Designer Hall of Fame - with a companion website & forum

• 102 Replies

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 07:29:07 PM »
I'll toss CSU's name in the hat, let's wait for him to get it rolling again as I've seen a wip thread go up already.

i will....

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 07:34:03 PM »
I know the winds won't be the same but we could always have sister societies on PS4 and XBOX that mirror this event.

That would be cool. I know the wind issue is bothersome for some (rightfully so),  but this is more about admiring the work of others than a hardcore competition so people should be too concerned about what other people are scoring (what can I say, I'm a bit of a dreamer).

scampi00

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 07:46:07 PM »
I know the winds won't be the same but we could always have sister societies on PS4 and XBOX that mirror this event.

That would be cool. I know the wind issue is bothersome for some (rightfully so),  but this is more about admiring the work of others than a hardcore competition so people should be too concerned about what other people are scoring (what can I say, I'm a bit of a dreamer).

My thoughts exactly. I think the community would be okay with it and understand the gist.
Latest Courses
The Javelina Grand
Pumpkin Ridge
White Knuckle Beach
The Little John
Grey Raven G.C.
Saxony Golf Club

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 08:53:05 PM »
Slow night at work, so I'm sorry for all the posts, but I wanted lay out my suggestion for the voting process and get some feedback:

VOTING:

Any inducted member (founding or elected) can PM me the forum name of a designer they feel worthy of the great hall at any time.  Really only need the forum name but feel free to add any other info you feel pertinent. 1-3 names at a time should be manageable. I'll keep a list and once I get a handful of candidates, I'll pause the submission process and submit the list individually to each existing member for a yes or no vote.  I'll list the forum name and a list of some of their courses and you can just reply with the names you feel should be elected. 

As I mentioned before, if a candidate is not approved, they may be submitted again at any time.

Should be a simple process but let me know if you have any better suggestions.  I'll be relaxed about timing, not rush, no stress. But, if I'm running out of designers to feature or if I'm not getting some responses I may push things along.

Expecting to stick with the "4 out of 5 to get in" rule for the first round at least. After we have some more members inducted we can figure it out from there.

CRITERIA:

So who gets in?  That's the big question.  I'll leave this to existing members to decide, but we are looking for the cream of the crop here.  If somebody hits the elusive "more by designer" button after a round they should find more gems to play. That means some of our currently inactive members may take a bit longer to show up on on the list than some may expect. Is one great course enough to get inducted into the hall of fame?  Better be a great course!  Is there course list filled with a bunch of joke courses? Are beta course properly identified?  All things to consider perhaps.

We definitely have enough suitable candidates to fill a giant hall but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

RESULTS:

Voting results will NOT be made public under any circumstance within my control. My plan is to share the results only with the founding members just so everybody knows this is on the up and up.  I'm open to discuss expanding this to include all members of the hall for full clarity, but worry it may be hard to control leaks and butt hurting will ensue.  Sure, everybody in the society will know who is in, all hall members will know who was voted on, but only the founding members will have the actual voting results. 

Once the results are in, an announcement will be made on this thread and the OP will be updated with a shot bio. I will keep the tourney schedule pretty open so any new inductees can be slotted into the rotation quickly.

I got interrupted about 17 times while typing this. Hopeful it all make sense and I'm not forgetting anything.  These are just my thoughts on the matter and would love to hear any of your input so I can make the best decision on how to keep this fair and civil.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 08:55:42 PM by Scarpacci »

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 09:39:15 PM »
It would be cool if you got tgct to have a hall of fame section they could even expand their HoF to include players

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 09:51:07 PM »
To me Biggins would be a automatic entry into any TGC HOF,a few newer people here might have forgot about him but to me he was one of the first people to really show of what the TGC1 designer could do.

Again im sure 50 different people might answer 50 different ways.

Dawg

• My Byte is worse than my Bark ...
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 09:59:30 PM »
To me Biggins would be a automatic entry into any TGC HOF,a few newer people here might have forgot about him but to me he was one of the first people to really show of what the TGC1 designer could do.

Again im sure 50 different people might answer 50 different ways.
I second the nomination of Biggins. Maybe should be in the First top 5.

But, you have a tough road ahead of you.
My most recent course

Humboldt Red Skunk Acres

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2017, 10:10:51 PM »
Biggins was my favorite designer in TGC1 but I'm not sure he's release anything in TGC2 yet unless i missed something.  Expect he will be an easy vote in once he gets back in the saddle.

scampi00

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 10:22:37 PM »
Biggins was my favorite designer in TGC1 but I'm not sure he's release anything in TGC2 yet unless i missed something.  Expect he will be an easy vote in once he gets back in the saddle.

He posted a teaser the other day on the tgct forums and it was very promising. He'll bring something special for sure.
Latest Courses
The Javelina Grand
Pumpkin Ridge
White Knuckle Beach
The Little John
Grey Raven G.C.
Saxony Golf Club

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2017, 10:43:40 PM »
where was that? I just searched his posts and the last one it shows was from october over there.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

scampi00

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2017, 10:46:54 PM »
where was that? I just searched his posts and the last one it shows was from october over there.
I may have the wrong guy.

http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/11504/hello-again
Latest Courses
The Javelina Grand
Pumpkin Ridge
White Knuckle Beach
The Little John
Grey Raven G.C.
Saxony Golf Club

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2017, 11:24:43 PM »
I may have the wrong guy.

http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/11504/hello-again

Yup, thas CSU. Another lock IMO once he gets something released.

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2017, 11:39:03 PM »
But, you have a tough road ahead of you.

Your're doing a nice job running your society. I'm following along trying to learn how to emulate the success but any tips would be appreciated.  Taste has a good one going too. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Little unsure on entry fees, purse percentages, etc. Might be a bumpy start but I enjoy this type of stuff more than playing the game sometimes.

platypus409

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2017, 11:49:27 PM »
Paid my dues and completed the first round. Look forward to playing many great courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2017, 11:53:18 PM »
Paid my dues and completed the first round. Look forward to playing many great courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! 

I'll Twitch stream my rounds later. I pull in at least 2-3 viewers over and 8 hour stretch so maybe one of them will join up too!

space-cash