Author Topic: Welcome to the CGC - Casuals Golf Club  (Read 16755 times)

Grinder12000

Re: Welcome to the CGC - Casuals Golf Club
« Reply #600 on: September 13, 2017, 10:07:20 AM »
WOW -  I was +5 after the first 2 holes  LOL    I managed to end at +3 but was smacked a few times.  It seem the last few rounds I have played in societies a designer has an idea and repeats it 3 or 4 times on a course. Whitefang which I can play in my sleep now (7 times in TGCtours, practice and here) had 3 or 4 holes where I had deja vue like didn't I just play this hole?  Wasn't that little round trap on a drive there last time?

Those par 5s never need a driver at all if you are a Player club golfer.  2H, 3W and a wedge gets you there.

Round 2 today - I'll be more careful on those 1st 2 holes.       
RodMelotte.com  aka Gus the Weather Dog.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #601 on: September 13, 2017, 10:47:33 AM »
I think I also recommended flat lakes, course is perfect for casuals, not too difficult. Played another nice one bear mountain. I'm enjoying using ghost so that you can actually see them. I might use a ghost for my.final round on tours comp. One thing though which I think would be good is if it showed before you started which club set they're using standard, player or tour.

Ahoy Matt. Will checkout Bear Mountain. Yeah turn order is cool especially with a friend/s. Adds a whole new dimension to the game, more real. Great to watch opponents shots, you can even use follow cam via 'X' - Fun way to play.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #602 on: September 13, 2017, 10:52:01 AM »
NOW LIVE - Challenger Series

CGC 95 Mizuno Riverside Challenger @ Riverside GC

12 Sept 36H 2D - BLACK Tees 7269 Yds

TWO ROUND TOURNAMENT COMPLETIONS ONLY LEADERBOARD

This could well be a rage quitters paradise - I certainly did after comically playing ping pong on opposing sides of the the ninth green, ending in triple bogey! But as ever this wonderful game lured me back to complete my first round @ +4. And as mentioned, you guys are cordially invited to watch what should be my 'colourful' second round live tonight. More info on that later.

Ok, 70 field with 20 or so hours left in this one, and currently 30 two round completions. Uber consistent Neifisis leads the way after an impressive -20. Class and Germany's Denis tie at 2 on -18, with fellow countryman Jayjay having a fine event currently 4th on -13. A good day also for new Casual Looper who is 5th on -12. So all to play for on day two of this one, as the Mizuno Riverside Challenger edges to it's no doubt dramatic conclusion.

Grinder12000

« Reply #603 on: September 13, 2017, 12:40:53 PM »
Anyone else having PITCHING issues on #6.  PITCHing is gold for me but twice now my PITCHes have come up 10 yards short and into the water. What should be a easy 32 yard pitch goes 20 yards. I do that PITCH shot at least twice a round and its money!!    I just don't understand what the problem is. 

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #604 on: September 13, 2017, 02:23:31 PM »
Casuals Live Streams

Ok chaps, gonna start streaming some rounds. Sometimes solo, other times turn order with friends. Sometimes mics, others just the lovely sounds of golf. First 'Test Run' tonight UK around 7.30PM - Round 2 of our Mizuno event via my unmonetized YouTube channel direct, or you can find it in 'Live from PlayStation' on XMB. I'll also let any friends know via psn invite when I'm teeing off.

No mics for this one need to concentrate, and I'll be solo - makes things quicker. Anyway if you get chance pop on in guys, and if we get more than a handful or so viewers for this test run, it would be a worthy little start. Particularly as it clashes with European Champions League!! Oopps! Anyway should be fun seeing a rusty Chelsea tortured out there with those little Standards! ;D

Matt43

« Reply #605 on: September 13, 2017, 02:48:46 PM »
Casuals Live Streams

Ok chaps, gonna start streaming some rounds. Sometimes solo, other times turn order with friends. Sometimes mics, others just the lovely sounds of golf. First 'Test Run' tonight UK around 7.30PM - Round 2 of our Mizuno event via my unmonetized YouTube channel direct, or you can find it in 'Live from PlayStation' on XMB. I'll also let any friends know via psn invite when I'm teeing off.

