I need help

• 2 Replies

ctdrakotic

« on: July 07, 2017, 11:16:48 AM »
I made a Championship Course. its called PGA (Championship Course). I Was wondering if some of you guys would put it in your season events even if you don't list it as a major. Its Designed in my opinion just as the USGA would Approve of and I'm looking for feedback. I'm a golf course greens keeper so id just like to hear the feedback

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 11:02:48 PM »
You've got a long way to go - no offense

Check out some of the tutorials available by tastegw and others

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 11:56:09 PM »
Play other people's courses for ideas and inspiration.  Design for yourself.  It becomes addicting.  With each course you make you will learn new things and improve on your techniques.  We have many truly gifted designers in TGC, but there's always room for more.  I'm nowhere near being in their league either, but I keep plodding along......  hopefully I'm getting better with each one.  We each find our own niche.  I still design mainly for myself, but I am starting to pick up a few people who appreciate my work too and that's very gratifying.  I would say offhand that I've got at least 4-5 thousand hours working in the designer...... maybe even more than that.  On average, a decent course takes 80+ hours or more to design.   Be patient.  Build it and they will come.  Good Luck and just have fun with it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 11:58:04 PM by RockManDan »
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash