Designer Hall of Fame - with a companion website & forum

• 102 Replies

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2017, 02:18:16 AM »
Ok, bios updated in the original post. I'm now heard from all founding inductees and everybody is on board.

We should have nominees rolling in soon and hopefully get the first round of votes underway so we can start filling in the blanks.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2017, 03:10:47 AM »
 CSU and Biggins! Don't forget Dr. Yeti!

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2017, 06:03:52 AM »
CSU and Biggins! Don't forget Dr. Yeti!

All locks IMHO opinion, just need at least 1 course in the dtatabase. 

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2017, 06:16:52 AM »
It would be cool if you got tgct to have a hall of fame section they could even expand their HoF to include players

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just to piggy back on this idea, if somebody were to create a private, invite only hall of fame for the elite players players, or something like that, it would be great to include them in the voting process. I think a players perspective would add a lot of variety. Even just a small select group of player judges would do the trick (probably a better option). I'm sure there is a good amount of people out there with vast knowledge of course design that just aren't able to utilize the complicated design tools to complete their vision.  Unfortunately to keep this manageable I would have to limit the amount of voters. Not trying to make this some sort of elitist club, I just only have so much time on my hands and worry about losing control of the situation.

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2017, 06:32:32 AM »
Excellent turn out for day 1 I think. The member list is growing and the leader board for the first tournament is starting to populate. Was able to upgrade the society to level 3 and bump up the event limit.   Still trying to soak this all in but studying up on the habits of other successful societies to try to learn the best way to manage the schedule, purses, etc. Any feedback along the way would be greatly appreciated.

The conditions are tricky at Turu Wero this week and so far only a couple folks have been able to barely break par. Plenty of time left and I expect the leader board will look much different by the end of the week.

I streamed my first round this evening but viewership was non existent since I got such a late start. Anybody that did show up quickly left when I spent over an hour critiquing other players outfits. As a heads up, there is definitely going to be a best and worst dressed award at the end of each season so keep that in mind when you decide to enter the clubhouse.

The original post will continue to update until I come up with a better solution. I've also copied that over to the TGCTour forum:
 http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/11553/designer-hall-fame-society-pc

This should hopefully attract a lot more players. I'll try to keep both up to date but will likely post the majority of updates here.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 06:41:14 AM by Scarpacci »

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2017, 07:45:30 AM »
hey scarp,

its all trial and error pretty much for me.  leveling up is such a pain, not even sure why its there.  clubhouses should be awarded based on member size, and there should be no "levels", just let society director adjust purse sizes and buy-ins as well as length of seasons and such,  but .....we got this leveling thing that we must put into the equation....such a pity.

anyhoot,  as for building through the levels, i can only suggest reaching out the the members and asking them how they can help.  currently today im running a coin drive, 1 day event, 4k entry fee, no purse.  i was going to be ok if it was just me that dumped coin into it, so far i got 2 others as well, thats a good easy 12k,....but to reach level 10, we will need somewhere near 100k or more lol.   pick a weekday, 1 day event with no or a low purse, but high buy in and see if it takes. 

after maxing out, things will be much easier,  100% purses, no donations needed, and membership fees can drop to free.
i will....

SAM

• GroupMember
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2017, 08:37:50 AM »
Wow!!!
Some work gone into this venture Scarp - planning & execution (not to mention follow up).
I've been saving 1 of my 5 society slots for something like this & you get the nod mate.
Wishing you & the founder members the very best of luck going forward.
SAM.   

"Long you live and high you fly,
but only if you ride the tide,
balanced on the biggest wave,
you race toward an early grave."

drlowdon

• GroupMember
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2017, 08:41:46 AM »
A very cool idea Scarp

Thanks ADX!  Hopefully the amount of time I put into that post will prove my commitment, lol. Who knows how it will all play out, but I thought it was worth a try.