No mics for this one need to concentrate, and I'll be solo - makes things quicker. Anyway if you get chance pop on in guys, and if we get more than a handful or so viewers for this test run, it would be a worthy little start. Particularly as it clashes with European Champions League!! Oopps! Anyway should be fun seeing a rusty Chelsea tortured out there with those little Standards! ;D

Yes you picked a great day for it. Hopefully have a watch. Good luck out there.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #606 on: September 13, 2017, 03:42:53 PM »
Well that's 2 of us Matt! ;D - Starting very soon

Neifesis

« Reply #607 on: September 13, 2017, 03:58:34 PM »
Anyone else having PITCHING issues on #6.  PITCHing is gold for me but twice now my PITCHes have come up 10 yards short and into the water. What should be a easy 32 yard pitch goes 20 yards. I do that PITCH shot at least twice a round and its money!!    I just don't understand what the problem is.

32 yd pitch is tough for me. I'm interested to see how you make those easy. I always flop from that distance and it has to be minimum 44 yds to pitch IMO. Now granted I always full swing everything except chips and flops. I'd like to look into this with you though. Knowledge is power right? I'll play your ghost. And please explain how you pitch 32 yds very easily.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #608 on: September 13, 2017, 04:27:55 PM »
We had 8 at one point, more than a handful. Cheers all. Good to see Grinder and Baddar chatting on there. Wanted to comment back but couldn't. Fun, cheers for watching guys.

Matt43

« Reply #609 on: September 13, 2017, 04:29:40 PM »
Well that's 2 of us Matt! ;D - Starting very soon

Watched the stream. Unlucky on some of them holes. Definitely not an easy course. I just wish I'd not gone with tour clubs. Btw I finished my rounds on the tour. R4 71 -2. Wasn't happy with it but I Have to wait now to find out which society I'm going, think it might be CC-Am.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #610 on: September 13, 2017, 04:46:16 PM »
Cheers Matt. Yeah, putting again let me down. Woeful at times! But I'll take a +3 for the round using standards. Good luck on TGCT.

NOW & NEXT - Casuals Fun Day

CGC 95 Cobra Australian Open @ Royal Melbourne GC

14 Sept 18H 1D - Black Tees 6774 yds

All night action over at Riverside right now, as the Mizuno Challenger heats up, closes Thurs 9AM UKT. Then straight back at it for more Casuals tournament golf tomorrow, as we head to lovely Melbourne for our Cobra Australian Open. And it's a 'welcoming' translation of the famed course we'll be playing, designed by Casuals friendly Colinmafia. As ever event commences 9AM UKT. Should be a nice, relaxing wind down after the test that was Riverside GC.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:14:17 PM by Chelsea Saint »

Neifesis

« Reply #611 on: September 13, 2017, 04:53:31 PM »

32 yd pitch is tough for me. I'm interested to see how you make those easy. I always flop from that distance and it has to be minimum 44 yds to pitch IMO. Now granted I always full swing everything except chips and flops. I'd like to look into this with you though. Knowledge is power right? I'll play your ghost. And please explain how you pitch 32 yds very easily.

Ok just played your ghost and you were only 8 yds short. Not to say you didn't know but you had a slight downhill lie (which lowered the trajectory) with an uphill target a deadly combo causing it to hit the hump. If the hump wasn't there it would have went where it usually goes for you I bet.

Again, I would've taken a flop shot from that distance and especially in that situation. You have to play with loft way too much or partial swing when trying to pitch 44 yds or less. I just try to keep it as simple as possible but thats just me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:55:27 PM by Neifesis »

GreatShot

« Reply #612 on: September 13, 2017, 06:10:48 PM »
  (Classact147)  A great course but that's probably the loosest ive been with the swing for a while.    Basically nothing came off the sweet spot so it came down to sheer grit to score well in the end.     Must have thrown away 6 or 7 shots but I'm sure that's the case for everyone.      Ive never been into counting or mapping.   Just play by feel which should be "the casual way".

Grinder12000

« Reply #613 on: September 14, 2017, 12:44:46 AM »
Casuals Live Streams

Watched ya today - that was fun - reliving my exact nightmares  LOL 

Grinder12000

« Reply #614 on: September 14, 2017, 12:48:51 AM »

Ok just played your ghost and you were only 8 yds short. Not to say you didn't know but you had a slight downhill lie (which lowered the trajectory) with an uphill target a deadly combo causing it to hit the hump. If the hump wasn't there it would have went where it usually goes for you I bet.

Again, I would've taken a flop shot from that distance and especially in that situation. You have to play with loft way too much or partial swing when trying to pitch 44 yds or less. I just try to keep it as simple as possible but thats just me.

Yup that is exactly it.  I think I have been so wonderful with PITCH I didn't consider the Flop (which was my GOTO shot in TGC1)   I played it again and yup.  I THOUGHT I accidently CHIPPED (not that I have ever done that  LOL )   My head was still spinning from the previous holes.

space-cash