controller

• 136 Replies

smifffers

« on: July 04, 2017, 08:46:47 AM »
so for two days now my controller seems to squirt the ball everywhere and can't hit a perfect shot for love nor money either slow backswing or fast forward . Now don't tell me its me doing this i have been playing a long time and know my swing is not changing . It was fine at the start no problem so something has changed and don't insult my intelligence and tell me it's me !!!!

Hugh Jass Koda

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 09:36:50 AM »
100% agree!  I have gotten the same thing going on and so do my friends.  On day one of the release I couldn't hardly make a bad shot.  Now suddenly my tempo is all over the board and no matter what I do to correct it I can't!  I'm sure I'll be told it's me but that's not the case.  This began happening after the second leg of the game releases, June 30th.  I suspect server overload/stress causing data loss or something.  Who knows.  But what I do know for certain is it isn't anything I have done and I didn't suddenly develope amnesia and forget how to swing straight either.  At the same time as this starting we started seeing different shot results then what actually happened.  (e.g. player made the put but you see it missed)  Ball squirts started happening! (e.g. ball jumps suddenly off the club head straight right or left as if I pushed the stick forward on a 45 degree angle and with twice as much power)   Strange **** started happening like DDAWG had no flag stick or hole to putt into!  Johneric and I watched as DDAWG putted again and again while on his screen he didn't have a hole on his green.  Plus a lot of other completely strange glitches all started happening at the same time.

How about a little info around this HB?
My Course:   White Mountains Country Club

phlyerphanatic31

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 02:09:52 AM »
This may sound totally off the wall...but I've noticed when I play the game say around 8am EST I can't make a mistake..everything is spot on and enjoyable. Then..I come back to the game around 3pm EST and I can't hit the ball straight no matter what I try..even if I drop to STANDARD clubs. Something funky is definitely going on

mebby

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 02:44:19 PM »
Do you have this issue when you're on the driving range?

I'm just wondering if maybe it's FPS related or something?
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

Seamount4Life

• golf-beta
  • www.raincitygamers.com
    • Rain City Gamers
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 06:51:55 PM »
I am on PC and use the Xbone S Controller to play. (Player / Tour Clubs)

My swing is very sporadic as well. I'll play like 3 or 4 holes with mostly straight swings, then I'll play 3 hole where I can't keep it in the red cone. While I am not perfect and I understand the Swing is tougher than TGC1, it's odd that it can be so hit and miss within the same round. Many times I miss way out side of the red cone, then look down at my controller to find that I am not that far off center. Sucking is one thing, but feel like I am getting over penalized based on my feel, and what the controller tells me. Makes me wonder if there is a bug. I also noticed that when I play on Normal X Axis I hit WAY more straight shots than when I play Inverted X AXIS (Why would this make a difference?). I have also noticed that the closer to 60FPS I am the more consistently straight my swings are. But why would that effect my swing plane? I am either swinging straight or not regardless of framerate. If anything, it should be harder on higher framerates since it should track it better. I remember in TGC1 they had a thing where if the swing lost connection or bad framerates hit, it would automatically hit is straight. I wonder if TGC2 does the opposite?

Something is weird here, no matter how much the devs want to tell us it is not.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 08:23:47 PM by Seamount4Life »

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 10:24:38 PM »
  ps4 user. Hit nice straight shots sometimes and other times no matter what I try , it is always outside the cone (to the right side...slice). played the original many hours, something is not right here. Rotate 3 standard controllers on an original ps4.
"We don't see that on our end"

Seamount4Life

• golf-beta
  • www.raincitygamers.com
    • Rain City Gamers
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 02:01:37 PM »

My swing is very sporadic as well. I'll play like 3 or 4 holes with mostly straight swings, then I'll play 3 hole where I can't keep it in the red cone. While I am not perfect and I understand the Swing is tougher than TGC1, it's odd that it can be so hit and miss within the same round. Many times I miss way out side of the red cone, then look down at my controller to find that I am not that far off center. Sucking is one thing, but feel like I am getting over penalized based on my feel, and what the controller tells me. Makes me wonder if there is a bug. I also noticed that when I play on Normal X Axis I hit WAY more straight shots than when I play Inverted X AXIS (Why would this make a difference?). I have also noticed that the closer to 60FPS I am the more consistently straight my swings are. But why would that effect my swing plane? I am either swinging straight or not regardless of framerate. If anything, it should be harder on higher framerates since it should track it better. I remember in TGC1 they had a thing where if the swing lost connection or bad framerates hit, it would automatically hit is straight. I wonder if TGC2 does the opposite?

OK Update on this. Got home from work and practiced on the range for 15 mins. Did not have one swing inside the red cone. Decided to stop using my Xbone S controller and switch to using my Extra PS4 Dualshock just to see if it would be any differnt. WOW, night and day better! While I don't swing straight all the time, I rarely miss the red cone now. It's crazy how much better it is, even though I feel like I am doing the same thing on the controller. I now love this game again. Not sure if it was a controller issue, or maybe my swing just works better with the PS4 controller layout (Which is what I played on in TGC1) but all my swing complaints and issues are now a thing of the past just from switching from using the Xbone S controller to using the PS4 Dualshock.

