Welcome to the CGC - Casuals Golf Club

• 3565 Replies

Matt43

« Reply #3135 on: July 10, 2018, 03:20:44 PM »
Did R1 and was disappointed to see the game adding grass on my bunker and saw a gap with some steps off the ground. Checked every bit of that course. How the hell did I miss that. Seriously annoyed with that.

the game has mysterious publishing errors!  I've found 3 in mine- 2 of them only I as the designer would know, but on one green- there is a very small patch of heavy rough  (it's a straight in putt from there- and it didn't impact the putt). But the patch wasn't there in the design file or any of the three betas... luck of the draw I guess.

my game and controller has gone to complete crap. Sunday morning- i had a -17, -15, -13... then I lost my internet connection for a few hours and since then it's all banana balls and inconsistent tempo. completely unplayable.
really hope that’s fixed for 2019 because it’s very frustrating. might buy myself a new controller for 2019. On your course I was doing great I birdied the first 4 holes and then struggled to keep it in the cone.  Not sure if that was anything to do with controller but might get one anyway. Would have been great if you could get a TGC controller.

ddixjr509

« Reply #3136 on: July 10, 2018, 09:40:34 PM »
Did R1 and was disappointed to see the game adding grass on my bunker and saw a gap with some steps off the ground. Checked every bit of that course. How the hell did I miss that. Seriously annoyed with that.

the game has mysterious publishing errors!  I've found 3 in mine- 2 of them only I as the designer would know, but on one green- there is a very small patch of heavy rough  (it's a straight in putt from there- and it didn't impact the putt). But the patch wasn't there in the design file or any of the three betas... luck of the draw I guess.

my game and controller has gone to complete crap. Sunday morning- i had a -17, -15, -13... then I lost my internet connection for a few hours and since then it's all banana balls and inconsistent tempo. completely unplayable.
really hope that’s fixed for 2019 because it’s very frustrating. might buy myself a new controller for 2019. On your course I was doing great I birdied the first 4 holes and then struggled to keep it in the cone.  Not sure if that was anything to do with controller but might get one anyway. Would have been great if you could get a TGC controller.

Now might be a little late for me to tell you how much i despise that 12th hole...  though it's more of a me problem bc i don't have a club to hit that green- esp with that wind. I went +8 on 12 and 13.  Taking the time to switch out a club would've saved me 7 strokes in this tourney. #lazyfk
My Courses-
The Olmsted-South Course
Attaturk GC at Cappadocia
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

Matt43

« Reply #3137 on: July 11, 2018, 12:32:08 AM »

Now might be a little late for me to tell you how much i despise that 12th hole...  though it's more of a me problem bc i don't have a club to hit that green- esp with that wind. I went +8 on 12 and 13.  Taking the time to switch out a club would've saved me 7 strokes in this tourney. #lazyfk
yeah I just about reached. I knew I should have made it closer.  :D

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #3138 on: July 11, 2018, 05:34:26 AM »
Challenger Series - Nike White Rose Pennine Classic @ The Greens of Woodhall Hills - 100% Purse & 10,000 BPF

EVENT REPORT

Well Matt will be delighted with the fantastic 48 hour Challenger field of 216 who contested our White Rose Pennine Classic - awesome guys! And it was perennial winner Class on -31 who tasted glory again in a closely fought, thrilling finish. Hockey thundered round Woodhall on 30 below to claim runner-up - and good to see Straw bag 3 after thumping a fine sub 26. While Dec4Ireland claimed 4 on 25 under, with Looper completing our top 5 at 24 below. Well played to all competitors, and many thanks yet again for your super support!

NOW LIVE - W10 E32 - Weds 11-13 July - Casuals Fun Day - 2D 36H - Avotazbank Cyprus Open @ Cyprus National - 6958 yds - Designer Scampi

We journey to the beautiful ancient city of Nicosia now - as we contest the Avotazbank Cyprus Open. The thoughtfully crafted, organic, welcoming Cyprus National our venue - gonna be a super 48 hours of championship golf. Hope you can join us.

Matt43

« Reply #3139 on: July 11, 2018, 05:43:45 AM »
Thanks Chelsea and to everyone who played.

ddixjr509

« Reply #3140 on: July 11, 2018, 09:58:15 AM »

[/quote]

The Hole played fine, in all my playtesting (+/- 8 rds total) I never scored better than a double bogey- but I played your ghost when you got the hole in one there- so I figured it was a me problem.  Was that back bunker on #13 a last minute edit?
I thought the course played well in the Tournament- there were a couple of quirks that you'll correct and do better next time.
I'm looking forward to the next one.
My Courses-
The Olmsted-South Course
Attaturk GC at Cappadocia
TPC at Quinns Vineyard

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #3141 on: July 11, 2018, 12:20:17 PM »
Had a course tip from Bro. Evansville Municipal GC. Simple, understated, clean little number set in a utopian small American town. Neatly rowed houses, buildings, car parks - there's even a graveyard! Very Casuals friendly, charmful and certainly worth a look.

@Matt - Field updated to 216 at Woodhall. Which as far as I can recall is a record for a Challenger two day event!

