Welcome to the CGC - Casuals Golf Club

• 3470 Replies

Matt43

« Reply #1995 on: February 13, 2018, 04:11:47 PM »
Yeah it's cool, we all get an extra round FOC! Could be a blessing in disguise this. I'll monitor how the numbers go, might make this a regular 36 hole event. Good luck all.

im happy I get to play another round on Kakadu. Such a beautiful course.

Yeah it is. That view of the waterfalls on your second on the 9th I think, is well up there! Gorgeous.
i didn’t go with tour clubs.  I played on another course and was hitting a lot of slow and fast downswings so went with player and managed -5 65. Not sure which clubs I’ll go with for R2. Check out white rapids Designed by Arctic Fury and Antonio Scarpacci. no surprise that it’s absolute stunner.
http://www.tgctours.com/Course/Details/20105
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:14:07 PM by Matt43 »

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1996 on: February 13, 2018, 05:05:52 PM »
Check out white rapids Designed by Arctic Fury and Antonio Scarpacci. no surprise that it’s absolute stunner. http://www.tgctours.com/Course/Details/20105

Yeah Arctic's top quality going back to TGC1, and no doubt beyond. Very gifted geezer. And this one is ever so slightly.. IN!

Matt43

« Reply #1997 on: February 13, 2018, 05:12:01 PM »
Check out white rapids Designed by Arctic Fury and Antonio Scarpacci. no surprise that it’s absolute stunner. http://www.tgctours.com/Course/Details/20105

Yeah Arctic's top quality going back to TGC1, and no doubt beyond. Very gifted geezer. And this one is ever so slightly.. IN!
had a go on this Un Jour De Brouillard but even though it does look very nice, elevation changes are bit much and the greens are mental and it had frame rate issues. Think I finished +2 73 with tour clubs.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #1998 on: February 13, 2018, 05:19:38 PM »
greens are mental and it had frame rate issues.

Mental greens + frame rate issues = OUT! Sad, lovely looker.

Matt43

« Reply #1999 on: February 13, 2018, 05:24:44 PM »
greens are mental and it had frame rate issues.

Mental greens + frame rate issues = OUT! Sad, lovely looker.
you might feel different about it. Check it out and see what you think.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2000 on: February 13, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »
I can't accept either of those issues Matt, never mind both. But yeah I'll pop on down tomorrow, does look sweet. As does Gerard's other new one Tropical WBC.

Just a quick reminder to all, that our current Challenger is a TWO round event  - closing Thurs 8AM UKT.

Matt43

« Reply #2001 on: February 14, 2018, 05:30:54 AM »
I can't accept either of those issues Matt, never mind both. But yeah I'll pop on down tomorrow, does look sweet. As does Gerard's other new one Tropical WBC.

Just a quick reminder to all, that our current Challenger is a TWO round event  - closing Thurs 8AM UKT.
I might have another crack at that course with player clubs. Didn't play that well first time. Green speed is 127 I think so that took some getting used to.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2002 on: February 14, 2018, 05:35:37 AM »
Thanks Viewers

Gotta say I'm delighted with the views we get in this CGC journal (thread). Consistently around the 400 a day, with peaks like yesterday of 500+! It would be cool if more of our members got involved to broaden discussion. But I'm aware and respect many enjoy anonymity. Anyway cheers to all our readers out there, nice to know. :)

Right, spot of work now. Then, like Matt, I'll be off for a very leisurely reconnoitre of Gerard's 'foggy one' Un Jour De Brouillard and Tropical WBC, let's see how they play.

stan_solo

« Reply #2003 on: February 14, 2018, 09:15:27 AM »
and Tropical WBC,

This one is very good  .... water for bunkers    :)

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #2004 on: February 14, 2018, 12:59:15 PM »
Chelsea is this comp 2 rounds or 1 because it says 1 of 2?

Seems it is. Funny, I've been thinking of upping the  rounds to two in the Mon-Weds Challenger. Seems I've subconsciously implemented it! Ok guys Challenger is a 36 hole 48 hour event. Be interesting to see how it goes. Ta for alerting me Matt.
im happy I get to play another round on Kakadu. Such a beautiful course.
looks good but plays like the first 4 letters. Not a fan im afraid.

Matt43

« Reply #2005 on: February 14, 2018, 01:00:40 PM »
Thanks Viewers

Gotta say I'm delighted with the views we get in this CGC journal (thread). Consistently around the 400 a day, with peaks like yesterday of 500+! It would be cool if more of our members got involved to broaden discussion. But I'm aware and respect many enjoy anonymity. Anyway cheers to all our readers out there, nice to know. :)

Right, spot of work now. Then, like Matt, I'll be off for a very leisurely reconnoitre of Gerard's 'foggy one' Un Jour De Brouillard and Tropical WBC, let's see how they play.
Just had another go on un jour with player clubs and finished -5 67. Greens weren’t has mental as I thought, must have been another course I was thinking of. Still had some rate issues on some holes.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2006 on: February 14, 2018, 02:05:38 PM »
Just played front nine -5 off 7100's. Greens are slow, but I just hit it harder. ;D Frame rate ok apart from tee shot on 3, but nothing close to the issues at that full house St Andrews at the weekend! I like it. Right, Tropical WBC is calling me.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2007 on: February 14, 2018, 02:39:41 PM »
NOW - ALL NIGHTER GOLF - Challenger Series - CGC ANZ Australian Open Championships @ Kakadu Wetlands

One night left in this surprise (even to me) two round event. Kakadu Wetlands is our most worthy venue, as this one heads to another exciting denouement.

NEXT - Event 2 - Thurs 15-16 Feb - Casuals Friendly Fun Day - ONE DAY 18H - CGC Chivas Regal Scottish Invitational (HCP) @ Helensburgh 1893 - 6666 yds

Event 2 is more of the same. Namely a beautifully crafted, intelligently conceived course that's a pleasure to play. The Chivas Regal Scottish Invitational from Helensburgh 1893 is next - in our 36 event season long grand tour of top Casuals TGC2 venues. Hope you can join us. 8AM. UKT. LIVE!

PLEASE NOTE - ONE DAY EVENT.

Matt43

« Reply #2008 on: February 14, 2018, 03:19:01 PM »
Finished with -6 66 on tropical WBC. Did have some pretty strong winds to contend with though. Quite enjoyed it though.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2009 on: February 14, 2018, 03:46:57 PM »
@Gerard - Cheers for your kind offer. As mentioned I played the front 9 and only the third tee shot suffered from judder, and I've seen worse - the rest ran fine. Thanks again for designing these two unique and beautiful courses.

@Matt - I played first few holes and it looks a beauty. I'll get back to it tomorrow. 

space-cash