Old Timer's Club

• 30 Replies

darvaan

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 10:41:45 PM »
I agree, 2 rounds per day is a bit demanding. I think a 1 round event a day or a 2 round/2-3 day time limit is ideal.
GM of Masochist Sim Club(PS4) - All Aids Off on the finest PGA/RCR courses

Count2Potsto

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 05:59:34 AM »
PSN screen name is DoyleHargraves69. About to turn 48 and have been playing video golf I think all the way back to the Atari 2600.  Once smashed a hole in my ceiling as a kid while playing a Sega Genesis version of PGA golf that was 1 of the 1st attempts at VR golf which was just basically a bulky "club" with a red dot light  which you swung over a light sensor pad.. feel free to add me to PSN friends list and maybe we can get some live rounds in.

ukjackbauer

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 06:56:40 AM »
My dad has signed up (I've mentioned him in the discussion thread before this society was created). 73 years old - his gamertag (or whatever you call the PS4 equivalent) is johnd1944.

He's insisting on using Player/Tour clubs and his last round was +20, but as I say, he's 73 and he stopped playing games for a while because of the abuse he received playing FIFA.

Thank you for setting up this society - I'll tell him to behave himself... ;D

Kelson

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 08:39:47 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions. I will start putting 2 rounds/2 days soon!
Designer Status: Unpublished
Reason: A Horse is a Horse of Course, of Course Course is not a valid name.

Don Giveachit

• Name says it all
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 11:59:01 AM »
I knew a Kelson a while back. I wonder if you're the same one

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

PSN ID: Don_Giveachit

Fan of:
The Golden Bear
Phil Mickelson

ClassAct147

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 01:19:37 PM »
So what does this old timers club look like anyway?   Are we talking hickory shaft and a rusty blade  :P

Moisthamster

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 02:04:23 PM »
Joined up and enjoying tournies and schedule.

34 years old and played golf games most my life since one on the Commodore 64 which had to load the hole etc for every shot. Sure it took like a minute or so each time.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 10:26:44 PM »
   Own tshirts older than you. Have fun  ::)
"We don't see that on our end"

Kelson

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2017, 08:30:09 AM »

Yup, miss playing and talking with you. I don't know why we are no longer friends. I did not delete you.
Designer Status: Unpublished
Reason: A Horse is a Horse of Course, of Course Course is not a valid name.

Don Giveachit

• Name says it all
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2017, 06:01:20 PM »

Yup, miss playing and talking with you. I don't know why we are no longer friends. I did not delete you.
Will check out your Society

Fan of:
The Golden Bear
Phil Mickelson

Don Giveachit

• Name says it all
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 09:33:23 AM »
I stopped by and you have a great looking place. I wish you and all your participants well

Fan of:
The Golden Bear
Phil Mickelson

Rmyers392

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 06:06:08 PM »
Hi I'm 44 live in U.K. loved all the golf series started playing golf on the old Atari 1200s and have had a golf game for every console from then till now. Still can't putt you'd think I'd learn by now (lol) looking forward to joining community.

detfan

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 01:14:10 PM »
Steve Stein

Started playing in 99 on the PC. Tiger Woods 99. The good ole days. I made a lot of contacts there as well. Did some Beta testing for that series as well. Played under the name TinCup4.

Played thru TW 2008, never really cared for the console golf until this game came out. At 49 I do think I qualify. I also believe I remember you from those days too.

PSN Detfan1984

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 01:29:40 PM by detfan »

Grinder12000

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 10:43:22 PM »
Just skimmed 7 more societies looking to fill my last spot.  Being a - handicapper (meaning not a + handicapper) I liked your mix (62% NOT +, norm is about 55%) so once I get back to the golf dungeon I'll look at your tournaments. 

63 and started playing/creating in LINKS and played 4 years on a tour, Played Tiger and dropped out of virtual golf. Found Rory but then looked into a new game called TGCT.  Tried it in January and HOOKED.

Played in TGCTours and got to CC-D after struggling and then had an epiphany and took off.  Now I THINK I had epiphany (called hitting the freaking ball straight).     
RodMelotte.com  aka Gus the Weather Dog.

ianmiller4468

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2017, 07:47:12 PM »
Hi guys.
49'er though feel more like a 59'er.

From Good ol' UK, near Glasgow, Scotland.

My virtual golfing journey, started with Jack Nicklaus on the Game Boy, evolved to Links 2001/3, TW on PS2, PS3 and PC, then Rory 15, TGC 1 and now 2. With honorary mentions for Actua Golf, Microsoft Golf and Golf Tycoon 1 & 2. (Basically a lot)

Finding it quite a step up from TGC 1, or at least my (lack of) swing does. But will perserveer.

Sometimes play with Standard or Player Clubs, though have dabbled with the Tour.

Not bothered about winning a tournament, though it would be nice NOT to come last, occasionally.
Have found it easier to play events with against a ghost(s) maybe more competitive, I dont know; but beating or at least giving a course a good battle is just as important.

If I had a Dollar or Pound whatever for every rimmed/missed putt, I'd be a millionaire but Ce la vie.

Catch y'all on the fairway (bunkered in my case).

space-cash