Just checked and already have 2 members so it's pretty much a hit.  ;D

3 members.  ;)

I'd love to see some courses from some of my other favorite designers (no particular order, more to follow):

-Wendy 445
-DDawg
-FriendBOMBER
-Yeltzman
-Royce
-Han
-ACES-R-WILD
-guitardude_324
-Colinmafia
-RussWest44
-RAMJET36
-ADX321
-Antiparosjez
-mnguy12000
-mikemike3000
-bigcat023
-drlowdon
-kckfire
-drivert
-KeithC
-scampi00
-Williamhotel
-set my path
-coruler2
-Rod81simoh
-Rjwils30
-bradleystuart
-Staypuft39
-Dox
-StormGolf73
-jeffield
-RockManDan
-rennsport27
-Enef56
-

-MERACE

Thanks for the mention  :)

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2017, 12:20:20 PM »
Wow!!!
Some work gone into this venture Scarp - planning & execution (not to mention follow up).
I've been saving 1 of my 5 society slots for something like this & you get the nod mate.
Wishing you & the founder members the very best of luck going forward.
SAM.

Thanks SAM!  Yeah, I'm really into this, lol. Planning and execution have been a bit scattered at first, but I'm starting to put thoughts together and have a few ideas that could make this more attractive to players.  I really believe in the idea even though I know it will be impossible to actually achieve my vision. Kind of like when TGC1 came out and I felt about the designer. Then I saw how difficult it was to to actually get a course noticed in the gigantic pool that gets created.

Appreciate you taking up one of your slots for the cause. I'm having a hard time understanding the 5 society limit but I'm sure there is a reason. Hopefully that gets expanded by HB at some point.

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2017, 12:49:53 PM »
hey scarp,

its all trial and error pretty much for me.  leveling up is such a pain, not even sure why its there.  clubhouses should be awarded based on member size, and there should be no "levels", just let society director adjust purse sizes and buy-ins as well as length of seasons and such,  but .....we got this leveling thing that we must put into the equation....such a pity.

anyhoot,  as for building through the levels, i can only suggest reaching out the the members and asking them how they can help.  currently today im running a coin drive, 1 day event, 4k entry fee, no purse.  i was going to be ok if it was just me that dumped coin into it, so far i got 2 others as well, thats a good easy 12k,....but to reach level 10, we will need somewhere near 100k or more lol.   pick a weekday, 1 day event with no or a low purse, but high buy in and see if it takes. 

after maxing out, things will be much easier,  100% purses, no donations needed, and membership fees can drop to free.

Yeah, I've been poking around the Hershey Club a lot. I saw that fundraiser event and thought it was a great idea. I wish I had the extra bank to contribute but I haven't really earned much yet.  Never even thought about setting up a 1 day event  where I could dump my own cash into the club though, brilliant.

The way I see it, not very many people will care too much about the facilities since, as far as I can tell, it's just a background image with no real interactions.  Maybe that changes as you upgrade?

More people will be interested in the frequency of events, number of members and most importantly getting paid.  Low buy-ins, high percentage payouts, bonus money, etc.  Like you said, it's just a matter of getting leveled up enough to be able to afford that and finding the best path to get there.

Since this is mostly a design appreciation society finding the right balance to satisfy the casual fan is the main goal. If we get enough folks involved, eventually I'm thinking it would be a good idea to run a set weekly schedule like so:

MON: Fundraiser / Charity 1 day event with most of the cash going into the club

TUE-WED: Mini events (Par 3 courses, 9 hole courses or easier 18 holers)  1 round over 2 days with a low buy-in all going to the purse.

THU-SUN: Main Event with a decent buy-in and purse

The whole week would feature the same designers work if at all possible.  LONG way to go to get anywhere near that, but I think something along those lines could keep people interested.

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2017, 01:54:30 PM »
yup,  i think our members will be more generous with their coin than we think,  a weekly 1 day coin drive type event  should work and i think the players will be fine with it for the most part.
i will....

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2017, 03:47:43 PM »
Setting up a blog now that should help organize things better. Coming together pretty quickly.  Using a free(ish) service so may be limited with features but should be a nice little addition to the Society. Most of the chatter will happen here still. By chatter, I mean just me posting progress reports that probably annoy the heck out of everybody, lol.

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »
Mrooola coming in hot!  No spoilers, but we now have some separation atop the leaderboard.

platypus409

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2017, 06:25:11 PM »
Too much separation :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2017, 06:34:37 PM »
The website is coming along nice, I'm pretty excited about it ad can't wait to get it public.  Hopefully sometime tonight before the fireworks start up. 

If nothing else, I've proven beyond any doubt that I am the biggest loser currently online.

space-cash