Welcome to the CGC | Casuals Golf Club on TGC2

• 3680 Replies

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2017, 05:45:02 AM »
CGC Jupitor Ridge Classic

Final Leaderboard

Well what a super tournament! And a tremendous mid seventies field - this despite last nights sudden 1.2 update push, that will have no doubt distracted a few! Anyway we had birdies and eagles galore from a Casuals friendly shortened Jupitor Ridge, with many members going under par for the first time. Great to see, hopefully will bring confidence to their game. Bittersweet win for Kckfire, whose epic -31 has a sting in the tail. It's taken him over the Casuals hdc threshold of +5, and won't be able to partake in events till it drops. Delighted with my -20, felt my approach play was key (thanks G_W Hope) - and my putting was steady. Thanks to all for taking part, and we'll do it all again tomorrow - when we head to Magnolia for our regular Casuals Fun Day. This as we contest the CGC Augusta Par 3 Challenge. See you then for our weekly dose of short, sharp 24 hour Casuals golfing fun!

And don't forget, still absolutely FREE to join The CGC for a limited time. Enjoy your Golf! :)

DaveT

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2017, 06:31:50 AM »
This society is just what I'm looking for!!

Joined one last night and its four rounds in one day ... no way have I got time to keep up with that.

Anyone know if you can delete and remove yourself from a society once you've joined?
COURSES:

- Camp Crystal Lake 
- Haddonfield Country Club
- Antonio Bay (The Fog)
- Overlook Hotel & Country Club

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2017, 06:44:23 AM »

Joined one last night and its four rounds in one day ... no way have I got time to keep up with that.

Anyone know if you can delete and remove yourself from a society once you've joined?

You're very welcome Dave. Yes. Go into the Society you want to leave - Hit R1 Twice (Admin) - 'Leave Society'

DaveT

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2017, 08:58:55 AM »

You're very welcome Dave. Yes. Go into the Society you want to leave - Hit R1 Twice (Admin) - 'Leave Society'

Fantastic! Thanks for the info
COURSES:

- Camp Crystal Lake 
- Haddonfield Country Club
- Antonio Bay (The Fog)
- Overlook Hotel & Country Club

Spudduk

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2017, 09:49:37 AM »
Gutted played Round 1 with a fairly good -19....... then came to play Round 2 last night after watching the TDF highlights, only to find a 70min download was in my way...  No time last night or this morning to get Round 2 in.

Lesson learnt the hard way...

Great tour and club btw...

Andy

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2017, 10:12:51 AM »
Gutted played Round 1 with a fairly good -19....... then came to play Round 2 last night after watching the TDF highlights, only to find a 70min download was in my way...  No time last night or this morning to get Round 2 in.

Lesson learnt the hard way...

Great tour and club btw...

Andy

Very annoying, you were heavily in contention. Thanks for the kind words, appreciated.

Chaleybat

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »
Best round I've played yet. Loving the courses and enjoying being part of this society. Keep up the great work!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2017, 01:37:08 PM »
Best round I've played yet. Loving the courses and enjoying being part of this society. Keep up the great work!

Thank you Chaleybat, very kind. Great to see you're improving your game too! :)

Unky Al

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 06:44:40 AM »
Really enjoyed the par 3 challenge, apart from the 8th hole. Both rounds the game screwed me (honest it's the game not me lol)  ;D. I must have dropped 12 shots over the 2 rounds there.

On a positive note it was nice putting without the stutter

alcibiades4291

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2017, 02:33:52 PM »
How many rounds? Hoping the 17th plays as nice for the Casuals as it has been for the pros so far.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2017, 03:24:02 PM »
How many rounds? Hoping the 17th plays as nice for the Casuals as it has been for the pros so far.

Two rounds. As ever full details incoming very soon. Including a full T90 purse, and a club donated 5 grand bonus prize fund! This is the big one guys, stay tuned. :) 

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »
Next Up - The Big One!

CGC Major -  T90 British Open @ Royal Birkdale

Fri July 21 - Sun 23 July

Here we go guys, the biggest event to date in the CGC's short but highly successful history! Our 160 and rapidly rising membership, will soon be partaking in our first major - and what a Major! The CGC T90 British Open from the stunningly mapped Royal Birkdale by Yeltzman. To add to the undoubted drama that will unfold, the CGC will provide an additional five grand prize fund to top up the already huge 90% purse. Our leisurely format remains - two plus days 36 holes, so plenty of time for you to savour that unique big tournament atmosphere! It's gonna be a cracker of a weekend, and you can still become a member of the CGC absolutely free until 8 AM tomorrow UKT. Which is just one hour before the CGC British Open commences. Our normal full membership fee of 500 will be payable after that time.

It's gonna be a belter guys, catch you then! :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:25:49 PM by Chelsea Saint »

Deleouv

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2017, 04:38:21 PM »
OMG! I've just made my first hole in one in the Augusta Par 3 contest! ;D ;D ;D Hole 9! I've uploaded the video on Youtube.
Total score: +2, decent I think.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2017, 04:56:13 PM »
OMG! I've just made my first hole in one in the Augusta Par 3 contest! ;D ;D ;D Hole 9! I've uploaded the video on Youtube.
Total score: +2, decent I think.

Awesome Deleouv. I still ain't got one in 3 years!! :(  Got a link to vid?

Speaking of said Tournament..

CGC Augusta Par 3 Challenge

Early Completions Leaderboard

You've still got all night to have a go at this fun one day tourney. Warning - Not for the faint hearted! ;)

alegunner68

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2017, 05:09:27 PM »
Royal Birkdale is proper tough, greens are horrible.
I'm doomed, doomed i say!

space-cash