Swing mechanics are not consistent

• 77 Replies

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 01:29:46 PM »
I think the 3 club sets are close to perfect.

I struggle with the tour set. I'm fine with it though. It makes is more enjoyable to stress over a par 3 surrounded by water.

Sure I won't see my name at the top of a leaderboard. Who cares.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »
^^^^^^ That's how to approach this great game.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 02:56:53 PM »

I struggle with the tour set. I'm fine with it though. It makes is more enjoyable to stress over a par 3 surrounded by water.

Agreed.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Darth Gunner

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2017, 07:38:27 AM »

Agreed.

But isn't it hard to golf on your knees kissing HBs a$$?
Being a fanboy is fine, but I am so burned out on folks trying to shout down people with legit issues.
Maybe we can make separate thread for just people who want to praise everything about this lump of coal we paid to get in our stocking?

Maybe disproportionate response the this specific post, but consider it an aggregate to the dozens of same or very similar post by this and enough other users - frequently not even on the board they play.  Usually it is PC players on Xbone board telling us all to join them in puckering up.

The swing is garbage.  PERIOD. 
I say that not because I cannot get it.  My handicap has been as high as +13, playing tour clubs from day 1.  Though I am currently slumping to +9.2.
I have every achievement in the game, except millionaire.  I have played 191 rounds in this sorry excuse for a next gen release.
I know when I have pulled or pushed a shot.
I know when I was slow or fast on the downswing.
I can make the same swing 3 times in a row in this game, and get perfect slow, perfect fast, and perfect perfect from the 3 identical swings.
The origin of this specific thread was that the swing mechanics are inconsistent.  The above is the definition of inconsistent.

Everyone is entitled to their won opinion, and I am in favor of a healthy discourse.
I am also a gamer with over 134,000 gamerscore.
I know a lemon when I am playing it.

You know, my ban won't even bother me.  I wasn't coming back either way.
Not a hater - not a fan boy - just tired of paying for betas

TRC GeorgiaDawg

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2017, 08:09:57 AM »

Agreed.

But isn't it hard to golf on your knees kissing HBs a$$?
Being a fanboy is fine, but I am so burned out on folks trying to shout down people with legit issues.
Maybe we can make separate thread for just people who want to praise everything about this lump of coal we paid to get in our stocking?

Maybe disproportionate response the this specific post, but consider it an aggregate to the dozens of same or very similar post by this and enough other users - frequently not even on the board they play.  Usually it is PC players on Xbone board telling us all to join them in puckering up.

The swing is garbage.  PERIOD. 
I say that not because I cannot get it.  My handicap has been as high as +13, playing tour clubs from day 1.  Though I am currently slumping to +9.2.
I have every achievement in the game, except millionaire.  I have played 191 rounds in this sorry excuse for a next gen release.
I know when I have pulled or pushed a shot.
I know when I was slow or fast on the downswing.
I can make the same swing 3 times in a row in this game, and get perfect slow, perfect fast, and perfect perfect from the 3 identical swings.
The origin of this specific thread was that the swing mechanics are inconsistent.  The above is the definition of inconsistent.

Everyone is entitled to their won opinion, and I am in favor of a healthy discourse.
I am also a gamer with over 134,000 gamerscore.
I know a lemon when I am playing it.

You know, my ban won't even bother me.  I wasn't coming back either way.

It's the unfortunate nature of just about any gaming forum you'll ever visit. I was warned this place was like that. But wanted to get my opinion out there in a place where HB might see it. Not that I expect them to react. But they would be wise if they did. The inconsistent and exaggerated swing may Please a few around here that have unrealistic scoring expectations.  But in the larger pool, it's a giant problem.  And in the end all they've done is create giant imbalance where controller makes all the difference. A shame really. Tons of potential and with no competition they had a chance to secure the market. Unfortunately that's been squandered.

And I had a good laugh at the guy suggesting golf games weren't for me. Good stuff. 

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2017, 09:13:36 AM »
To the last two posters, you seem to be in the minority when it comes to the swing.

One of you uses Tour clubs and is pissed because they can't hit them straight consistently, well not going there as there is already a ton of posts about Tour clubs.

