat Nation"
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 01:40:42 AM »
How do you change the color of your putter head?
cajuncapgun

Proud member of the Who Dat Nation"

gavain2

• classical fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 05:39:57 AM »
Yes, how do you change the putter head colour?
steinbeck

gto-baza

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 07:13:28 AM »
go into your options where you can edit player.at the bottom is your golf bag you can edit your clubs from there,club heads/shaft/grip

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 07:35:56 AM »
After changing your color, try changing the angle at which you putt.

On close in putts I always hit my "V" button on the pc keyboard so I am looking down at the player and club to see how far to move it.

gavain2

• classical fanatic
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 12:25:20 PM »
Thank you for all the info. I am using a XBox 360 controler for PC. so is the 'V' suggestion valid ? Thanks anyway.
steinbeck

bob5453

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 12:32:44 PM »
Thank you for all the info. I am using a XBox 360 controler for PC. so is the 'V' suggestion valid ? Thanks anyway.

For different putting views, press the non-shooting stick down.
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
The Big Valley 2019

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 11:11:38 PM »
Thanks bob for helping on that.

Dusty_Van

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 11:26:57 AM »
Sorry for jumping in here but I've also been having a putting issue. Curious to see if anyone else is having this or if I'm delusional. Putts Anywhere from 10ft and out. I always check the putt from all angles (except the ones I don't know about yet). It seems that the green can look perfect, without deviating near the hole, I.e. no slope. I take the putt, straight on track to the cup. Then at the very last moment the ball veers off line and lips out or just plain goes wide. Since I noticed that I've played 4 rounds to look closely. Same issue. What am I doing wrong? Very frustrating.
Tnx,
Dusty
The Age of Brass is ending, we are entering the Age of Irony.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 01:32:14 PM »
Sorry for jumping in here but I've also been having a putting issue. Curious to see if anyone else is having this or if I'm delusional. Putts Anywhere from 10ft and out. I always check the putt from all angles (except the ones I don't know about yet). It seems that the green can look perfect, without deviating near the hole, I.e. no slope. I take the putt, straight on track to the cup. Then at the very last moment the ball veers off line and lips out or just plain goes wide. Since I noticed that I've played 4 rounds to look closely. Same issue. What am I doing wrong? Very frustrating.
Tnx,
Dusty

After you putt and it veers off track, take a look back at the hole from where you are sitting and you may see that in actuality, there was a break that you did not see when first looking at the putt "from all angles".

We have found that this phenomenon occurs when a hole is placed on a slight ridge and the designer did not check the putting angles to make sure this did not happen.

flyterisk was very involved in figuring this one out.

BillTracy

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 01:36:50 PM »
Some good tips in this thread. I changed to the red putter head and use a different view now and it seemed to help.
My Designs:

TGC2
Bill Tracy's Autumn Harbor

TGC1
Six Lakes Country Club
Brentwood Harbor Golf Club

bob5453

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 02:35:21 PM »
Some good tips in this thread. I changed to the red putter head and use a different view now and it seemed to help.

I always press the non shooting stick down once and it zooms in a little and gives me a better putting view, even on TGC1.
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
The Big Valley 2019

Dusty_Van

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 03:16:03 PM »

>We have found that this phenomenon occurs when a hole is placed on a slight ride >and the designer did not check the putting angles to make sure this did not happen.

OMG! Thank You. I've spent hours looking at this and driving myself nuts. Now that I know I can get back to learning how to golf. Oh, I did figure out this happens more on some courses than others. Now I know why.
Thanks a Bunch,
Dusty
The Age of Brass is ending, we are entering the Age of Irony.

space-cash