Was able to finish my first 2 underpar rounds. One of which was on Magnolia National

If anyone else is having these issues on PC, might be worth a try.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:04:21 PM by Seamount4Life »

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 02:08:32 PM »

OK Update on this. Got home from work and practiced on the range for 15 mins. Did not have one swing inside the red cone. Decided to stop using my Xbone S controller and switch to using my Extra PS4 Dualshock just to see if it would be any differnt. WOW, night and day better! While I don't swing straight all the time, I rarely miss the red cone now. It's crazy how much better it is, even though I feel like I am doing the same thing on the controller. I now love this game again. Not sure if it was a controller issue, or maybe my swing just works better with the PS4 controller layout (Which is what I played on in TGC1) but all my swing complaints and issues are now a thing of the past just from switching from using the Xbone S controller to using the PS4 Dualshock.

Was able to finish my first 2 underpar rounds. One of which was on Magnolia National

Xbox One Elite controller is sublime on TGC2 PC.....ironic isn't it?
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Seamount4Life

• golf-beta
  • www.raincitygamers.com
    • Rain City Gamers
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 02:17:25 PM »

Xbox One Elite controller is sublime on TGC2 PC.....ironic isn't it?

Yeah, none of it really makes sense. But this game is borderline unplayable for me with Xbone S controller with Tour/Player clubs. Dualshock 4 is still tough, but seems to be a better representation of what I am doing with the stick.  I shot +22 on Magnolia National / Tour Club/ Xbone Controller, Then Shot -1 with the Dualshock. lol
Could be a sensitivity thing, could be a calibration thing. Maybe my thumb swing is just built for the DS4. Can't explain why. But it is a MUCH better experience for me on the DS4.

Tuco

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 08:29:21 PM »
I'm using an XBOX 360 controller on my PC.  After a week, finally this morning my swings started to end up much more consistently in the cone.

In TGC1 and my early attempts with TGC2, I was keeping my eyes focused on my thumb and stick.  In TGC1, that worked just fine, but in the early going with TGC2, I was getting wild and unpredictable results.  Then I switched to watching the golfer animation and things improved some.  At least that way, I knew when he had reached the top of his swing.  But although better, I was still having problems that were driving me nuts.  Now I've gone to focusing on that point down the fairway where I want the ball to go, watching the golfer with my peripheral vision, and making sure that my stick stroke (hey now, watch it) is smooth and easy.  Voila!  Today has been so much better.  It really is about tempo.
The Golf Club 2019:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

bob5453

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 09:15:27 PM »
I'm using an XBOX 360 controller on my PC.  After a week, finally this morning my swings started to end up much more consistently in the cone.

Me too. I don't think it was me, HB had to change something on their end.
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

Nightowl

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 09:42:21 PM »
Same here.  The game just got easier for me.  It happened practically overnight.  :o

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 05:32:15 AM »
I use a DS4 for both PC and PS4.

On PS4 I hit it pretty straight, on PC I'm all over the place!

Why would it be any different? I mean, I'm making the exact same swing, with the exact same controller. Why would the outcome be so different?

There is definitely something up with controller sensitivity on PC. There is no way that I can play competitively on PC as it is at the moment. I get the odd round when I seem to be able to hit it fairly straight for some reason, next time I play I'm just about inside the cone.

It's not just the ability to hit it straight too. I find that the tempo can be very inconsistent on PC as well, on PS4 I can get about 90% P/P and 2 or 3 dead straight shots per round. On PC it's probably 50% and 0 dead straight.

Looks like I'm going to have to look into getting a different controller to play on PC, if nothing is changed! Otherwise I'll be playing my competitive rounds on PS4.

It's a real shame because the game looks so great on PC and runs at a much higher FPS.
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Twelve Bridges Tournament Edition
HGD Walkers Heath Park

[img]http://i.imgur.com/

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 08:22:34 PM »
I use a DS4 for both PC and PS4.

On PS4 I hit it pretty straight, on PC I'm all over the place!

Why would it be any different? I mean, I'm making the exact same swing, with the exact same controller. Why would the outcome be so different?

There is definitely something up with controller sensitivity on PC. There is no way that I can play competitively on PC as it is at the moment. I get the odd round when I seem to be able to hit it fairly straight for some reason, next time I play I'm just about inside the cone.

It's not just the ability to hit it straight too. I find that the tempo can be very inconsistent on PC as well, on PS4 I can get about 90% P/P and 2 or 3 dead straight shots per round. On PC it's probably 50% and 0 dead straight.

Looks like I'm going to have to look into getting a different controller to play on PC, if nothing is changed! Otherwise I'll be playing my competitive rounds on PS4.

It's a real shame because the game looks so great on PC and runs at a much higher FPS.

This^^^.from one of THE best players in the game...Thank you...Cheers

gerardfraser

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2017, 09:35:39 PM »
PC here.Hardest thing for me was tempo but I do find differences in different controls which I do not know if placebo effect or HB can not control every device.Hell I have 4 different ones hooked up to TV/PC..

Playing with Logitech 710 Controller
Right thumb stick,can not hit a ball straight.Switched to left thumb stick and all I hit are straight shots(Mostly).

Playing with Xb360 Afterglow Controller
Left and Right stick all over the place.Rare for straight shot.

Playing with Logitech G15 Keyboad G5 Mouse can shoot  straight(Mostly).

Playing with Logitech MX 5500 Keyboard/mouse can shoot straight(Mostly).

space-cash