The other has had 2 posts in 2 1/2 years and decides today is the day he joins in and belittles others trying to help.

Yeah maybe video golf isn't for you if you aren't willing to try the lesser clubs.

Now if you did try the lesser clubs and still suck at it...well as I said...tons of other games out there, maybe Minecraft will work for ya.

You want a laugh...explain this to us:

But wanted to get my opinion out there in a place where HB might see it. Not that I expect them to react. But they would be wise if they did.

I take that as a veiled threat, what you going to do, go to their studios and hit golf balls at their windows.

HBS isn't losing money, you bought the game with expectations out of the box that you could use the best clubs and be the next Tiger Woods of TGC2....not happening for ya, is it?

xboxgolfer

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2017, 07:35:28 AM »
I'm looking at some posters talking about tempo of the swing..
GOLF CLUB 2 DOES NOT WORK cause HB tried to make it better and F....D it up...
Idont have any problem whatsoever playing Golf Club 1...on XBOX...its smuth and PERFECT....BEST GAME EVER MADE...

Mayfield 53

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »
i agree just enjoy it ,  no way of trying to compete with -20 under every round .

THERAYaka

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2017, 02:31:06 AM »
I play on Xbox One as well, the only putting problem I have is that sometimes the putt will all of a sudden shoot to the right accompanied by the screen shifting to the right as well. I haven't had any problems with chipping or flop shots and actually prefer the ball physics in this game when compared to TGC1.
Now about that swing...I've been playing tour clubs exclusively since getting the game on Day 1 and initially the shots went everywhere. Today I played about 3 rounds and it was UNCANNY...it's like my character leveled up...I shot each of these 3 rounds at -5 or better and I honestly couldn't tell you what I did differently than before. I'm actually scared to play tomorrow because the inconsistent swing might come back. Just stick with it and good luck.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

gcwbosox

• xbone gt - lordcracka
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2017, 03:38:36 AM »
Match your backswing with your forward swing.  4 things need to line up.  Back, through, path, tempo. 
Xbox one

lordcracka

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2017, 09:05:50 AM »
Match your backswing with your forward swing.  4 things need to line up.  Back, through, path, tempo.

Lots of us keep saying this and all we keep hearing is the game is broken.

Just don't understand how the majority play just fine with a few bumps (what they want not broken game) and there are some who have broken games.

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2017, 10:20:21 AM »
My major problem is approach shots roughly 7/10 come up short...i feel like i am hitting 100% but it seems i am not..on the range is fine..divot & karma gave me a good pointer but it still happens...drives are great just this.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2017, 10:39:49 AM »
Not sure if there is 100% built in.

I know a partial shot isn't 100% but if we hit the top of our backswing and all is perfect perfect straight, is that not 100%?

By not built in, I mean, holding your backswing results in a slow result, therefore a shorter shot (for most people), yet I hit 100% of my backswing.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2017, 10:44:28 AM »
There are still two major problems with the swing:
  • The movement of the player is still not connected to the movement of the controll. It is hopelessly out of synch.
  • There is a full length of movement for the backswing required, but the downswing has to be stopped before even reaching the point of origin (ball)
This has gone even further away from any golf feeling, than it was in TGC 1. Neither timing, nor tempo and length of the movements do feel anything like golfish. What it is currently feels like: Throw the club back and don't dare to touch the ball. If the swing mechanics was off in TGC1, this has gone to the other end of the galaxy.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:37:41 AM by UrsusArctos »
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2017, 11:15:47 AM »
Not sure if there is 100% built in.

I know a partial shot isn't 100% but if we hit the top of our backswing and all is perfect perfect straight, is that not 100%?

By not built in, I mean, holding your backswing results in a slow result, therefore a shorter shot (for most people), yet I hit 100% of my backswing.
OK what i mean is i have 140 yds to pin,slight wind against 3mph..145 club should be perfect but it only goes 128 & i feel i am hitting a full shot...it happens a lot..i am using player clubs on xbox1...on the range i have no problems clubs go the distance i would expect according to wind..i dont want to birdie every hole..i must be doing something wrong but it doesn't feel like i am..its just very frustrating...i have spent hours on the range but it just does not seem the same on course.

space-cash