NEW & UPDATED | Welcome to the CGC | Casuals Golf Club on TGC2 & TGC 2019

• 3741 Replies

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2265 on: March 13, 2018, 03:46:37 PM »
Well my round couldn’t have been worse. Just wasn’t feeling it today but I don’t like quitting so I’ll just put it down to a bad day.

We all have them mate. Respect for sticking it out. Beautiful and cleverly mapped course, with many a decision to make. Easy to be caught out on this one.

Lovely course and a decent test but I'm just not feeling the buzz anymore.  After 200 plus consecutive days play it was bound to happen sometime.  Still going to enter the occasional tournament but really need a break before TGC 2019.

Sorry to hear, but understandable. It's the main reason I don't play our events often - potential overkill/burnout. Genuinely prefer to have languid, 'lazy' rounds - just drinking in that lovely scenery and golfing ambience. Enjoy your break Class, and good to hear you'll still play some events.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2266 on: March 13, 2018, 05:52:15 PM »
Mission Impossible II - Shocking Approaches! Great Putts?

Lotta fun this one guys, and the sequel to Mission Impossible I - Chipping Frenzy upload a couple of weeks back. It features the first four holes of a a Casuals reconnoitre of Cougar's Tooth. In which all my approaches were pretty dismal - leaving fairly lengthy putts. The mission? Could I sink them all?? Mission Impossible II - Shocking Approaches! Great Putts? - with a HIGHLY appropriate soundtrack.

ddixjr509

« Reply #2267 on: March 13, 2018, 05:53:40 PM »
Well my round couldn’t have been worse. Just wasn’t feeling it today but I don’t like quitting so I’ll just put it down to a bad day.

man, that was a brilliant course. one of my faves.
but another round of banana balls, and very fast/very slow swings ruined my tournament.
Standing on the tee, I literally had no freaking clue where the ball was going to end up.

and to top it off- my visiting sister asked what I was doing as I'm working on my new course- and she says "Oh, it's like Minecraft for Adults".
My Courses-
The Olmsted-South Course
Attaturk GC at Cappadocia
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

stan_solo

« Reply #2268 on: March 13, 2018, 06:29:54 PM »
and to top it off- my visiting sister asked what I was doing as I'm working on my new course- and she says "Oh, it's like Minecraft for Adults".

.... yeh but Minecraft doesn't have the chipping glitch

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2269 on: March 14, 2018, 06:59:01 AM »
Challenger Series - Anheuser-Busch American Masters @ Reverand Green - 10,000 BPF

EVENT REPORT

NikeCapal and our man Jediconnor swept aside some quality opposition to be crowned joint CGC American Masters. This after.. erm - masterfully mastering the cleverly mapped, and truly beautiful Reverand Green. Ten below. Very well played guys. Sweden's Hisky, ROI representative Dec and England's Tnegra recorded fine 61's to share third - and complete our top five. Another fun, friendly, well attended event. And as always fellas - Whatever you scored, wherever you finished - thanks for taking part!

NOW LIVE - Event 14 - Weds 14-16 Mar - Casuals Friendly Fun Day - 2D 18H - Toyota Royal Crest Trophy (HCP) @ Fallow's Crest - 6896 yds - 10,000 BPF

Fabulous fantasy golf right now for 48. This as we visit SAM's charming, fun, elevational (if that's a word - and if it ain't, it is now).. Fallow's Crest. Enjoyed my couple of leisurely treks round this one - and I'm sure you will too. The CGC Toyota Royal Crest Trophy is LIVE! Have a good'un.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2270 on: March 14, 2018, 10:39:35 AM »
Graphic Leaderboards are Back @ "The Shepherd and The Hound Golf Club" PS4 Community

I know a few of you miss the leaderboards from my reports - fact is it was a very long and drawn out process to get them up here! But good news, they're back. Casuals member Eagleeth invited me to join the 170 strong, and very quaintly named "The Shepherd and The Hound Golf Club" PS4 community. In which it's super quick and easy to post leaderboards (couple of mins). So hop on over for some good banter and the return of our end of tournament boards.

Rjwils30

« Reply #2271 on: March 14, 2018, 11:38:14 PM »
Thanks for using Reverand for the tournament this week! Hope it provided a fun test for the players.

^^ Nice.

NOW - FINAL 24 - Challenger Series - Anheuser-Busch American Masters @ Reverand Green - 10,000 BPF

With the legendary whodunnit board game Cluedo as it's presumably named inspiration - Reverand Green was always going to be a stormer. It also sorta helps that it's designer Rjwils is amongst the best on the planet! And if this one had crowds, it would've been an insta Big Week-Ender/Major. But I digress a tad. To the event. 24 conclusive hours to go in the Anheuser-Busch American Masters. Big field - big prize.. Hey, you know the rest. :)

NEXT - Event 14 - Weds 14-16 Mar - Casuals Friendly Fun Day - 2D 18H - Toyota Royal Crest Trophy (HCP) @ Fallow's Crest - 6896 yds - 10,000 BPF

Designer SAM's previous fantasy courses are highly acclaimed, and this recent offering maintains the standard. So why not pop on over Wednesday morning - and be part of the Toyota Royal Crest Trophy. You'll be very welcome.
Elysian Downs Golf Club
Falling Water Golf Club
Reverand Green Golf Club
Ellie Cliffs
Ollie Heath
The Sandbelt
Ollie Links
New Highland Dunes GC

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2272 on: March 15, 2018, 06:32:21 AM »
Thanks for using Reverand for the tournament this week! Hope it provided a fun test for the players.

