controller

• 136 Replies

Dee Dah Dave

« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2017, 02:27:54 PM »
I think with most other Golf games of the past the swing mechanic has been far too easy once mastered, for either an analogue swing or a 3 point system. This then results in ultra low scoring all the time. I remember I used to be able to get -18 under or so on most Tiger Woods courses.

HB have added much more difficulty to the swing but unfortunately it doesn't translate very well to a cheap little analogue stick. Then you have different sensitivities across the various controllers and it's a recipe for bad news. I know the XB1 sticks are quite a bit looser than the PS4 ones, which might make things harder for most when it comes to direction accuracy. Personally I think the direction requirement is close to spot on, but the tempo 'window' and speed of swing is too narrow which gives most of the inconsistencies. You can also cheat the downswing by giving it a little flick instead of a full forward motion, although this makes things a little easier which helps but it's not an ideal setup.

I have to commend the devs though for trying to make Golf games more realistic (AKA difficult), I just don't think the input methods are well suited to the swing mechanic. Perhaps the best solution for a future Golf game would be a purpose made controller which comes with the game, but this would obviously bump up the price of admission.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2017, 09:35:27 PM »
I use an Xbox One Elite controller and have no problems with the swing.  It took me a while to get it, but now it's very natural.  The thing I like about it is that you have to pay attention to your swing on every shot.  On TGC I could just dial in the shot and then execute it perfectly 98 out of 100 times.  TGC2 isn't that at all and I think that's what ticks people off.  There is much more finesse and control involved which in my opinion makes it a much better game.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash