controller

• 136 Replies

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 09:50:54 PM »
OK, so I got some advice off someone on the TGCTours forum to look for an alternative to using the "Steam Controller" setting in Steam.

He said that he uses input mapper instead. A simple program that makes your DS4 work on PC. It takes seconds to set up, you don't need to change any settings, just save your profile when it recognizes your controller.

I used to use DS4windows to get my controller working for TGC1 on PC, but for some reason it won't recognize my newest DS4. It is a V2, so maybe that's why? InputMapper found it straight away.

Long story short, I can now hit the ball as well as I could a couple of weeks ago (well I could for the amount of holes that I played earlier on, 15 or so). The default Steam Controller sensitivity must just be set too high for the DS4 or at least the ones that I have?
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Twelve Bridges Tournament Edition
HGD Walkers Heath Park

[img]http://i.imgur.com/

phlyerphanatic31

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 12:55:26 AM »
OK, so I got some advice off someone on the TGCTours forum to look for an alternative to using the "Steam Controller" setting in Steam.

He said that he uses input mapper instead. A simple program that makes your DS4 work on PC. It takes seconds to set up, you don't need to change any settings, just save your profile when it recognizes your controller.

I used to use DS4windows to get my controller working for TGC1 on PC, but for some reason it won't recognize my newest DS4. It is a V2, so maybe that's why? InputMapper found it straight away.

Long story short, I can now hit the ball as well as I could a couple of weeks ago (well I could for the amount of holes that I played earlier on, 15 or so). The default Steam Controller sensitivity must just be set too high for the DS4 or at least the ones that I have?
Would this be similar for an XBone controller? I witnessed 1st hand what your controller was doing before you made this change. Nasty. I am hesitant switching to Tour clubs full time because the sensitivity for sporadic hits just seems to be magnified too much. I know I'm making the same motion, it shouldn't be off that much. We discussed this in chat.

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 05:32:35 AM »

Would this be similar for an XBone controller? I witnessed 1st hand what your controller was doing before you made this change. Nasty. I am hesitant switching to Tour clubs full time because the sensitivity for sporadic hits just seems to be magnified too much. I know I'm making the same motion, it shouldn't be off that much. We discussed this in chat.

Well, the thing is that input mapper basically makes your PC think that you are using an xbox controller. So I don't know if it will help with an actual xbox controller.

I got this from Techadvisor -
there’s now an application available that will map the DualShock 4 controls directly to Microsoft’s XInput API.
The end result is that games are ‘tricked’ into thinking you’re using an Xbox 360 controller, and you’ll be free to play as many games with your DualShock 4 controller as your heart desires.

There is definitely a problem with this game regarding controllers across the board. It seems that some will work fine and others not. One DS4 can work perfectly, another not. The same for xbox one and xbox 360 controllers.
This has been a known issue among the community for a while.

It's not just PC either, the same issues are coming from friends who play on PS4 too.

Maybe the sensitivity needs taking down a tiny bit on the Tour club settings?
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Twelve Bridges Tournament Edition
HGD Walkers Heath Park

[img]http://i.imgur.com/

phlyerphanatic31

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 05:53:04 AM »

Well, the thing is that input mapper basically makes your PC think that you are using an xbox controller. So I don't know if it will help with an actual xbox controller.

there’s now an application available that will map the DualShock 4 controls directly to Microsoft’s XInput API.
The end result is that games are ‘tricked’ into thinking you’re using an Xbox 360 controller, and you’ll be free to play as many games with your DualShock 4 controller as your heart desires.

There is definitely a problem with this game regarding controllers across the board. It seems that some will work fine and others not. One DS4 can work perfectly, another not. The same for xbox one and xbox 360 controllers.

It's not just PC either, the same issues are coming from friends who play on PS4 too.

Very interesting for sure. I can honestly say it's to the point where I regret buying this game right now. I know some things can only get better, but for a game that had so much going for it at the tail end of TGC1 and to have this abomination of a game dropped, it's disheartening. 

Seeing some people not miss a beat is also infuriating to say the least. I'm reserved to the fact that some people are just going to be better at the game than I am, but when I know there's something amiss that I have no control over I want answers and I don't think I'm alone.

The game was dropped with very little in the way of tutorials. I like finding my way as much as the next guy, but there shouldn't be this much randomness in a game in my opinion. Ya it's harder and ya we wanted more of a challenge, but the age of my controller and what controller I use shouldn't be the deciding factor in whether or not I can compete with my peers. When there are more questions about what controller is better and what one is worse you know something is off.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:59:23 AM by phlyerphanatic31 »

leslie.sangster

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 06:04:15 AM »

Are you watching HB see lots of people are complaining about sensitivity issues across the board on all three platforms. I play Xbox and experience exactly the same thing only I don't know if I'm going to hit it left or right 95% of the time I'm perfect/perfect so the tempo is ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leslie.sangster