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #3142 on: July 11, 2018, 02:02:29 PM »
Right. Bye-bye all. Bit of a kickabout on in an hour! Enjoy fellas.

Matt43

« Reply #3143 on: July 11, 2018, 02:25:54 PM »
Had a course tip from Bro. Evansville Municipal GC. Simple, understated, clean little number set in a utopian small American town. Neatly rowed houses, buildings, car parks - there's even a graveyard! Very Casuals friendly, charmful and certainly worth a look.

@Matt - Field updated to 216 at Woodhall. Which as far as I can recall is a record for a Challenger two day event!
that is awesome news. My bad on the OB marker being so near to fairway on 10. Had to reduce trees to make room on the plant meter and deleted a lot of OB markers in open space but obviously missed some. Live and learn as they say.

Matt43

« Reply #3144 on: July 11, 2018, 02:29:21 PM »

The Hole played fine, in all my playtesting (+/- 8 rds total) I never scored better than a double bogey- but I played your ghost when you got the hole in one there- so I figured it was a me problem.  Was that back bunker on #13 a last minute edit?
I thought the course played well in the Tournament- there were a couple of quirks that you'll correct and do better next time.
I'm looking forward to the next one.
[/quote]bunker on 13 always been there.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #3145 on: July 12, 2018, 06:52:33 AM »
Well played Croatia. Fantastic achievement for such a small nation!

CGC EXCLUSIVE COURSES

There's a fair wad of behind the scenes collaboration going on between CGC and designers. As we continue to strive to bring exclusive, tournament ready courses for our members to enjoy. So here's a shout for the latest couple. Firstly next Monday's Challenger venue, the beautiful 'Khao Sok National CGC' - with designer Gerard very kindly reworking and renaming the course exclusively for The Casuals. Similar thanks to Icyken for creating another Casuals exclusive venue 'Machrihan Dunes Par 3 Super 12s.' Venue for our huge Super 12 opener - the S12 Par 3 World Golf Championships Mon 23-25 July. Give them an early run guys, both are crackers.

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #3146 on: July 12, 2018, 08:44:04 AM »
CGC SEASON FIVE

WEEK 11 SCHEDULE

Final domestic week of events of Season 5 next week - before our monster, season ending and defining Super 12s get underway in week 12! Again we have three truly premier venues to savour, and all three created by friends and/or members of The CGC. Another super seven days of Casuals Championship Golf incoming. Hope you can join us.

W11 E34 - Mon 16-18 July - Challenger Series - 2D 36H - ZDF World Challenger Series @ Khao Sok National CGC - 6961 yds - Designer Gerard

W11 E35 - Weds 18-20 July - Casuals Fun Day - 2D 36H - Mizuno Players Shootout @ Windwalker - 6824 yds - Designer Arrowhead

W12 E36 - Fri 20-23 July - Big Week-Ender - 3D 36H - Citigroup New York City Classic @ The Olmsted - 6938 yds - Designer DD - 20,000 BPF

stan_solo

« Reply #3147 on: July 12, 2018, 09:28:54 AM »
Well played Croatia. Fantastic achievement for such a small nation!

I remember we said the same about Iceland    .....      ;)

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #3148 on: July 12, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »
^^ V welcome!

NOW - ALL NIGHTER - Casuals Fun Day - Avotazbank Cyprus Open @ Cyprus National

Super welcoming venue and conditions over in Nicosia, and we've some super hot perfomances to go with it!  Class heads the field at 33 below as this one thunders to it's conclusion. So do join us and enjoy some all nighter tournament golf with the fun and friendly CGC. Event closes 9AM UKT Friday.

NEXT - W10 E33 - Fri 13-16 July - Big Week-Ender - 3D 36H - BMW European Masters @ The Estate - 7144 yds - Designer Antiparosjez - 20,000 BPF

Wonderful tournament ready venue greets The Casuals tomorrow, as we journey to Jez's latest work of golfing art The Estate. Our showcase Big Week-Ender the BMW European Masters gets underway Friday 9AM UKT. Hope you can be part of it.

Arrowheadx61

« Reply #3149 on: July 12, 2018, 04:54:55 PM »
CGC SEASON FIVE

WEEK 11 SCHEDULE

Final domestic week of events of Season 5 next week - before our monster, season ending and defining Super 12s get underway in week 12! Again we have three truly premier venues to savour, and all three created by friends and/or members of The CGC. Another super seven days of Casuals Championship Golf incoming. Hope you can join us.

W11 E34 - Mon 16-18 July - Challenger Series - 2D 36H - ZDF World Challenger Series @ Khao Sok National CGC - 6961 yds - Designer Gerard

W11 E35 - Weds 18-20 July - Casuals Fun Day - 2D 36H - Mizuno Players Shootout @ Windwalker - 6824 yds - Designer Arrowhead

W12 E36 - Fri 20-23 July - Big Week-Ender - 3D 36H - Citigroup New York City Classic @ The Olmsted - 6938 yds - Designer DD - 20,000 BPF

I'm excited and honored that my course, The Windwalker @ Two Rivers Run, received consideration and is being included in the CGC schedule. Thank you very much! Best of luck to everyone. Enjoy and light 'em up!

space-cash