Welcome to the CGC | Casuals Golf Club on TGC2

• 3680 Replies

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2017, 05:10:19 AM »
Hello Casuals, I guess I'm the 100th member in your club!!! ;)

Hope to see you around

Haha. Awesome mate! Welcome aboard. :)

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 09:40:11 AM »
CGC Devon Quarry Challenger

Final Leaderboard

A record casuals field of 73 played this one out, with Alegunner and GW_Hope prevailing in a dramatic tie for first place. Notable performances also from darvaan, spudd, Simondinhio, kck, ExOlympus, Jayjay, Elephant and steviegers. But again it's those courageous performances from the guys at the lower end of the chart - like debutant Unkyal, brokengranite, cclark, chief, amtrak, luke and many more, that also deserve our plaudits. Battling through adversity to complete the event. Respect guys! I think I'd have rage quit! ;D Anyway, awesome turnout, thanks to all participants.

CGC T90 - Springer Invitational

Thurs 13 July

A little bonus event incoming tomorrow for 24 hours, before the weekends big T90 at Royal Ethalwind. This as we visit Scarpacci Springs for two nice short 9 hole rounds, on this charming Autumnal course. A T90 (Total Purse 90%) again here, for this potentially one off event. But if it proves popular with the members, we may make it a regular Thursday pre 'week-ender' fixture. Good luck out there.

bacardy34

• ps4 ID: bacardy34
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 10:01:54 AM »
Very happy for 11th place,  what a great course and nice views. Congrats to the winners!!!
Society Magic Quebec Country Club
courses so far:  The Kraken Tour Edition
                       Massimo Golf Field 2
                       TPC Haunted Grove 2
                       The Kraken Golf Course

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 05:32:40 AM »
CGC T90 - Springer Invitational (2X 9 Holes)

Thurs 13 July - 1 Day Event

The charming sixth at Scarpacci Springs

As ever a lovely venue for this double nine hole warmup event for the weekends main attraction at Royal Ethalwind. This as we play two leisurely rounds at the Autumnal beauty that is Scarpacci Springs. And our novice members will be pleased to hear that it isn't as demanding as the beautiful, but testing Devon Quarry! Tournament will be live around 2pm UKT, and it's another 90% payout. Good luck.

Ps - Just to reassure our less experienced members that upcoming events will feature courses that are a little more sympathetic to the casual player. But I just had to feature Devon Quarry because it was such a beaut.

Baddar

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 05:51:30 AM »
Definitely think a two tier thing could work. Good to put a cap on the handicap but -19 to +11 (about halfway down the tournament field) is still a massive gap.

The better players within the club could take on the same courses but longer tees, on a separate leaderboard.

All up to you, and I'd be happy playing with the best despite never coming close to winning, just would be nice to keep the lesser skilled guys interested. Tournaments just for them etc.
PSN: Badd-um-tsch

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2017, 06:18:48 AM »
Cheers for the input. Yea, as we discussed I'm not happy with the disparity. As you mention there's now a +5 handicap block on new memberships. Leave it with me, don't want to rock the boat too much too quickly - but I'll be implementing positive changes to the benefit of all in due course. If any of our other members have any thoughts on this, or anything Casuals related - please post your views.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 06:42:27 AM »
Definitely think a two tier thing could work.

Hmm! Just checked the settings in tournament setup, and there doesn't seem to be an option to set a handicap limit on an event?? Am I missing something, or is this not available? Anyone?

Unky Al

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2017, 08:30:25 AM »
I don't trust the handicap, it says im 0.6 yet I shot +50 on Devon Quarry lol

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2017, 09:02:15 AM »
I don't trust the handicap, it says im 0.6 yet I shot +50 on Devon Quarry lol

Ahoy mate. Don't think Devon is handicap rated, so the +50 wouldn't count. 

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2017, 09:58:07 AM »
CGC T90 - Springer Invitational (2X 9 Holes)

Thurs 13 July - 1 Day Event

This one's live. Have a good one!

Victor71

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 07:11:11 PM »
Beautiful course, too bad my short game sucks right now!
PSN: victor_s71

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 06:15:49 AM »
Beautiful course, too bad my short game sucks right now!

Glad you 'sort of enjoyed' it Victor. :)

CGC T90 - Springer Invitational

Final Leaderboard

Well this one's just finished, and considering it was only live for 18 hours (my mistake), the mid fifties field was tremendous. Thanks to all. Ok, nice to get our first Scottish champion as Flawed3dgenius takes the Springer Invitational title with a very tidy -10. Kck, Simod and ExOlympus tied for runners-up on -7 - While consistent darvaan and mnoonan tied at 5 on -5. But as always a big thank you to all who took part. :)

The Big Week-ender - CGC T90 Ethalwind Shield

Friday 14 - Sun 16 July

And coming up later there's more Casuals golfing action - as we head to our impressive home course Royal Ethalwind, for our big 'week-ender' event. Back to our usual format here, as we play two rounds in the T90 Ethalwind Shield through Friday/Sunday. I'll let you know when we're live!

Jamjar_Frez

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 01:01:02 PM »
Managed to join & take part in yesterday's event - man I suck at this game  :o

Back to the driving range & practice greens for me!!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 03:19:03 PM »
Welcome mate. Don't worry about high scores, lots of our members score high. Just go out there and have fun, you'll gradually pick it up. :)

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2017, 09:44:48 AM »
The Big Week-Ender - CGC T90 Ethalwind Shield

Friday 14 - Sun 16 July - Final Leaderboard

Well played Williamhotel whose highly impressive -27 earns him the CGC Ethalwind Shield. William decided to seek pastures new after his win, I'm sure all the Casuals will join me in wishing him well.

A tip top turnout of 76 casuals entered this one - with Canadian debutant Firebuff claiming second spot with a splendid sub 22, while US Casual Ryontherox bagged 3rd with a fine -20. But from the bottom to the top of that leaderboard, thanks to all of you for taking part. Because for me, the Casuals is all about enjoying those beautiful courses and partaking in some friendly competition with your club mates. It's not about the winning - It's about have fun out there! :)

Next Up - CGC Jupitor Ridge Classic - Mon 17  - Weds 19 July

We're sticking with top designer Arctic Fury for our next event, as the Casuals journey to the lovely Jupitor Ridge on Monday. As ever two plus days, two rounds - see you over there guys!

Next Up - CGC Augusta Par 3 Challenge - Thurs 20 July

Our short, sharp fun event this week takes us to Theclv's marvellous mapping of Augusta Par 3 Magnolia. Two quick warmup rounds here as we build towards our regular 'Big Week-Ender' T90 event Fri-Sun, with our usual 90% purse! More on that one soon.

space-cash