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 06:12:07 AM »
Something's wrong with the game when you have to buy a new controller to play the game even if it's only a few months old. I have three my day one edition as old as my Xbox a newish one only a few months old and an Elite controller which isn't very old either and I'm not consistent with any of them. I know it could be me but not all the time as I used to use the driver on the hardest setting in the first game and very rarely missed a fairway. If a licensed Xbox controller works better than a proper Xbox controller I would suggest that shows an issue with how the game picks up the swing and don't get me started on using a mouse.

gabagoo57

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 05:58:14 PM »
I have been having many issues with the controller. I have the xbox controller for PC.   I think there are subtle differences from controller to controller.
I play with a friend online about 5 days a week. We use Skype so we are in real time as far as conversation goes and we have discussed this issue to death. He says that if he makes a slight pause at the top of the swing he generally will hit a straight shot with full power.  I tried his method, but it was 50/50. What I find that works on my controller is that I take the club back slowly and then I move it forward with very little effort...almost like I really don't want to hit the ball with any power. many times the club just goes back to address, but when I get the feel just right I hit the most beautiful shots.
I will say that many rounds so far with this new game have resulted in me having plus 8 to (yes it's true) plus 25 shots per round , where as with tgc1 I would be anywhere around plus 3 to minus 9.  I did finally manage a -7 on a course with wider fairways.

Now I also see  some kind of issue when putting. I don't think it is the controller at all and I will tell you why.  have you made a putt and the ball squirts out almost on a 45 degree angle?   We have seen this popping up at least once every round. Here is what we have learnt from it.  The reason i don't think it is the controller or any tempo issue is that the player on the other end really does not see the squirt shot...what he will see is the player actually rotating to make that shot, which the shooter never made....maybe it is a server issue?

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 06:17:44 PM »
Something's wrong with the game when you have to buy a new controller to play the game even if it's only a few months old. I have three my day one edition as old as my Xbox a newish one only a few months old and an Elite controller which isn't very old either and I'm not consistent with any of them. I know it could be me but not all the time as I used to use the driver on the hardest setting in the first game and very rarely missed a fairway. If a licensed Xbox controller works better than a proper Xbox controller I would suggest that shows an issue with how the game picks up the swing and don't get me started on using a mouse.

I am playing with an 18 month old X1 Elite controller that plays the game beautifully.

Sorry you aren't having better luck.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

leslie.sangster

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 06:24:35 PM »

I am playing with an 18 month old X1 Elite controller that plays the game beautifully.

Sorry you aren't having better luck.

Ohh it's ok I'm playing with the second controller that's only about 6 months old I don't like playing with the Elite as it doesn't feel right. The majority of my swings in TGC1 and this game had a slight draw what I need to do is go to the driving range to get the tempo down and then go to the course it's just the odd swing that goes the other way I can't account for as it's the same swing. I'm also not keen on the short game doesn't have the feel to it I expected.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 07:28:32 PM »
The Elite is the best controller and longest lasting I have ever had BY FAR.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 09:37:27 PM »
   Would like a response from HB eventually, but feel free to offer any help please. Perfect level lie , no wind, players clubs, middle cone swing, perfect/perfect.   Are there any other variables  ( tempo, backswing faster slower flick, etc) that would cause a shot to come up very short (20 yards) ?  This happens numerous times a round and have no clue why. It almost seems random.  Having a difficult time trying to figure this out.
   Have no issues with putting, in fact love it. Only issue is a stutter in take away which causes your very short putts to blow 20 feet past the cup.
"We don't see that on our end"

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2017, 09:50:20 AM »
   Would like a response from HB eventually, but feel free to offer any help please. Perfect level lie , no wind, players clubs, middle cone swing, perfect/perfect.   Are there any other variables  ( tempo, backswing faster slower flick, etc) that would cause a shot to come up very short (20 yards) ?  This happens numerous times a round and have no clue why. It almost seems random.  Having a difficult time trying to figure this out.
   Have no issues with putting, in fact love it. Only issue is a stutter in take away which causes your very short putts to blow 20 feet past the cup.
I have been getting exactly the same problem...XBOX1.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 10:52:10 AM »
Maybe you are not taking a full swing?  You could be cutting off the swing early but still making a perfect/perfect tempo.

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2017, 12:15:42 PM »
Maybe you are not taking a full swing?  You could be cutting off the swing early but still making a perfect/perfect tempo.
You may well be right but as we get no feedback on % of power its hard to tell...on a brighter note i just went & bought a wired controller & it is so much better than the wireless ones i have been using.

Harvester

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2017, 12:37:13 PM »
I feel bad.

I have a wired Xbox360,  wireless Xbox360,  Xbox 1,  Xbox s,  Xbox Elite,  Ps4 and various other candy colored controllers and I suck with all of them.   ;D

It seems that not even the 'good' controllers help me.   :'(

BTW,  are we all in agreement that the Standard Club set does play like TGC1?

I know that when I use the Standard Clubs it does feel a lot like TGC1.  When I want a more relaxing game I just use that set.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 12:41:35 PM by Harvester »

space-cash