Thanks for designing. Beauty and brawn in equal measure. Superb 18.

And speaking of beauty. Looks like we'll be heading to Jez's new one Wealden Forest if these pics are anything to go by. Organic, so very natural looking - and that lighting which makes that flora glow. Tournament ready too.

Matt43

« Reply #2273 on: March 15, 2018, 06:50:37 AM »
Pretty sure we'll no doubt be heading to
Scarpacci's new one  Hellenic Republic Golf Links even though I haven't played it. There are some designers where you don't even need to and he's one of them.

Icyken

« Reply #2274 on: March 15, 2018, 07:11:21 AM »
I challenge anyone to show me a
better par three hole in the game
than the ninth at Hellenic !

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2275 on: March 15, 2018, 08:02:20 AM »
^^ Shall be taking an easy paced trek round Hellenic later, looks and sounds tip top. And speaking of course choice.. I've had a little idea..

Members Choice Weeks

You all I'm sure have many favourite courses, and you're all probably familiar now with our four pronged course selection criteria - Bright and Beautiful. Relative ease. PS4 friendly (Frames). And the fact that our Big Week-Ender must have crowds. So I thought it would be nice, at least a couple of weeks a season when our members pick our venues - AND, if you choose, name your event. Goes without saying, but I will - designers can't suggest their own courses. And no RCR's. So here we go, I've allocated week seven Mon March 26 to Apr 2 as our first Members Choice Week. Three slots need to be filled - Challenger. Fun Day (Must be HCP rated). Big Week-Ender (Must have crowds) - Fire away fellas. :)

Note - If we get over three members choices, I'm happy for you guys to decide the trio/if you can't agree I'll decide. If we don't get any interest, I'll carry on as normal.

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #2276 on: March 15, 2018, 08:11:32 AM »
I challenge anyone to show me a
better par three hole in the game
than the ninth at Hellenic !
you are right icky,spectacular.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2277 on: March 15, 2018, 09:47:06 AM »
NOW - FINAL 24 - Casuals Friendly Fun Day - Toyota Royal Crest Trophy (HCP) @ Fallow's Crest - 10,000 BPF

Final day action right now at the inspirational, elevational delight that is Fallow's Crest. Another big varied skilled field battling for supremacy, and you're very welcome to join us. Closes 8AM UKT Friday.

NEXT - Event 15 - Fri 16-19 Mar - Big Week-Ender - 3D 36H - Caixa Federal Brazilian Open @ Barra da Tijuca - 7187 yds - 100% Purse & 20,000 BPF

Beautifully shaped, mapped and contoured - the warm, bright and welcoming Barra da Tijuca, is the perfect host for our Caixa Federal Brazilian Open. Big crowds anticipated for this exotic fest of golf. Throw in a 100% purse and a hefty 20,000 BPF - and we've got a fabulous big weekend of Casuals tournament golf ahead. Don't miss this one fellas. :)

Matt43

« Reply #2278 on: March 15, 2018, 10:25:14 AM »
NOW - FINAL 24 - Casuals Friendly Fun Day - Toyota Royal Crest Trophy (HCP) @ Fallow's Crest - 10,000 BPF

Final day action right now at the inspirational, elevational delight that is Fallow's Crest. Another big varied skilled field battling for supremacy, and you're very welcome to join us. Closes 8AM UKT Friday.

NEXT - Event 15 - Fri 16-19 Mar - Big Week-Ender - 3D 36H - Caixa Federal Brazilian Open @ Barra da Tijuca - 7187 yds - 100% Purse & 20,000 BPF

Beautifully shaped, mapped and contoured - the warm, bright and welcoming Barra da Tijuca, is the perfect host for our Caixa Federal Brazilian Open. Big crowds anticipated for this exotic fest of golf. Throw in a 100% purse and a hefty 20,000 BPF - and we've got a fabulous big weekend of Casuals tournament golf ahead. Don't miss this one fellas. :)
Giving the handicap a miss but will be playing the next one.

ddixjr509

« Reply #2279 on: March 15, 2018, 10:44:04 AM »
Pretty sure we'll no doubt be heading to
Scarpacci's new one  Hellenic Republic Golf Links even though I haven't played it. There are some designers where you don't even need to and he's one of them.

I watched him on Twitch for 2 hours as he was designing the 9th... it was very similar to watching those old Bob Ross PBS painting shows-  where you think he's effing it up and it turns out incredible... and those happy little rocks.

i did a double take when i saw that he published so soon, bc I'm going to need every bit of the next 6 weeks to finish my submittal.
My Courses-
The Olmsted-South Course
Attaturk GC at Cappadocia
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

space-cash